Death Squads Game Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Komfritten's Grey Knights

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Komfritten

Komfritten

Komfritten's Grey Knights Empty
PostSubject: Komfritten's Grey Knights   Komfritten's Grey Knights I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 4:29 pm

This may just be the beginning of something beautiful...

My mate is playing Chaos or Demons (or chaosdemons), and really want's someone to play with... So I asked if I bought some GK's if he wanted to play me... And he said yes! Horay!

The reason for GK's is the fact that I can have very few minitures on the table (which mean I just may be able to paint them all)

Here's what I just got in through the door:

Komfritten's Grey Knights 2011-11-02%2020.52.04

I'm happy like a little boy at xmas eve about the Dreadknight - he is so completely and utterly awsome! Don't know a thing about how he plays - but I really do not care - he's cool = he's getting on the table!
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Komfritten's Grey Knights   Komfritten's Grey Knights I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 4:59 pm

Dozer can help you with a killer list! PM him, if he doesn't see this thread! Dozer Approved!
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
Gatlag Stonetooth

Gatlag Stonetooth

PostSubject: Re: Komfritten's Grey Knights   Komfritten's Grey Knights I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2011 7:13 pm

Very cool!
The best thing I like(d) about Grey Knights were the inquisitors with their retinue, hope they still exist in the new book.
Back to top Go down
Narcissus

Narcissus

PostSubject: Re: Komfritten's Grey Knights   Komfritten's Grey Knights I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 12:56 am

It is nice that you can field what looks like a nice little all plastic army too. I am not a big fan or the grey knight asthetic, but I know what you mean about small numbers. I am working, kind of, on a death guard army for the same reason. Low model count. Nice models. Easy-ish to paint. Unfortunately it looks like competitive lists rely on lots of transports and things that up the size and cost. Maybe the new codex will give more useful elite options.

In case you haven't seen it, here is a great guide on a quick way to paint grey knights using an airbrush: Tutorial.
Back to top Go down
http://rustandthecity.blogspot.com/
Komfritten

Komfritten

PostSubject: Re: Komfritten's Grey Knights   Komfritten's Grey Knights I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 3:33 am

Oh the paint-brush... have to get one of those... I really do... this hobby is killing my wallet Wink

About the competitive part of 40k... I only play for fun, don't care much for winning actually* - only for the fun (why I love orks so much). I'm imagining 5 models walking over the table, and suddenly my other GK's beam in (scotty might be there) and wreak havoc. Gotta love that.

Oh! And my Grand Master or Libration arriving solo in a Storm Raven jumping into the fray, weapons blazing! Weeee!

*I do care for loosing though, so I opt for not creating compleetely useless lists, but as I am no strategist, I experience that it does not matter much - the good of dice is with my mostly anyway Wink
Back to top Go down
darcchipmunk

darcchipmunk

PostSubject: Re: Komfritten's Grey Knights   Komfritten's Grey Knights I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2011 9:45 pm

Oh I am definitely following this. Low model count armies rock because you can have them all painted, and painted well.

I also am a terrible strategist and can rarely win a game so I go for what models I like and the ones I painted the best.

*Always remember to make a sacrifice to the dice gods!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Komfritten's Grey Knights   Komfritten's Grey Knights I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Komfritten's Grey Knights
Page 1 of 1