Death Squads Game Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Narcissus' imperial renegades and chaos cultists

Go down 
+15
DeafNala
Stryke
dr!zzt
Colonel Prius
darcchipmunk
skavenslayer
ClausLars
sultansean
Dysturbed
Gatlag Stonetooth
Laney
Mordheimer
Arachas
Komfritten
Narcissus
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Laney

Laney

Narcissus' imperial renegades and chaos cultists - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Narcissus' imperial renegades and chaos cultists   Narcissus' imperial renegades and chaos cultists - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2011 2:46 pm

That some very greenstuff work - impressive as always. Colour shapers are superb (they vary in hardness - I use the black ones - do you have a preference Narcissus?)

This will be one of the best (if not the best) squad - so full of character.

The photos look superb as well

Enough superlatives - more I tell you!Very Happy

Laney
Back to top Go down
Narcissus

Narcissus

PostSubject: Re: Narcissus' imperial renegades and chaos cultists   Narcissus' imperial renegades and chaos cultists - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2011 4:40 pm

Thanks Laney. My color shapers are a very light grey (they say firm as the hardness on them). I would really like to get a few more shapes and different hardnesses, but they are so expensive. I would like some softer ones to better smooth surfaces and some harder ones would be better for shaping. The silicon surface is great as the putty doesn't stick.

Here is a picture of the tools I use for sculpting.

Narcissus' imperial renegades and chaos cultists - Page 4 IMG_0409

Two color shapers, my pin vice (for poking holes), some dental thing I have put on the tip of my file as it is great for poking small holes and carving little details, exacto knife for sharp edges and cutting details, and the GW sculpting tool (mostly just used to put putty in place, it sticks to it really badly).

Narcissus' imperial renegades and chaos cultists - Page 4 IMG_0411

And here is a picture of the two color shapers I use. They are size 0. Flat chisel and taper point.
Back to top Go down
http://rustandthecity.blogspot.com/
Komfritten

Komfritten

PostSubject: Re: Narcissus' imperial renegades and chaos cultists   Narcissus' imperial renegades and chaos cultists - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2011 5:06 pm

Those are cool tools! Hmmm now I know what to wish for christmas.
Back to top Go down
Narcissus

Narcissus

PostSubject: Re: Narcissus' imperial renegades and chaos cultists   Narcissus' imperial renegades and chaos cultists - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2011 2:51 pm

I finally finished my next 4 renegades. Sorry for posting so many pictures, I got a bit excited. Hahaha. These 4 were mostly painted the same as the previous four. I did use the reaper fair skin triad instead of tallarn flesh for the skin though and changed the order I did some of the washes in. I made the eye glow a little bit more pronounced on the hooded models as well.

Narcissus' imperial renegades and chaos cultists - Page 4 IMG_0421
Here are the four I painted this week.

Narcissus' imperial renegades and chaos cultists - Page 4 IMG_0413
One renegade enforcer and three militia.

Narcissus' imperial renegades and chaos cultists - Page 4 IMG_0424
Renegade enforcer with chainsword and hellgun (I know it is a plasma gun, but I added the cable... I thought it looked cooler). The gun on the chainsword is my blood recipe from before painted over a strand of hair super glued to the blade. I know it is a bit sick.

Narcissus' imperial renegades and chaos cultists - Page 4 IMG_0428
Painting the OSL on the gun and body like this was a new technique for me. This is the first time I have tried it.

Narcissus' imperial renegades and chaos cultists - Page 4 IMG_0432
My favourite. When I sculpted the head I initially thought it was awful. I added some details and added extra padding to the torso. Now he is one of my favourites. Armed with pistol, stabby weapon (what is it called?), and club.

Narcissus' imperial renegades and chaos cultists - Page 4 IMG_0437
Militia with shotgun.

Narcissus' imperial renegades and chaos cultists - Page 4 IMG_0440
Militia with pistol and close combat weapon. Might be hard to see, but the eyes ARE painted. I did them on the others as well.

