Death Squads Game Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kroot ( The Savlar Chem Dogs)

Go down 
+2
edward
cody20
6 posters
AuthorMessage
cody20

cody20

Kroot ( The Savlar Chem Dogs) Empty
PostSubject: Kroot ( The Savlar Chem Dogs)   Kroot ( The Savlar Chem Dogs) I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 13, 2010 2:00 pm

During the invasion of Orks on Pech ,the kroot population needed help. Tau and Imperial Guard come to aid. As the war pressed on, many ships came and went as so did some kroot, those kroot that were disappearing were from a Tribe called Kronax. The reason why they were disappearing was because the tribe leader told them to sneak on ships to explore the galaxy and study worlds. Although thinking this was a good idea at the time, it made the Kronax Tribe fall apart. The kroot that went on this journey became obsessed with power and riches. this happening the only way to get the treasures and power they wanted were to become Mercenaries and raiders. The leader of Kronax at the time was enraged with the behavior of the kroot and ordered them to bare the mark of the Savlar. After this they were banned from ever coming back to Pech and for that they formed there own tribes. Although they will always work together a certian group called The Savlar Chem-dogs stood out from the rest. these were the best of the best. So good that when they did a mission they didn't ask for anything in return, Just to let them take the gear that the enemy's had when they killed them. This group was formed when the best tribes warriors decided to become one, to over come everyone else.

Pech- The Kroot home world
Kronax- Free Spirits
Savlar- Means Thief in Imperial Guard slang words

I also have my models made but i want to paint them first then ill show you them and give you there background.
Back to top Go down
edward

edward

PostSubject: Re: Kroot ( The Savlar Chem Dogs)   Kroot ( The Savlar Chem Dogs) I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 13, 2010 3:48 pm

hmmm i always thought the salvar chem dogs were an imperial guard regiment but i like the originality

looking forward to the minis
Back to top Go down
cody20

cody20

PostSubject: Re: Kroot ( The Savlar Chem Dogs)   Kroot ( The Savlar Chem Dogs) I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 13, 2010 3:56 pm

edward wrote:
hmmm i always thought the salvar chem dogs were an imperial guard regiment but i like the originality

looking forward to the minis

Your right i just really like the name, i was thinking of changing it to the Savlar Raiders
Back to top Go down
edward

edward

PostSubject: Re: Kroot ( The Savlar Chem Dogs)   Kroot ( The Savlar Chem Dogs) I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 13, 2010 3:57 pm

salvar raiders sounds cool.or what about salvar cosairs?
Back to top Go down
cody20

cody20

PostSubject: Re: Kroot ( The Savlar Chem Dogs)   Kroot ( The Savlar Chem Dogs) I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 13, 2010 5:23 pm

thats the one [u]The Salver Corsairs
Back to top Go down
Da Bank

Da Bank

PostSubject: Re: Kroot ( The Savlar Chem Dogs)   Kroot ( The Savlar Chem Dogs) I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 13, 2010 8:54 pm

Cody...nice start. You are great at converting models. I can't wait to see some of the Kroot you will make.

Keep us posted on the Death Squads up in Douglasville.

Please tell everyone I say "hello"
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Kroot ( The Savlar Chem Dogs)   Kroot ( The Savlar Chem Dogs) I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 13, 2010 11:54 pm

Like the background... very cool! Although a minor detail, during the Ork invasion of Pech, only the Tau came. A historical moment, as the alliance purged the Orks and cemented the union of Kroot to the Tau Empire. Your Salver Corsairs could still make perfect sense, as the Kroot did decide to 'sneak' people out of Tau controlled space behind the Tau's back... Wink

Anyway... GREAT work! Can't wait to see your models!
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
Dysturbed

Dysturbed

PostSubject: Re: Kroot ( The Savlar Chem Dogs)   Kroot ( The Savlar Chem Dogs) I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 1:08 am

Was that in a book or was that just the codex stuff?
im working on reading the horus heresy one book at a time but i haven't explored the rest.
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Kroot ( The Savlar Chem Dogs)   Kroot ( The Savlar Chem Dogs) I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 1:55 am

It is information compiled from Tau Codex, Chapter Approved and other official sources.
Back to top Go down
Toeko

Toeko

PostSubject: Re: Kroot ( The Savlar Chem Dogs)   Kroot ( The Savlar Chem Dogs) I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 3:15 pm

Mordheimer wrote:
Like the background... very cool! Although a minor detail, during the Ork invasion of Pech, only the Tau came. A historical moment, as the alliance purged the Orks and cemented the union of Kroot to the Tau Empire. Your Salver Corsairs could still make perfect sense, as the Kroot did decide to 'sneak' people out of Tau controlled space behind the Tau's back... Wink

Anyway... GREAT work! Can't wait to see your models!

