Death Squads Game Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Adeptus Arbites [PIC HEAVY BE WARNED!!!!]

Go down 
+9
Dysturbed
DeafNala
mudboy
Eliazar
Mordheimer
valthonis
Da Bank
Laney
Lord GreyWolf
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Lord GreyWolf

Lord GreyWolf

Adeptus Arbites [PIC HEAVY BE WARNED!!!!] Empty
PostSubject: Adeptus Arbites [PIC HEAVY BE WARNED!!!!]   Adeptus Arbites [PIC HEAVY BE WARNED!!!!] I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 4:16 am

ok this is a fun project for me.

I'll be using these in a couple of missions I have been cooking up.

#1: a turf war is happening in a slum town. two squads must try and control the slums. but they have to watch out for a roaming patrol of Adeptus arbites. basically the arbites will attack any squads they see. All squad members OOA by an arbite are automatically classified as being captured and will be placed in a local Jail. Any captured models may be liberated by their remaining members but will have to fighter their way through more Arbites.

#2: [solo mission] The Adeptus Arbites are patrolling a slum town. Your squad has vital information and you must get out of the net of Law. for each member of your squad who get out you gain 1 exp, plus 2d6x3 credits worth of items you have smuggled out. more to add but still working on the dynamics of this mission.....

enough of my blabbering here are the pics:

Adeptus Arbite Shock troops
Adeptus Arbites [PIC HEAVY BE WARNED!!!!] 1004724j

Penal Legion [orange jump suits????]
Adeptus Arbites [PIC HEAVY BE WARNED!!!!] 1004725h

Will post more pics of the Adeptus Aribite Shotgun troops but waiting for some more bitz to arrive.

Cheers
LGW

Last edited by Lord GreyWolf on Thu May 06, 2010 5:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: Adeptus Arbites [PIC HEAVY BE WARNED!!!!]   Adeptus Arbites [PIC HEAVY BE WARNED!!!!] I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 7:44 am

Hi LGW,

The guy playing the Savlar Chem Dogs, is treating them as a penal legion and also going for the orange jump suit look (Great minds think alike). It'll be interesting to see how yours turn out. I was going to paint one model - to see how it turns out (I've never painted orange before). Your colour schemes take my own ideas in new directions (I tend towards standard schemes most of the time) - nice work.

Just a thought on the Adeptus Arbites (as you are clearly a converter at heart), have you seen the human blood bowl players from the box set game? - they strike me as perfect Arbites conversion fodder. Also, had you thought about cyberhounds? (Is that the right name?) - I can't find very much of quality to fill this gap.

Cheers Laney
Back to top Go down
Da Bank

Da Bank

PostSubject: Re: Adeptus Arbites [PIC HEAVY BE WARNED!!!!]   Adeptus Arbites [PIC HEAVY BE WARNED!!!!] I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 10:27 am

If you are looking for Arbite material there is a Necromunda gang that is an Arbite one.

Check it out as they have cyber dogs. I had started an Arbit squad a long long time ago but I have no idea where that stuff is but info was pulled from the Necromunda squad.
Back to top Go down
Lord GreyWolf

Lord GreyWolf

PostSubject: Re: Adeptus Arbites [PIC HEAVY BE WARNED!!!!]   Adeptus Arbites [PIC HEAVY BE WARNED!!!!] I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 11:59 am

02laney wrote:
Hi LGW,

The guy playing the Savlar Chem Dogs, is treating them as a penal legion and also going for the orange jump suit look (Great minds think alike). It'll be interesting to see how yours turn out. I was going to paint one model - to see how it turns out (I've never painted orange before). Your colour schemes take my own ideas in new directions (I tend towards standard schemes most of the time) - nice work.

Just a thought on the Adeptus Arbites (as you are clearly a converter at heart), have you seen the human blood bowl players from the box set game? - they strike me as perfect Arbites conversion fodder. Also, had you thought about cyberhounds? (Is that the right name?) - I can't find very much of quality to fill this gap.

Cheers Laney

I want to get a cyberhound but can't find any miniatures to use for them.....very frustrating

anyone got ideas towards something that would be useable as a cyberhound?

Cheers
LGW
Back to top Go down
valthonis

valthonis

PostSubject: Re: Adeptus Arbites [PIC HEAVY BE WARNED!!!!]   Adeptus Arbites [PIC HEAVY BE WARNED!!!!] I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 28, 2010 6:03 pm

Are you talking about the cyberhound that comes with the Necromunda Arbite squad?

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat1060105&prodId=prod1120127
Back to top Go down
Lord GreyWolf

Lord GreyWolf

PostSubject: Re: Adeptus Arbites [PIC HEAVY BE WARNED!!!!]   Adeptus Arbites [PIC HEAVY BE WARNED!!!!] I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 2:46 am

valthonis wrote:
Are you talking about the cyberhound that comes with the Necromunda Arbite squad?

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat1060105&prodId=prod1120127

yup that would be them....but at $60 [US???] to steep for my liking. my current conversion would be less then $30AUD all up with the bitz I have bought online. and that will be for a complete squad of 18 minis....

cheers
LGW
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Adeptus Arbites [PIC HEAVY BE WARNED!!!!]   Adeptus Arbites [PIC HEAVY BE WARNED!!!!] I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 9:23 am

... AND your conversions are WAY cooler! Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
valthonis

valthonis

PostSubject: Re: Adeptus Arbites [PIC HEAVY BE WARNED!!!!]   Adeptus Arbites [PIC HEAVY BE WARNED!!!!] I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 7:47 pm

I was referring more to the cyberhound and the set as a source.
Could check eBay for cheaper sources, but I'm guessing you've done that.
Back to top Go down
valthonis

valthonis

PostSubject: Re: Adeptus Arbites [PIC HEAVY BE WARNED!!!!]   Adeptus Arbites [PIC HEAVY BE WARNED!!!!] I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 7:48 pm

Oh, excellent conversions by the way!
Back to top Go down
Lord GreyWolf

Lord GreyWolf

PostSubject: Re: Adeptus Arbites [PIC HEAVY BE WARNED!!!!]   Adeptus Arbites [PIC HEAVY BE WARNED!!!!] I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 29, 2010 11:12 pm

thx

yeah been looking on ebay for awhile now...got some more bitz today so will add some more figs to the thread once I've done the conversions...

Cheers
LGW
Back to top Go down
Lord GreyWolf

Lord GreyWolf

PostSubject: Re: Adeptus Arbites [PIC HEAVY BE WARNED!!!!]   Adeptus Arbites [PIC HEAVY BE WARNED!!!!] I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 09, 2010 7:48 pm

ok some more pics of the Adeptus Arbites

Combat shotgun team

Adeptus Arbites [PIC HEAVY BE WARNED!!!!] Img2604z

Cybernetic K-9's

Adeptus Arbites [PIC HEAVY BE WARNED!!!!] Img2598a

Adeptus Arbites [PIC HEAVY BE WARNED!!!!] Img2603n

Adeptus Arbites [PIC HEAVY BE WARNED!!!!] Img2599i

gave up trying to find cyberntic dogs so converted two up....

cheers
LGW
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Adeptus Arbites [PIC HEAVY BE WARNED!!!!]   Adeptus Arbites [PIC HEAVY BE WARNED!!!!] I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 3:39 am

WTF?!?! Shocked Are those Auspexii??? CRAZY MAN! Space Wolf Helmets?!?! HA! You are insane! WOW! I'm in shock... hehehe... can you PLEASE give a list of materials?

GREAT conversions... you are a true hobbyists! Thanks for sharing!
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: Adeptus Arbites [PIC HEAVY BE WARNED!!!!]   Adeptus Arbites [PIC HEAVY BE WARNED!!!!] I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 4:03 am

Nice work on the cyberhounds - great idea to use the space puppy helmets. I'd say great conversions - but It's more like a scratchbuild, given the range of parts you've used and what you've done with them. Must have taken some playing around to get the dimensions/parts right on those dogs!

