Death Squads Game Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Komfrittens Grey Knights

Go down 
+8
ClausLars
dumdeedum
DeafNala
Gatlag Stonetooth
Laney
Mordheimer
Narcissus
Komfritten
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Komfritten

Komfritten

Komfrittens Grey Knights Empty
PostSubject: Komfrittens Grey Knights   Komfrittens Grey Knights I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2011 5:16 am

Ok, here's a non-ds painting thread...

Started up with a terminator, and not having painted an "all metal" mini before, I had to just trial and error. I still have to work on the "shine" effect (as there is none), and find out if I want "wear and tear".. But all pictures of GK's seems like they never ever get down and dirty... I suppose that wear and tear on my GK's would fit my playing style (as I seldom win)...

Here's a WiP of my first teminator with a helbard; it needs to be "forced up" but as always im reluctant hehe:

Komfrittens Grey Knights 2011-11-07%2010.08.32-1 Komfrittens Grey Knights 2011-11-07%2010.08.45-1 Komfrittens Grey Knights 2011-11-07%2010.08.59-1

Comments & critisism welcome - I really think I could improve on this one, but I also think (when the last deatails are done) that he is table-top ready.
Back to top Go down
Narcissus

Narcissus

PostSubject: Re: Komfrittens Grey Knights   Komfrittens Grey Knights I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2011 1:09 pm

Looks good. How did you do the armour? Is it highlighted or is that the natural highlights from the light? You could dirty up his feet a bit by doing a few light drybrushes with your basing color. I think it looks good. Pretty clean painting. And any finished model is better than bare plastic!
Back to top Go down
http://rustandthecity.blogspot.com/
Komfritten

Komfritten

PostSubject: Re: Komfrittens Grey Knights   Komfrittens Grey Knights I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2011 1:42 pm

Armour:

Boltgun metal, badab black wash.
Chainmail brush (heavy) thinned down Asurmen Blue.
Mithril silver brush (very light) and highlight.

The gold on the shoulders are just Dwarf bronze, badab black, Shining gold, and a little bit of highlight with burnished gold.
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Komfrittens Grey Knights   Komfrittens Grey Knights I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2011 2:12 pm

Komfritten... your table quality shame us all! Hehehehe... awesome work. Painting 'metal' like that is a biatch... the light does reflect on the paint, so OSL effects are even harder. You did an excellent work on it! If you want to crank up the heat (not that the model needs to be any better!) I suggest the following DETAILS. Again, your model is awesome!

1) Pole Arm Shaft: It blends with the armor, so it lowers the visual effect on the gauntlet. I would suggest another black wash. If it is darker, still looks 'metallic' but the glove/fingers pop-out.

2) Pole Arm Blade: I would suggest you try Laney's Power Sword Tutorial. Simple, but SUPER effective!

3) Pole Arm Counter-Weight (bottom): I would paint a blue 'gem' here. It will give a point for the observer and by making the gem shine (OSL), you can 'direct' the light on the model.

4) Writing: If you have parchment, writings are a MUST! Just Kidding I suggest Dozer's method... a thin architectural pen. Few scribles and then a wash with brown. Voilá! Easy-pici!

5) Cables: I don't know... a blue and a grey (same as armor) does not do it for me. Maybe if both blue, but with that 'electricity' running (see #2)

GREAT model!
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
Komfritten

Komfritten

PostSubject: Re: Komfrittens Grey Knights   Komfrittens Grey Knights I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2011 2:16 pm

Thanks for the advice! The pole has to be painted yes! I was thinking in line of devlan mud, and highlight.

I am collecting courage to do the blade Wink

The second wire / tube isn't painted yet... I thought in the line of either blue or khemri brown and highlighted bleached bone...
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: Komfrittens Grey Knights   Komfrittens Grey Knights I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2011 2:21 pm

Great start on a lovely model - I've been impressed by everything I've seen you do! I find it difficult to paint clean so I applaud all efforts in that department. Weird as it might sound the base is what really caught my eye - nice mix of colour and works very well with the Grey Knight. When is he getting his storm bolter?

You must do the force bit on the model - stretch youself into the 'zone of proximal development' - a little bit uncomfortable, but just enough so you improve.

On what Mord said - architectural pens are for winners (I use a 005 for tattoos, writings etc - just be sure to let it dry). One the power cable - how about enchanted blue base, dry brush hawk turquoise, dry brush ice blue, highlight space wolves grey and skull white (works for me!)

Makes me want to pick up my White Knights again (only did one complete).

Cheers Laney:D
Back to top Go down
Komfritten

Komfritten

PostSubject: Re: Komfrittens Grey Knights   Komfrittens Grey Knights I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2011 2:28 pm

The storm bolter: when I get magnets! YES! I finally ordered magnets - I'm so looking forward to trying that =)

Thanks for the words on the base =)

Maybe I'll try the thing with the tube (if I can find the GW supplement of your colours Wink )

I know Lev Vygotsky's work well - and use his teachings in my own work... darn you for making my obey my own words!
Back to top Go down
Komfritten

Komfritten

PostSubject: Re: Komfrittens Grey Knights   Komfrittens Grey Knights I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2011 5:35 pm

This is my first try on a force weapon.

Komfrittens Grey Knights 2011-11-07%2022.33.55-1

Need to paint the other side, but I think it's a decent try, the picture reveals a little too much though - looks better on the table.
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Komfrittens Grey Knights   Komfrittens Grey Knights I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2011 10:39 pm

Looks good. Did you tried Laney's Tutorial (LINK)? Try it for he next weapon.
Back to top Go down
Gatlag Stonetooth

Gatlag Stonetooth

PostSubject: Re: Komfrittens Grey Knights   Komfrittens Grey Knights I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2011 8:47 am

Nothing to add, just want to say he's looking darn sweet! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Komfritten

Komfritten

PostSubject: Re: Komfrittens Grey Knights   Komfrittens Grey Knights I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 3:50 pm

I just got my magnets from Supermagneten: YAY!

I got to work and made my first terminator super dynamic Wink

They will probably not all be *that* dynamic, but its great fun to do, and a good step against WYSIWYG Wink

Komfrittens Grey Knights 2011-11-10%2020.36.05-1 Komfrittens Grey Knights 2011-11-10%2020.36.56-1 Komfrittens Grey Knights 2011-11-10%2020.36.37-1

His bolter and other weapons will be magnetized too later tonight =)
Back to top Go down
Komfritten

Komfritten

PostSubject: Re: Komfrittens Grey Knights   Komfrittens Grey Knights I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2011 3:34 pm

Have been trying to paint my Dread Knight... He is a hard case! I have not painted a "big" model before, so he is a challenge... Here's a WiP front and back:

Komfrittens Grey Knights GNDN

Komfrittens Grey Knights GNDN_back

What I'm planning:

- A head for the termine Wink
- Weathering around the bolts on the plates.
- Repainting the upper back, as I put to much paint on my DRY-brush... do'h!
- All the "inner" hydraulics are getting copper-paint (as his right arm-hydraulics
- Base: He will be standing on a road, squashing a CSM.
- Highlighting on all the "black" inner-areas.

- Maybe re-do his "shield", as I find the skulls a little "cartoony" and I do not know if I find them "cool" or not Wink

Comments are very welcome.
Back to top Go down
Narcissus

Narcissus

PostSubject: Re: Komfrittens Grey Knights   Komfrittens Grey Knights I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2011 4:22 pm

I think it looks great. The new photo box makes a huge difference to the pictures. It looks really good. Some weathering will add nicely to the effect. Great work!
Back to top Go down
http://rustandthecity.blogspot.com/
DeafNala

DeafNala

PostSubject: Re: Komfrittens Grey Knights   Komfrittens Grey Knights I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2011 8:33 pm

EXCEPTIONALLY WELL DONE! If that Grey Knight commission had happened, this is where I could have come for inspiration. You have a WONDERFUL technique. Shocked
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Komfrittens Grey Knights   Komfrittens Grey Knights I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2011 9:57 am

AMAZING!!!

Honestly... I though I was looking at a 'stock' photo... kindda like "I want to paint it like this..." until Narcissus mentioned the photo-booth. Then I took a 2nd look... WOW!!!!!

Simply... amazing!
Back to top Go down
Gatlag Stonetooth

Gatlag Stonetooth

PostSubject: Re: Komfrittens Grey Knights   Komfrittens Grey Knights I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 7:53 am

Wow!! Shocked
He's freaking awesome dude! Great job!
Back to top Go down
dumdeedum

dumdeedum

PostSubject: Re: Komfrittens Grey Knights   Komfrittens Grey Knights I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2011 9:35 pm

Wow, I would never have thought that was a WIP until you said so, looks more like what my finished models dream of being than anything else.
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Komfrittens Grey Knights   Komfrittens Grey Knights I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 9:57 am

Isn't that sad dumdeedum? Komfritten's WiP are better than my DREAMS! OHHH!!! I know... hehehe... watch Komfritten's signature... hehehehe
Back to top Go down
Komfritten

Komfritten

PostSubject: Re: Komfrittens Grey Knights   Komfrittens Grey Knights I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 11:27 am

But I don't have a signature? ... Are you implying that I should have one?
Back to top Go down
ClausLars

PostSubject: Re: Komfrittens Grey Knights   Komfrittens Grey Knights I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 12:10 pm

Quote :
Komfritten
Making your modeling dreams come true, one WiP (LINK 1, LINK 2) at a time!

You don't?
Back to top Go down
Komfritten

Komfritten

PostSubject: Re: Komfrittens Grey Knights   Komfrittens Grey Knights I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 12:20 pm

Wtf?!
Back to top Go down
ClausLars

PostSubject: Re: Komfrittens Grey Knights   Komfrittens Grey Knights I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 12:56 pm

I think Mord might be misusing mod powers lol.
Back to top Go down
Komfritten

Komfritten

PostSubject: Re: Komfrittens Grey Knights   Komfrittens Grey Knights I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 12:58 pm

Oh, mord you sly bastard ;-) I were pretty confused hehe
Back to top Go down
dumdeedum

dumdeedum

PostSubject: Re: Komfrittens Grey Knights   Komfrittens Grey Knights I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 1:31 pm

Nice little bit of power abuse there, I like it...

It is so true Smile
Back to top Go down
ClausLars

PostSubject: Re: Komfrittens Grey Knights   Komfrittens Grey Knights I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2011 1:40 pm

Agreed. I'm surprised your Novac thread didn't get placed in your Sig. Wonder what Mord has against it? Lol.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Komfrittens Grey Knights   Komfrittens Grey Knights I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Komfrittens Grey Knights
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next