Death Squads Game Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Models without armour?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Mordoten

Models without armour? Empty
PostSubject: Models without armour?   Models without armour? I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2011 5:04 am

Hi guys!

Need your opinion on 2 things:

1. How would you model a SM without armour? What models would you use (more than 1 is ok)?

2. Same question goes for an eldar guardian. I was thinking about filing down the edges on regular guardian armour and then use green stuff to smooth it out. Hopefully it would look like some kind of jump suit. How would you model a civilian Eldar?
Back to top Go down
DoomOnYou72

DoomOnYou72

PostSubject: Re: Models without armour?   Models without armour? I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2011 7:46 am

If you are using GW pieces and bits:
1. I would use Chaos Marauders or Catachans as the base model for an unarmored marine. If youre up to it I would also use green stuff to make the torso slightly different as marine physiology is not the same as a human (no rib cage as its solid, exaggerated musculature, sockets for the black carapace, etc).

2. For the Eldar look in the fantasy lines (wood or dark elf), Mordheim Amazons, or possibly use the mandrakes. There are also a few torsos in the wych box. You could also use on of the assasins if you want the body suit look.

If youre not restricting yourself to GW parts then there are plenty of options for the Eldar (warmachine/hordes and reapers line would be a good start).
Back to top Go down
http://doomiesden.blogspot.com/
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: Models without armour?   Models without armour? I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 12, 2011 8:07 am

Reaper miniatures have some heavily muscled 'heroic' armatures - which might serve - you'd need to model a head (any bare marine head would work), hands and the black carapace connections (little plugs should be easy enough) on to it - plus some bionics would be cool. They are tricky to repose but might be a good place to start.

http://www.reapermini.com/OnlineStore/sculpting/sku-down/75004
There are loads of cool models there (but check the quality first - highly variable!)

If you fill in the gaps on a guardian it will look too bulky - perhaps there might be a fantasy elf type model that you could use instead?

DoomOnYou got there first with all the best ideas!

Ta Laney Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Models without armour?   Models without armour? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Models without armour?
Page 1 of 1