Death Squads Game Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Played my First DS Games Today

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
rhuntar

rhuntar

Played my First DS Games Today Empty
PostSubject: Played my First DS Games Today   Played my First DS Games Today I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 17, 2013 10:38 pm

Ordo Septenarius and I played two games of DS today.

Apologies for the rough photos and lack of paint on everything. I didn't get the camera back from my wife's work, and we only had my half finished Mordheim board to play on.

We played starter squads both times and played the Stake-out and Elimination scenario and then Surprise Attack

Kroot were the attackers, Orks started with nearly all his recruits passing their I test to move on the first turn. His Officers in a building in the center were revealed quickly, and started to work on their escape.

We traded a lot of missed shots in the first couple turns before making contact near the center of the table. I lost a couple models to fire from the Flash Gitz, and got a couple clear shots on the target Officer (one of the 'Ard Boyz) that missed wildly.

I ended up calling a Tactical Retreat after loosing a few too many troops near the center, and feeling like the other half of my squad was too far out of position to be able to catch the Target.

Played my First DS Games Today Battlerep%20001
Carnivore gets a clear shot at the Target on the third floor, while Burna Boyz to the right cover the river

Played my First DS Games Today Battlerep%20002
The Sneaky Boss jumped down to block the target, but shots still went wide.

Played my First DS Games Today Battlerep%20004
Kroot Hounds charge the 'Ard Boy who fell from the third story, while the target 'Ard Boy hides a floor above.

Played my First DS Games Today Battlerep%20006
Ork Boyz block the route to the Building where the Officers are

The second game, the Kroot were the defender. After re-reading the rules and rolling correctly for all my troops, only my Leader and Shaman were on the board on the first turn. OrdoS had crazy dice rolls, so many OOAs on a 6. The Flash Gitz first shot at full range took my Leader OOA. My Shaman managed to run and hole up for a turn or two, while reinforcements started trickling in. I got some lucky table edge rolls, and then made up for it by largely failing in HtH.... The Flash Gitz racked up 3 or 4 kills and the Burna Boyz did in another 2 or 3 Kroot. The Orks ended up taking out all my Kroot to a man (bird?). I had a lucky run when my Heavy turned up on turn 4 (rolled 11, 10 and 11 for reinforcement rolls... ), but far too little too late....

Played my First DS Games Today Battlerep%20007
An entire Ork Squad charges a lonely Kroot Shaman, hunkered in a building.

We had a great time, and had a few questions pop up, but felt like we started to get a good grasp of the rules. I definitely would like to give them a fresh re-read, as it's probably been a couple years since I've read much of the core rules....

Cheers
-rhuntar
Back to top Go down
https://twitter.com/Oftheninefinger
Komfritten

Komfritten

PostSubject: Re: Played my First DS Games Today   Played my First DS Games Today I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2013 3:07 am

Great! Congrats on your first game!

Hope you enjoy it as much as I do =)

What the pictures lack in quality they make up for in great angles Wink
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: Played my First DS Games Today   Played my First DS Games Today I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 18, 2013 6:31 am

Sounds like a good start to the world of Death Squads!
Did you do any of the post-game sequence to develop your squad?
Laney
Back to top Go down
Gatlag Stonetooth

Gatlag Stonetooth

PostSubject: Re: Played my First DS Games Today   Played my First DS Games Today I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2013 5:05 am

Sounds indeed like fun!
I always like the "model view" pics in a report, good job on those! Smile
Back to top Go down
Matt12z

Matt12z

PostSubject: Re: Played my First DS Games Today   Played my First DS Games Today I_icon_minitimeThu May 09, 2013 8:15 am

An enjoyable report! Just sorry it took me so long to catch it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Played my First DS Games Today   Played my First DS Games Today I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Played my First DS Games Today
Page 1 of 1