Death Squads Game Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A game finally! (catachans vs mordians)

Go down 
+4
Da Bank
Laney
edward
Kiwi
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
cody20

cody20

A game finally! (catachans vs mordians) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A game finally! (catachans vs mordians)   A game finally! (catachans vs mordians) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 4:33 pm

i just wanted to know how, they look great.
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: A game finally! (catachans vs mordians)   A game finally! (catachans vs mordians) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 7:18 pm

@ Cody: Well when Kiwi started (WAY back... before he was a Master!), he never based his models. I remember bugging him TONS to base his little guys... and just like with Green Stuff, Kiwi surprised us all doing a SUPERB job! His models turn out better every time... and I found very funny/ironic that his bases look so nice that you (who also can make gorgeous models!) asked him about that. Sad Kiwi... he has grown so fast!

HAHAHAH!!!

@ Kiwi: You know that I'm an immature & juvenile dork... I torture you because I am happy proud envious.
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
Kiwi

Kiwi

PostSubject: Re: A game finally! (catachans vs mordians)   A game finally! (catachans vs mordians) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 12:29 am

@ cody20 Thanks but reallt they look no where near as good as the amazing basing on your kroot.
Its very simple and I'm going to change it for my next project, but:
I glue some small pieces of bark (thanks to LGW for the idea) on the bases with PVA, then coat the bark with a thin layer of PVA to stop it falling apart (not sure if this helps much), paint the base bestial brown, undercoat the "rocks" with slightly thined chaos black, drybrush the rocks with codex grey, lightly drybrush the edges of the rocks with codex grey+white (on my officers I did this several more times adding more white), and then put PVA in large blotches before applying staic grass.

@ Mordheimer You torture me because you enjoy it. Your bugging though not always the most subtle is normally very helpful and I'm glad I caved in. TONS? I can actually only find two occasions, it sure felt like more.
Back to top Go down
edward

edward

PostSubject: Re: A game finally! (catachans vs mordians)   A game finally! (catachans vs mordians) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 12:30 am

so kiwi looking forward to our next game?

hopefully i'll win this 1
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: A game finally! (catachans vs mordians)   A game finally! (catachans vs mordians) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 7:57 am

Kiwi wrote:
@ Mordheimer You torture me because you enjoy it. .

Guilty as charged!! Hehehe... you do great work. If we only compliment you, it will go to your head. HA!
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A game finally! (catachans vs mordians)   A game finally! (catachans vs mordians) - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A game finally! (catachans vs mordians)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2