Its also hinted at, that the Kroot were sending mercenary ships around the galaxy before the Tau ever came into the picture. Especially if you Consider that the Kroot were referenced in 40k before the Tau came into the picture.
Back to top Go down
cody20

cody20

PostSubject: Re: Kroot ( The Savlar Chem Dogs)   Kroot ( The Savlar Chem Dogs) I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 05, 2010 12:41 am

I know i know its different from the real story i just wanted it to seem they went alot more places if more ships came.
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Kroot ( The Savlar Chem Dogs)   Kroot ( The Savlar Chem Dogs) I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 05, 2010 9:19 am

Well... let me give you a pre-view of the Kroot background...

Kroot Mercenaries
The Kroot are expert jungle-fighters and trackers, who can be found fighting as mercenaries across the Ultima Segmentum and beyond. While the majority of Kroot warriors fight as mercenaries in the armies of the Tau, some are sent into deep space (much to the dismay of the Tau Ethereals) to fight as mercenaries and gather new genetic material to further advance the evolutionary path of their race.

Capable close combat fighters, the Kroot will never shy away from combat. Rich merchants and individuals in the Outter Fringes of Known Space will hire and commend the Kroot for their own nefarious purposes.

Who are the Kroot?
The Kroot are a species of humanoids that evolved from avian creatures. Kroot are tall aliens (a good half-meter taller than most humans), their avian ancestry giving them a bird-like beak and long quills protruding from their heads like hair. Smaller quills, possibly the evolutionary remnants of feathers, can be found scattered over their bodies.

A unique feature of the Kroot is that they evolve by selecting traits of their defeated foes to absorb by eating them. Due to this, the many Kroot groups across the galaxy often look radically different. Kroot leaders, known as Shapers, are generally recognized as having the best ability for recognizing desirable traits in defeated foes. They direct their Kindred (Kroot clan) to what to eat to suit the task at hand. For instance, a Shaper who wants his Kroot to gain muscle mass will take on campaigns against Orks to acquire the right DNA, while extensive feeding on flying predators will allow the Kroot to grow wings. This eating of their foes ties in with the religious beliefs of the Kroot: they believe that when a warrior of any race dies, his warrior spirit should be kept, and the only way to do this is by eating his flesh. The Kroot practice this in their "burial" customs, in which the body of the deceased is consumed by the Kindred.

Their integration into the Tau Empire requires them to provide troops to the Tau military, and furthermore attempts to prohibit them from fighting alongside the armies of other races. Kroot evolution depends on their absorbing the genetic traits of other races, selectively inheriting the most desirable. Unfortunately, the Tau insistence that the Kroot fight exclusively for them would lead to a disastrous stagnation, as they have absorbed the traits of most of the creatures from within the Tau region.

In order to gather genetic material from all over the galaxy, the Kroot offer themselves as mercenaries, and sell their services to anyone willing to pay them. They travel the galaxy taking limited contracts from both major and minor races (most of which are too small to be included in the game), and are regularly employed by the Tau. While the contract with the Tau is supposed to be an exclusive one, the Kroot regularly send out their warpspheres to continue their mercenary trade amongst the wider cosmos.

The result is that each of these mercenary bands develops separately to the mainstream of Kroot society. When they periodically return to the Kroot home-world of Pech, they bring with them a wealth of new traits to be absorbed by the race at large. These itinerant bands often appear radically different from the standard Kroot, having absorbed all manner of outlandish genetic data.

Why Play Kroot Mercenaries?
Kroot Mercenaries are a good choice for those players who which to further explore the Kroot units offered in the Tau 40k Armies. They excel in Close Combat and the evolutionary characteristics give them a wide array of units and skills to choose from, which would make each Squad develop slightly different and unique.

What is the Concept Behind the Kroot Mercenaries Squad?
Our goal is to capture the aggressiveness of the Kroot as well as giving the player a sense of ‘evolution’ for his Squad. While every Squad does improve with experience, the Kroot Evolutionary Path grants access and limitations to different Skills, which in turn would yield a unique Squad.

As you can see, specific moments when the Imperial Explorators found initial sightings of Kroot were left out from GW's (as well as our) background... so you can setup your Kroot Squads at ANYTIME, even before the appearance of Tau.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kroot ( The Savlar Chem Dogs)   Kroot ( The Savlar Chem Dogs) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kroot ( The Savlar Chem Dogs)
Page 1 of 1