Narcissus' imperial renegades and chaos cultists - Page 4 IMG_0447
The whole happy family so far. 8 down, 12 to go.

Next up, the commander, fat sergeant, militia, and servitor.

Comments and suggestions appreciated as always!

Back to top Go down
dr!zzt

dr!zzt

PostSubject: Re: Narcissus' imperial renegades and chaos cultists   Narcissus' imperial renegades and chaos cultists - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2011 3:10 pm

the guy with hellgun and chainsword... i really want to have sth long-range if i met him. rest of pack also looks great, just not so... creepy.
Back to top Go down
Stryke

Stryke

PostSubject: Re: Narcissus' imperial renegades and chaos cultists   Narcissus' imperial renegades and chaos cultists - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2011 3:15 pm

fantastic models there! realy nice conversions and lovely paint Smile i like your object source lighting XD

any chance of a wee tutorial on that?
Back to top Go down
Colonel Prius

Colonel Prius

PostSubject: Re: Narcissus' imperial renegades and chaos cultists   Narcissus' imperial renegades and chaos cultists - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2011 5:09 pm

Oh man, that blood...that is just....sick and awesome at the same time. Really digging the blue OSL as well, it works really well.
Back to top Go down
http://www.ussaeon.co.cc
Komfritten

Komfritten

PostSubject: Re: Narcissus' imperial renegades and chaos cultists   Narcissus' imperial renegades and chaos cultists - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2011 5:59 pm

I think the OSL worked out really well - its radiant!

The blood is just sick... sick i say! It turned in me, because I could just imagine where that c-sword had just been... so much hurt....

The theme i so strong - and one thing: you can NEVER post too many pictures!
Back to top Go down
Narcissus

Narcissus

PostSubject: Re: Narcissus' imperial renegades and chaos cultists   Narcissus' imperial renegades and chaos cultists - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2011 7:21 pm

Stryke-I am definitely not an expert on painting object source lighting. To paint it on this model I just painted the plasma bit on the gun. I then painted really thinned out dark blue on the areas that would receive some light. I then layered it with smaller areas of lighter paint (just mixed in white). The areas closest to the source got a bit of pure white. I then watered down some blue wash until it was almost totally transparent and gave the area a light wash to blend the colours together and add a little more faint light at the edges. Just play around with it a bit.

Prius and Komfritten-I agree that the blood is a bit sick. I have been getting a little carried away with it. Maybe less blood on the next squad. I really wanted to try out that hair technique though.

Here are some pictures of my finished servitor. I already posted them in Komfritten's servitor thread, but I decided to post them here as well for completeness.

Narcissus' imperial renegades and chaos cultists - Page 4 IMG_0450

Narcissus' imperial renegades and chaos cultists - Page 4 IMG_0457

Narcissus' imperial renegades and chaos cultists - Page 4 IMG_0458

Narcissus' imperial renegades and chaos cultists - Page 4 IMG_0459

Narcissus' imperial renegades and chaos cultists - Page 4 IMG_0462
A little close-up of the base of the servitor. I think these bases should fit well in an urban setting and add some character to the models.

Here is a little 40mm base objective marker I painted up today. It is a resin cast from Secret Weapon. It came with some pigments I ordered from them.

Narcissus' imperial renegades and chaos cultists - Page 4 IMG_0469

Narcissus' imperial renegades and chaos cultists - Page 4 IMG_0469
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Narcissus' imperial renegades and chaos cultists   Narcissus' imperial renegades and chaos cultists - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2011 8:59 pm

This is amazing! Dude... seriously... how many painting and modeling competitions have you won? Between you, DeafNala, Komfritten and Laney... by The Emperor's Uvula!

You MUST do a Tutorial on the blood-hair-crazyglue thing... Shocked
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
Narcissus

Narcissus

PostSubject: Re: Narcissus' imperial renegades and chaos cultists   Narcissus' imperial renegades and chaos cultists - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2011 9:19 pm

Thanks Mordheimer. The only competition I have won is a conversion award at a tournament.

I'll do a tutorial on the blood in the near future. I'll take pictures when I paint my next models.

I need some advice. I am planning to build a Nurgle Chaos Space Marine this weekend so I can also use these models as Chaos Cultists (will build a new set of officers for the cultists). Can anyone advise me as to what weapons I will want on my Nurgle Chaos Space Marine. I have some models to represent the early game (bolt pistol, bolter, sword, etc). What equipment should I expect to have for late game?
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Narcissus' imperial renegades and chaos cultists   Narcissus' imperial renegades and chaos cultists - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2011 9:35 pm

By The Emperor's Gall Bladder... you MUST model him with a Manreaper!!! Hahaha... I just remembered... when Dozer designed the weapon I called him kindda angry "MAN RAPER? WHAT KIND OF WEAPON IS A MAN RAPER?!?!" Since then, when I miss-understand him he says "ahemmm... man-REAPER" and I know I misread something! HA!

Anyway, excellent game weapon... for the later stages of Campaign. In game terms is it VERY powerful and fluffy. Also (and here comes the Ninja ) since you probably would do some "blood-hair-crazyglue thing", you could make a tutorial. HA! In your face!
Back to top Go down
Narcissus

Narcissus

PostSubject: Re: Narcissus' imperial renegades and chaos cultists   Narcissus' imperial renegades and chaos cultists - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2011 9:43 pm

I have a good bit for a manreaper. Will build it up this weekend.
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Narcissus' imperial renegades and chaos cultists   Narcissus' imperial renegades and chaos cultists - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2011 9:47 pm

hahah! I'm SO stupid... I read it wrong AGAIN! HA!

Can't wait to see your evil creation!
Back to top Go down
Narcissus

Narcissus

PostSubject: Re: Narcissus' imperial renegades and chaos cultists   Narcissus' imperial renegades and chaos cultists - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 4:46 pm

I modelled a Chaos Cultist Nurgle Space Marine yesterday. I just realized after taking pictures that I had forgotten to glue on his backpack. Oops. Will do that. Other than that, I then he is ready for paint. I am hoping to paint him up quickly.

Narcissus' imperial renegades and chaos cultists - Page 4 IMG_0474
Chaos Space Marine, Mark of Nurgle, Power Armour, Helm of Pestilence, Bolter, ManrEaper

Narcissus' imperial renegades and chaos cultists - Page 4 IMG_0484
Let me know what you think of the base. I am trying to improve my basing. I'm experimenting with more display style bases and bases with more different things happening on them. I know some people think models on large bases look silly. I think they look great for display and the individual model.

Narcissus' imperial renegades and chaos cultists - Page 4 IMG_0481
Scythe is from the new chaos sorcerer on manticore. Chains are from the lord in the same box. Body and shoulder pads are FW Death Guard. The rest of the bits are chaos space marine.

Comments and suggestions appreciated as always.
Back to top Go down
ClausLars

PostSubject: Re: Narcissus' imperial renegades and chaos cultists   Narcissus' imperial renegades and chaos cultists - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 4:49 pm

Sweet crap...that guy is awesome! Love the oozing pipes, it's like the decay is even seeping into the environment around him.
Back to top Go down
Narcissus

Narcissus

PostSubject: Re: Narcissus' imperial renegades and chaos cultists   Narcissus' imperial renegades and chaos cultists - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 5:16 pm

Thanks Claus. He was a pretty easy conversion-hardly any sculpting work. I added an oozing pipe on the enforcer as well. It is kind of fun to do and adds some interest to the base.

Here is another picture I wasn't able to upload earlier. I really like this head, it makes me think of predator for some reason. I kind of like his pose too. I have a thing for models with dominant static poses.

Narcissus' imperial renegades and chaos cultists - Page 4 IMG_0475
(See the previous page for more pictures of this model)

Last edited by Narcissus on Sun Nov 27, 2011 7:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ClausLars

PostSubject: Re: Narcissus' imperial renegades and chaos cultists   Narcissus' imperial renegades and chaos cultists - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 5:34 pm

I prefer a good dominant static pose like that than one with too much action. Too much action and they can look out of place if their surroundings don't support it. There's rarely a time where someone badass can't look good by moving slowly and menacingly.
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Narcissus' imperial renegades and chaos cultists   Narcissus' imperial renegades and chaos cultists - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 9:02 pm

Dude... if your large bases look silly, then I think I want to be your village idiot! SUPERB!!!

Not for this model (way too cool to mess with!), but you could make a 'detachable' base... the 'normal' base makes playing easier and this can be 'inserted' on the large one for display.
Back to top Go down
Gatlag Stonetooth

Gatlag Stonetooth

PostSubject: Re: Narcissus' imperial renegades and chaos cultists   Narcissus' imperial renegades and chaos cultists - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 3:11 pm

Looking darn sweet! Can imagine though that while playing the base is not very handy but only you only will know once he's done. So finish him quick! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Narcissus

Narcissus

PostSubject: Re: Narcissus' imperial renegades and chaos cultists   Narcissus' imperial renegades and chaos cultists - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 8:52 pm

Hmmmm. The base might not be handy during games as I definitely won't be able to fit him in my stairs and ladder rungs... With this model I wanted to push my mini-diorama skills a little bit. Who cares if he gets a little less of a cover save... He's got power armour!

As an aside, I didn't realize until I photographed it just how high the manrEaper is. It will be a pain for buildings and transportation. Fortunately I have lots of other death guard to stand in if needed.
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Narcissus' imperial renegades and chaos cultists   Narcissus' imperial renegades and chaos cultists - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2011 9:06 pm

"manrEaper" .... funny. hehehe
Back to top Go down
Narcissus

Narcissus

PostSubject: Re: Narcissus' imperial renegades and chaos cultists   Narcissus' imperial renegades and chaos cultists - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 6:54 pm

I bought a new daylight bulb for my hobby lamp. I am not sure how much better it will make the pictures, as this model is obviously not really coloured... It is nice for painting though as it is much brighter and makes everything look much crisper.

I used my airbrush to spray some very basic zenithal highlights on the nurgle space marine. I sprayed it with airbrush primer, then vallejo model air light grey then did zenithal highlights (where light would hit, sprayed a lighter color from above) with vallejo dead flesh. I am now going to paint it primarily with thin glazes to (hopefully) get a really rotten look with lots of depth. I wanted to post these pictures to quickly show the airbrushed highlights.

I also remembered to glue on the backpack before painting!

Narcissus' imperial renegades and chaos cultists - Page 4 IMG_0492

Narcissus' imperial renegades and chaos cultists - Page 4 IMG_0488

Narcissus' imperial renegades and chaos cultists - Page 4 IMG_0491
In this picture you can kind of see how when viewed from below you can only see the grey. From above you can only see the dead flesh colour. In between you get smooth, faint highlights. We'll see how it looks on the finished product.
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Narcissus' imperial renegades and chaos cultists   Narcissus' imperial renegades and chaos cultists - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 7:54 pm

What brands (links please) of paint do you use for air brushing? I'm particularly interested in the airbrush primer... but the others are important too!
Back to top Go down
Narcissus

Narcissus

PostSubject: Re: Narcissus' imperial renegades and chaos cultists   Narcissus' imperial renegades and chaos cultists - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2011 8:43 pm

I've mostly been using vallejo paints. Vallejo model air is really great for airbrushing. No thinning required. Vallejo game colour thinned with testors acrylic thinner is what I have used for lots of stuff. The Model Air is great as I don't get many clogs. The game colour seems to give me blockages a lot. I am definitely not an airbrush expert. This took me two tries. Last night I had to fully dismantle and soak my airbrush overnight as no paint was coming out :-(. The primer I use is vallejo primer. I use the white one. I may also purchase the model air grey primer as it may be a bit better for airbrushing. The vallejo primer is pretty good. It takes a few coats, but gives a smooth finish and can be done inside.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Narcissus' imperial renegades and chaos cultists   Narcissus' imperial renegades and chaos cultists - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Narcissus' imperial renegades and chaos cultists
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next