I second Mordheimer - parts list please pirat - or better yet a mini-tutorial (if you plan on more).

The shotgun combat team look very arbites with those laurels. Again good work - love to it when its painted (my paints are all packed away in boxes till the 21st Sad - so you've got to help me with more hobby goodness!)

Cheers Laney cheers
Back to top Go down
Lord GreyWolf

Lord GreyWolf

PostSubject: Re: Adeptus Arbites [PIC HEAVY BE WARNED!!!!]   Adeptus Arbites [PIC HEAVY BE WARNED!!!!] I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 4:28 am

Mordheimer wrote:
WTF?!?! Shocked Are those Auspexii??? CRAZY MAN! Space Wolf Helmets?!?! HA! You are insane! WOW! I'm in shock... hehehe... can you PLEASE give a list of materials?

GREAT conversions... you are a true hobbyists! Thanks for sharing!

ok you have guessed some of the bitz i used but here is the list:

Head: Space Marine Space wolves helmet
Upper Body: Imperial Guard Torso
Lower Body: bitz off the bastion gun emplacement struts... [far right component i guess the hinge] <--see below pic
Top body engines: bitz off the bastion gun emplacement struts.. [made from the far left component below the spike] <--see below pic
Upper legs: Auspex!!! yup you were correct....
Lower legs: arms from termagaunt/hormagaunt
claws: tips from the Chaos marauder horns. [cut off the helmets]
Tail: chaos mutant claw.
Tail Tip: bitz off the bastion gun emplacement struts..[made from the spike from the left component above what I used to make the engines] <--see below pic

for those who don't know what I mean by the bastion gun emplacement strut here is a pic of one off my Ork Trash-kan arms:

Adeptus Arbites [PIC HEAVY BE WARNED!!!!] 1004611

not sure if I could make another one just the bitz I had was lucky to make two of them...it was the legs that had me stumped... awake for 25 hours and I came up with the dogs LOL <--- worked night shift 12 hours, came home first day off and I don't sleep.... can't when your kids wake up at 7am and you got home at 6:30am and all they want is daddy then you stay up and it gets to a certain point and you just can't get to sleep so don't bother... affraid confused

mainly trying to figure out how the legs would look and fit together the rest sort of developed over the day.

I've pretty much got the squad the way I want them to be sorted out....

even got some fluff sorted but won't post any of that stuff till AFTER TLRB V0.5.0 is RELEASED!!!!!!!

Cheers
LGW
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Adeptus Arbites [PIC HEAVY BE WARNED!!!!]   Adeptus Arbites [PIC HEAVY BE WARNED!!!!] I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 4:57 am

Wow... creative stuff!

I 2nd Laney... when you decide to make more doggies, please make a Tutorial (post it on the Tutorial section)... it is a scratch built like no other! BRAVO! cheers
Back to top Go down
Eliazar

Eliazar

PostSubject: Re: Adeptus Arbites [PIC HEAVY BE WARNED!!!!]   Adeptus Arbites [PIC HEAVY BE WARNED!!!!] I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 5:13 pm

Wow, cyber dogs!!! That's awesome! I have been thinking about converting them for ages, given the fact that the only other way to get some is by buying the stupid enforcers.... Congrats, man!
Back to top Go down
Da Bank

Da Bank

PostSubject: Re: Adeptus Arbites [PIC HEAVY BE WARNED!!!!]   Adeptus Arbites [PIC HEAVY BE WARNED!!!!] I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 9:59 am

Holy Crap! Those dogs are awesome!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Lord GreyWolf

Lord GreyWolf

PostSubject: Re: Adeptus Arbites [PIC HEAVY BE WARNED!!!!]   Adeptus Arbites [PIC HEAVY BE WARNED!!!!] I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 4:15 am

well tomorrow night [NZ time] you will hopefully see my vision of the Adeptus Arbites.

many minis have been altered others scrapped and new minis drafted others have been heavily converted.

so watch this space for the Adeptus Arbites:

Quote :
Disclaimer: The Squad that will be shown tomorrow is in NO way the final formation or intended Squad set up. But is a representation of what the miniatures could look like.....

