Death Squads Game Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Help with urban camo, please!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Kiwi

Kiwi

Help with urban camo, please! Empty
PostSubject: Help with urban camo, please!   Help with urban camo, please! I_icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 1:24 am

I'm thinking of painting my prisoner in urban camouflage but I'm not sure really how to and I would really appreciate any ideas people have.

Here's the mini:

Help with urban camo, please! Death_30

And here is not so sucessful attempt ant urban camo:
Help with urban camo, please! Death_31
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Help with urban camo, please!   Help with urban camo, please! I_icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 8:53 am

I invite you to bask on the glory that are The Imperial Aces. That is GREAT urban camo!
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: Help with urban camo, please!   Help with urban camo, please! I_icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 10:54 am

Hi Kiwi,

There is a tutorial on urban camo in the tutorial section, which I did a while ago - might be useful. There are also some great step by step camo tutorials on the GW website as well (I think the tutorial has a link in it).

Ta Laney
Back to top Go down
Kiwi

Kiwi

PostSubject: Re: Help with urban camo, please!   Help with urban camo, please! I_icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 12:21 am

Thanks you guys the resources you have pointed me to have been invaluable, especially your's 02laney you put the G.W tutorial to shame.
Anyway here is what I have come up with:

Help with urban camo, please! Death_35

Any comments/ideas would be much appreciated.
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: Help with urban camo, please!   Help with urban camo, please! I_icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 1:52 am

Looks very good Cool - though a distance shot would be useful (to judge the effect at 28mm scale). You've clearly got a steady hand judging by the highlighting on the weapon. One little piece of advice - go and trawl the other 40k forums for painting tutorials there are loads of great ideas you can pick up and as always practice makes perfect.

Cheers Laney cheers
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Help with urban camo, please!   Help with urban camo, please! I_icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 6:33 am

Great job man! I 2nd Laney's comments!
Back to top Go down
Kiwi

Kiwi

PostSubject: Re: Help with urban camo, please!   Help with urban camo, please! I_icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 4:47 pm

Thanks guys,

Here is a distance shot:

Help with urban camo, please! Death_38

Is that better?

@02laney If you could give me a few links to some 40k forums that would be much appreciated, in the searches I did I couldn't find any useful tutorials Very Happy .
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: Help with urban camo, please!   Help with urban camo, please! I_icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 2:55 am

The arm looks real good - nice highlighting and you have the patience to paint your parts seperately (I usually glue everything together and then realise I can't reach a key bit!). A lighter highlight on the tubing e.g. blood red and a reddish wash e.g. ogyrn flesh on the hand will help to add definition. Your Catachan's will look superb when they are done.

Here are a few good places to start on the painting/modelling front...

Coolminiornot: http://www.coolminiornot.com/go.php/go/articlephp/levels/99/expand/all?

Dakka Dakka: http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/forums/show/68.page;jsessionid=3AD27A64A5C518F7019D69012ED49EA7 (The blogs are generally pretty good on this site too)

Tom Boring Mordheim Forum (great for fantasy ideas) .http://boringmordheimforum.forumieren.com/painting-and-modelling-f3/

Bell of Lost Souls: http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/forumdisplay.php?f=8

Several of these aren't tutorials as such, but you can pick up some great nuggets from them.

Just reading other peoples creative blogs can provide inspiration/a new technique to try etc
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Help with urban camo, please!   Help with urban camo, please! I_icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 5:25 am

Did anyone else notice the GREAT job on the Flamer nuzzle? THAT is the unsung hero.... GREAT JOB!!! I need to start doing THAT!
Back to top Go down
Kiwi

Kiwi

PostSubject: Re: Help with urban camo, please!   Help with urban camo, please! I_icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 11:55 pm

Thanks again for the feedback,
@ 02laney: Thanks for the links, the sites look very useful cheers .
I will definitely highlight more on the actual model, this is just a spare bit I want to get it right before I start on the actual model.
After seeing your Varangians affraid I definitely want to get my hands on some Ogryn flesh but I'm on the verge of running out of other paints.

@ Mordheimer: Thanks, painting the flamer nozzle was by far the most fun I've had painting in a while Very Happy .
Back to top Go down
VonHagel

VonHagel

PostSubject: Re: Help with urban camo, please!   Help with urban camo, please! I_icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2010 4:01 am

I noticed the flamer nozzle as well, great work kiwi.

And I really like the overall feel of your prisoner, with mask, servo skull and a melta.

looking forward to seeing it painted.
Back to top Go down
Kiwi

Kiwi

PostSubject: Re: Help with urban camo, please!   Help with urban camo, please! I_icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2010 11:59 pm

I've just finished my prisoner!
I'm really happy with him, thanks for your help guys the camo looks far better than my first attempt.
I can't seem to take any good photos of him though, maybe my hands are still shaking after the three hour stint of painting.
Back to top Go down
Lord GreyWolf

Lord GreyWolf

PostSubject: Re: Help with urban camo, please!   Help with urban camo, please! I_icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 6:12 pm

@ Kiwi: BIG thx for giving me the inspiration to attempt painting my first camo scheme....
Blood Angel Blood Angel Blood Angel Blood Angel Blood Angel

great work you've done as well. look forward to seeing the finished model....

Cheers
LGW
Back to top Go down
Kiwi

Kiwi

PostSubject: Re: Help with urban camo, please!   Help with urban camo, please! I_icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 12:10 am

Thanks for your kind words, your urban camouflage looks fantastic.
I have posted pics of the finished prisoner here the pics are on page 10 I think.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Help with urban camo, please!   Help with urban camo, please! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Help with urban camo, please!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Death Squads Game Forums :: Death Squads - Community :: Painting & Modeling-
Jump to: