Death Squads Game Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos!

Go down 
+20
The ISH
cody20
VonHagel
StyrofoamKing
Lord GreyWolf
dr!zzt
moggd
Kiwi
Skeller
edward
Da Eavy
mudboy
MathiasDark
way-of-the-warrior
Laney
Sandormen
DoZer
Da Bank
Dysturbed
Mordheimer
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
moggd

moggd

Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos! - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos!   Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos! - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2010 9:47 pm

That is some funny stuff. I love it. Good job Mordheimer.
Back to top Go down
Kiwi

Kiwi

PostSubject: Re: Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos!   Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos! - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 12:14 am

Thanks guys,
@ Mordheimer LOL I absolutely can't believe your model, it is fantastic especially the back story you have for it, hilarious yet strangely believable in ork society.
You are absolutely right about the shoulder pad insignia but I have no gold paint so I made it a much clearer white, hopefully it will stand out more

@ 02laney Thanks for your kind words, For the flamer I drybrushed the bit furthest away from the tip with boltgun metal, then dry brushed the rest of the nozzel with Tin bitz (finally a use for it), then dry brushed the end of it with chaos black, and finally a light dry brush with tin bitz to make it look less tri colour and on the melta a badab black wash. It would have probably been much easier with ogryn flesh.

I have changed the pictures for some much better ones (the camera finally decided to stop playing up), hope that is ok.
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos!   Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos! - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 1:56 am

@ Mordheimer - Genius, just genius, heresy, of course, but genius! (The Inquisition are going to come knocking soon)

Cheers Laney LOL
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos!   Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos! - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 6:35 am

Thanks for the comments guys! Keeps one going seeing the reaction, you know? I will take the model to our meeting tomorrow, so Da Bank & Dozer can see it.

@ LGW: That is why it took me more than a year to make this... that loo (toilet, for us who speak English gringo-style!) was a pain to find. The first on I found was probably bigger than the one you use for the 'Private Poo' piece you did. Hmmm after seeing yurs, I probably use it... with a full grown Ork! HA!

@ Kiwi: No gold paint? No problem! Take some yellow add some orange... then a tad of that Boltgun Metal paint You may get the right tone... since you will use it for such a tiny part. If not, maybe take red and some boltgun metal... this will give you a deep red metallic color. Try in ANOTHER model first!
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
dr!zzt

dr!zzt

PostSubject: Re: Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos!   Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos! - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 6:45 am

I must say thats hard to me to leave this guy...

Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos! - Page 7 P1010012

Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos! - Page 7 P1010013

Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos! - Page 7 P1010015

then painting...
Back to top Go down
Lord GreyWolf

Lord GreyWolf

PostSubject: Re: Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos!   Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos! - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 6:47 am

@ Mord:
I made it big enough for an ork. as the following pic was my insperation:

Quote :
Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos! - Page 7 Ghoulies
Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos! - Page 7 1004942
Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos! - Page 7 1004943x
Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos! - Page 7 1004945
Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos! - Page 7 1004944

"We'll get you in the END" is Private POO's moto....

Cheers
LGW
Back to top Go down
Da Bank

Da Bank

PostSubject: Re: Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos!   Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos! - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 7:42 am

@Drizzt....Predator Action!!

@LGW...Private Poo, reporting for duty!
Back to top Go down
mudboy

mudboy

PostSubject: Re: Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos!   Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos! - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 8:09 am

@Mordheimer; You are crazy!!!

@dr!zzt; That's a creppy Kroot! Nice

I started painting my little friend and I need some advice. I can't figure out what colour to use for his hood. It need's to be a focus point on the model.

It only has base colours so far:
Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos! - Page 7 P5230004
Back to top Go down
cody20

cody20

PostSubject: Re: Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos!   Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos! - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 9:21 am

dr!zzt wrote:
I must say thats hard to me to leave this guy...

Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos! - Page 7 P1010012

Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos! - Page 7 P1010013

Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos! - Page 7 P1010015

then painting...

dr!zzt I want this, its amazing
Back to top Go down
The ISH

The ISH

PostSubject: Re: Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos!   Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos! - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 9:22 am

I feel the strange urge to elect that Kroot governor....
Back to top Go down
Lord GreyWolf

Lord GreyWolf

PostSubject: Re: Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos!   Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos! - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 9:37 am

not sure on what would be a good colour scheme.

@ mudboy: what about a dark brown base, then paint on a light brown, touch up the raised bits with hazelnut, then try a cream or white dry brush for highlights and the final step add watered down brown ink....

good old leather face.

well I thought I better post some pics of mine.

here is the base for my Prisoner exchange.... Still waiting on the bitz for the prisoner to arrive hopefully get here soon.

Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos! - Page 7 1004970
Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos! - Page 7 10049801
Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos! - Page 7 10049811
Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos! - Page 7 10049821
Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos! - Page 7 10049841
Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos! - Page 7 10049851

Just need to do some minor touch ups where I glued the Chaos Marine to the base. will use some inks to wash over the glue residue and hopefully hide it. I have my fingers cross that the person who is getting this will actually like it....

Cheers
LGW
Back to top Go down
moggd

moggd

PostSubject: Re: Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos!   Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos! - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 9:47 am

WOW!! That's all Ican say.... You guys are inspiring me to try to make a custom base fory my prisoner, though I am slightly intimidated too. (It would be my first scratch built base.)
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos!   Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos! - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 9:52 am

@ dr!zzt: WOW! The only thing more impresive than your Prisoner is that you actually managed to CAPTURE a Predator! HA! Great work man! How you did the facemask? I know what you mean about being hard to let go of the model.

@ mudboy: How dare you ERASE the albino slippers?!??! You are driving me insane! For the hood I would suggest a putrid flesh green, with some brown ink. This way it looks dark, griddy and dirty.

@ LGW: You battle diorama is looking great! I like the blue flesh color.

@ moggd: Please do! Not only there is no presure (like if you were participating on a Golden Daemon competition, for example), but it would be a great practice. Also, what GREAT HONOR for who ever receive your prisoner... your very first base conversion? Doesn't get much better than that! I know whoever gets my Prisoner will have the honor of gettimg my first scultped ass! Just Kidding HA! We are all behind you man... do whatever YOU want and is fun for YOU. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
dr!zzt

dr!zzt

PostSubject: Re: Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos!   Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos! - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 10:11 am

Mordheimer wrote:
@ dr!zzt: WOW! The only thing more impresive than your Prisoner is that you actually managed to CAPTURE a Predator! HA! Great work man! How you did the facemask? I know what you mean about being hard to let go of the model.

mask, just as most of limbs are pure GS.
Back to top Go down
edward

edward

PostSubject: Re: Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos!   Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos! - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 3:36 pm

dr!zzt that is one awesome predator-kroot!!!
Back to top Go down
DeafNala

DeafNala

PostSubject: Re: Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos!   Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos! - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 6:02 pm

There is some TRULY AMAZING STUFF about to be subjected to the less than tender mercies of various postal systems. ALL WONDERFULLY STUFF, VERY WELL DONE! What a Face
Back to top Go down
Da Bank

Da Bank

PostSubject: Re: Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos!   Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos! - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 7:24 pm

Looks like the Imperium censored his shoes.....very mysterious!
Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos! - Page 7 P5230004[/quote]
Back to top Go down
Kiwi

Kiwi

PostSubject: Re: Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos!   Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos! - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 12:10 am

@ Dr!zzt Your kroot predator thing is so awesome it took me a while to work out some parts of it. Does it have two power claws? The mask is fantastic! Please post pictures of him as soon as you finish him.

@ Mudboy Mordheimer is right, you are being unbelievably cruel not posting his bunny slippers! For his hood I think a dark and dirty red would suit him, but the other suggestions sound good too.

@ Mordheimer is this the gretchin rated PG (potty humor) foretold for the gretchin gang? If not he would fit in perfectly Very Happy .

@ Lord GreyWolf that is one cool base! I thought it was the actual model for a second there.
Back to top Go down
Lord GreyWolf

Lord GreyWolf

PostSubject: Re: Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos!   Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos! - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 12:15 am

Kiwi wrote:

@ Lord GreyWolf that is one cool base! I thought it was the actual model for a second there.

thx got the other bitz today so will start on the actual prisoner tonight.

Hopefully it comes out ok

Cheers
LGW
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos!   Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos! - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 12:57 am

Kiwi wrote:
@ Mordheimer is this the gretchin rated PG (potty humor) foretold for the gretchin gang? If not he would fit in perfectly Very Happy .
Well, I make my Gretchins as 'living' bombs... you see, last year (around this time!), after we made the Demolition Expert we started the summer campaign. We agreed to use the HG under the condition that NOBODY could had 'beads' or 'tokens' for booby-traps. Da Bank got some awesome resin bobby traps and I was stuck... the bar was high! Being Orkish, I decided to make my own. The 1st one was the chest (that is why it has no Gretchin) and then I though about putting a Grot... the one with the Gretchin inside the Oil Drum. It went downhill from there! Just Kidding As you can see below, I did quite a bunch.

Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos! - Page 7 GretchinGang-All01

Details can be seen on this post. Da Bank threw some numbers (probably a night of boredom) for a Gretchin Squad, as a comic relief (like life is not cruel enough!) They need to be worked out, but we are busy with the other (more serious) Squads. That Squad will be about crappy units... lots of numbers and 'inovations'. What Da Bank has in mind? Scary to ponder.

For now, Amperor is just a booby trap!
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos!   Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos! - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 1:55 am

Awesome stuff everybody! It's great to see everyone pushing the level on what they have tried before.

Cheers Laney
Back to top Go down
Lord GreyWolf

Lord GreyWolf

PostSubject: Re: Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos!   Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos! - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 2:44 am

02laney wrote:
Awesome stuff everybody! It's great to see everyone pushing the level on what they have tried before.

Cheers Laney

yeah I have never done a "fighting base" before so thought why not had the spare figs....

great effort all round guys I am proud to belong to such an amazing group of friendly and dedicated guys. [and that goes for the insane ones as well, you know who you are]...

Cheers
LGW
Back to top Go down
Da Bank

Da Bank

PostSubject: Re: Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos!   Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos! - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 7:18 am

Those are freakin great and I have seen then many times. Very Happy

We do have the Rebel Grots rules lurking in the background as we still have several "main stream" squads to finish.

I have the GorkaMorka Rebel leader and "banna" Waver already, plus a small assortment of Grots and Gretchins. I need to get the GW plastic set again.

The set up is very similiar to what we have. I believe we need to make them more "silly" in some ways but hopefully after the Kroot I can start on them next.
Back to top Go down
Skraag

Skraag

PostSubject: Re: Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos!   Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos! - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 8:00 am

Grot Rebels would be great, I still have my gorkamorka grot rebels somewhere and I'd really (thats really really) like to play them again Smile
Back to top Go down
mudboy

mudboy

PostSubject: Re: Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos!   Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos! - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 8:55 am

Ha ha I'm not showing anyone the bunny slippers of über cute'ness until they are done Just Kidding
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos!   Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos! - Page 7 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos!
Page 7 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next