Cheers
LGW
Loyal Servitor #7
Back to top Go down
Lord GreyWolf

Lord GreyWolf

PostSubject: Re: Adeptus Arbites [PIC HEAVY BE WARNED!!!!]   Adeptus Arbites [PIC HEAVY BE WARNED!!!!] I_icon_minitimeSat May 01, 2010 7:22 am

ok here are the pics.

The paint job looks better in person. the pics just make them look bad really bad Puke . [NB: I am not a very good painter so I apologize now for them]

The Adeptus Aribites:
Adeptus Arbites [PIC HEAVY BE WARNED!!!!] 1004750w

Adeptus Arbites [PIC HEAVY BE WARNED!!!!] 1004753v

Marshall of the court: Mythro
Adeptus Arbites [PIC HEAVY BE WARNED!!!!] 10047272 Adeptus Arbites [PIC HEAVY BE WARNED!!!!] 10047302

Provost of the Court: Egeb
Adeptus Arbites [PIC HEAVY BE WARNED!!!!] 10047282 Adeptus Arbites [PIC HEAVY BE WARNED!!!!] 10047292

Detective: Vladof
Adeptus Arbites [PIC HEAVY BE WARNED!!!!] 10047362

Proctor: Fitz
Adeptus Arbites [PIC HEAVY BE WARNED!!!!] 10047312 Adeptus Arbites [PIC HEAVY BE WARNED!!!!] 10047322

City Watch commander: Doral
Adeptus Arbites [PIC HEAVY BE WARNED!!!!] 10047332 Adeptus Arbites [PIC HEAVY BE WARNED!!!!] 10047342

Sniper: Kul
Adeptus Arbites [PIC HEAVY BE WARNED!!!!] 10047452 Adeptus Arbites [PIC HEAVY BE WARNED!!!!] 10047462

Executioner: Wulf [Heavy Stubber]
Adeptus Arbites [PIC HEAVY BE WARNED!!!!] 10047412 Adeptus Arbites [PIC HEAVY BE WARNED!!!!] 10047422

Executioner: Spix [Web Gun]
Adeptus Arbites [PIC HEAVY BE WARNED!!!!] 10047432 Adeptus Arbites [PIC HEAVY BE WARNED!!!!] 10047442

Cyber-Wolf: Bruno
Adeptus Arbites [PIC HEAVY BE WARNED!!!!] 10047382

Gun-Servitor: Brand
Adeptus Arbites [PIC HEAVY BE WARNED!!!!] 10047392 Adeptus Arbites [PIC HEAVY BE WARNED!!!!] 10047402

City Watch: Dax, Phek, Gane [Shock Troops]
Adeptus Arbites [PIC HEAVY BE WARNED!!!!] 10047471

City Watch: Jez, Joz, Fink [Combat Troops]
Adeptus Arbites [PIC HEAVY BE WARNED!!!!] 10047481

Haven't done the Servo-skulls yet still W.I.P

well that's the lot please forgive the crappy paint job. made me feel stink when I had the larger pics set up made me feel like my daughter could do better. usually i am better but of late been really slack. confused Embarassed Puke

Cheers
LGW
Loyal Servitor #7
Back to top Go down
mudboy

mudboy

PostSubject: Re: Adeptus Arbites [PIC HEAVY BE WARNED!!!!]   Adeptus Arbites [PIC HEAVY BE WARNED!!!!] I_icon_minitimeSat May 01, 2010 7:28 am

Adeptus Arbites [PIC HEAVY BE WARNED!!!!] JawdropThey look awsome with awesomesauce and topped with awesome! I especially like the Watch commander and the sniper.
And don't worry about the painting, the quality is lifted several levels by the conversions!
Back to top Go down
DeafNala

DeafNala

PostSubject: Re: Adeptus Arbites [PIC HEAVY BE WARNED!!!!]   Adeptus Arbites [PIC HEAVY BE WARNED!!!!] I_icon_minitimeSat May 01, 2010 7:58 am

COOL STUFF! The conversion work is EXCELLENT. Don't be too hard on yourself...your painting is by far superior to most "table top" paint jobs AND will only get better with each new batch of minis. VERY WELL DONE! What a Face
Back to top Go down
Lord GreyWolf

Lord GreyWolf

PostSubject: Re: Adeptus Arbites [PIC HEAVY BE WARNED!!!!]   Adeptus Arbites [PIC HEAVY BE WARNED!!!!] I_icon_minitimeSat May 01, 2010 8:36 am

thx guys.....

I loved doing the conversions on this squad by far some of my best work.

the Cyber-wolf was a bit of a fluke and the City Watch Commander was a handler for the cyber pup before I dropped him out.

Still got to do some Special Characters and a Hired guy but will post some pics of them once I got them worked out. my bitz box is getting smaller by the day....

but I must say I have made 6 full squads from it..... Dreadnought

next project is going to be an Eldar Squad got some figs lined up and just need to get the officers.

Cheers
LGW
Loyal Servitor #7
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Adeptus Arbites [PIC HEAVY BE WARNED!!!!]   Adeptus Arbites [PIC HEAVY BE WARNED!!!!] I_icon_minitimeSat May 01, 2010 8:53 am

GREAT JOB! The conversions are AWESOME! You and Laney... wow! The Cyper-pup and the Heavy Stubber are pure GOLD!

Do not worry about the paint job... slowly but steadily you will get better and better. Right now, they are great to play! The best constructive criticism and tip I can give you... for your next venture painting! Wink

* Try 3 base colors, rather than 2. Right now these guys have metallic grey and red. They seem that they could use 'flesh' color to complete the illusion... specially on the faces. The hard work on the 'spartan' helmet is lost because the paint illusion is opposite to the modeling (conversion) illusion... remember that painting is about tricking the eye.

* Choose a palette of complimentary Colors. Bone white, green, and gold could work... these are to be used as to 'enhance' certain sections... just as a drybrush of green on a sword makes it a 'power sword' and the pup with Green Eyes makes the eyes the focal point.

* Base the models a different color than the model! That way they don't look like statues (yours do NOT look like statues... but you know what I mean!) Some glue and fine sand... few clumps of static grass. Will GREATLY enhance each model.

* Treat every 'part' of the model as a separate entity. For example, treat the fighter as a model, the weapons as a model and the base as a model... it will become even better, as the illusion seems more delicate, with miniml effort.

* Practice, practice, practice!

GREAT JOB! Please keep it up! cheers
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: Adeptus Arbites [PIC HEAVY BE WARNED!!!!]   Adeptus Arbites [PIC HEAVY BE WARNED!!!!] I_icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 12:34 pm

Good job - the overall effectiveness of the paintjob and the superb conversions (inspired by the way), make for an excellent 'look'.

Perfect Arbites

Laney cheers
Back to top Go down
Lord GreyWolf

Lord GreyWolf

PostSubject: Re: Adeptus Arbites [PIC HEAVY BE WARNED!!!!]   Adeptus Arbites [PIC HEAVY BE WARNED!!!!] I_icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 3:59 pm

the Arbites have under gone a few changes over the last few days.

Will post some pics soon of the re-vamped squad....

Cheers
LGW
Loyal Servitor #7
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Adeptus Arbites [PIC HEAVY BE WARNED!!!!]   Adeptus Arbites [PIC HEAVY BE WARNED!!!!] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Adeptus Arbites [PIC HEAVY BE WARNED!!!!]
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Death Squads Game Forums :: Death Squads - Community :: Painting & Modeling-
Jump to: