Death Squads Game Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted)

Go down 
+11
dr!zzt
Arachas
Kiwi
DoZer
jd3
mudboy
Gatlag Stonetooth
Mordheimer
Narcissus
Stryke
Laney
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Laney

Laney

Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted)   Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 5:48 pm

Well, I've finished the first 1500 points of the army (built). I need to complete the bases and then get to priming and basecoating after that. Here they are (plus a couple of extra assault marines)...

My own version of Mephiston (not part of the army)...

Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted) - Page 2 P1000126

Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted) - Page 2 P1000127

Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted) - Page 2 P1000128

Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted) - Page 2 P1000129

Commander Dante (HQ choice) - needs some lead in the base to stop it falling over...

Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted) - Page 2 P1000130

Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted) - Page 2 P1000131

Dante and Sanguinary Guard Retinue

Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted) - Page 2 P1000132

Assault Squad Members...

Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted) - Page 2 P1000133

Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted) - Page 2 P1000134

Some extra Assault Squad members (infernus pistol vanguards and flamers)

Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted) - Page 2 P1000135

Flamer!

Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted) - Page 2 P1000136

Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted) - Page 2 P1000137

The Whole Army

Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted) - Page 2 P1000138

Cheers Laney
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted)   Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 6:15 pm

How the WARP you managed to make the cape?!?!?! AWESOME!!! Shocked
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
Kiwi

Kiwi

PostSubject: Re: Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted)   Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 10:40 pm

Awesome posing and the cape looks amazing (a tad impractical though).
Back to top Go down
Narcissus

Narcissus

PostSubject: Re: Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted)   Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 12:54 am

I like the cape. Did you stretch and pull it on the model or let it set and then stick it on?

I am jealous that this is a feasible army with the blood angels codex. I really don't want to add vehicles to my DG. Although I do want to corrupt 1 or 2...
Back to top Go down
http://rustandthecity.blogspot.com/
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted)   Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 3:00 am

Definitely not practical!

I stuck it on and then stretched and pulled it. You then stick it on a vertical surface so that the cloak hangs downwards as it cures. It is very OTT, but that's Mephiston all over! (Plus he'll be flying most of the time anyway!).

The next army list will probably involve some mech.

Laney:D
Back to top Go down
Gatlag Stonetooth

Gatlag Stonetooth

PostSubject: Re: Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted)   Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 4:13 am

Great stuff! Love the Spawn style cape! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
mudboy

mudboy

PostSubject: Re: Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted)   Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 5:21 am

I demand a tutorial with pictures for making a cloak like that! It look's like it's made of pure awesome Shocked
Back to top Go down
Arachas

Arachas

PostSubject: Re: Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted)   Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 5:40 am

And to think this dude has TWO kids to handle, while painting! Good lord. I'm starting to think his wife is near the point of filing for a divorce, on grounds of NEGLECT!
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted)   Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 7:56 am

ARACHAS!!! hehehee... I wonder the same thing sometimes, but you need to shut up. It will suck if he suddenly remembers (inspired by your yapping!) and stops sculpting and painting. Just Kidding We NEED him...

Don't listen to Arachas, Laney... you keep up whatever voodoo you do. Wait... TUTORIAL!!!!
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted)   Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 7:15 pm

If you don't sleep it's easy!Very Happy

Completed the bases for one assault squad tonight (simple slate and sand - looks good, but pretty basic!). I've also weighted down the bases on Dante and the metal Sanguinary Priest with some old coins (they kept falling over - really irritating). One of the reasons I like plastic models is the way you can make the models seem 'impossible' or at least full of action.

I'd buy finecast for the same reason if it didn't suck (I do have some Nurgle plague marines - but bubbles on them look like they should be there).

Laney (more pics soon!)
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted)   Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 17, 2012 10:04 am

No real modelling update - but I have finished the 1500 point list I wanted (undercoating this weekend hopefully). I've also bought a dreadnought (not sure if I want a DC or furioso version - any thoughts?).

I've had some alternative list ideas that bring in some more cool Blood Angel 'toys'...

List 1: 1750 Points

HQ

Reclusiarch 130 (or Librarian with TDA and storm shield 145, dropping a power weapon off the Death Company)

Troops

Assault Squad 1: (10) Meltagun 2, Power Weapon 225

Assault Squad 2: (10) Meltagun 2, Power Weapon 225

Death Company: (10) Thunder Hammer, Power Weapon 3 275

Death Company Dreadnought 1: Blood Talons 125

Death Company Dreadnought 2: Blood Talons, Drop Pod 160

Elites

Furioso Dreadnought 1: Blood Talons, Drop Pod 160

Furioso Dreadnought 2: Blood Talons, Drop Pod 160

Sanguinary Priest: Jump Pack, Power Weapon 90

Heavy Support

Stormraven 200

This was my favourite - it seems to have plenty of fear factor built in and still a heavy descent of angels type element (plus Dreads are cool!)

Cheers Laney:D
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted)   Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2012 4:56 am

This thread isn't dead, I've just been working very slowly! The army is all undercoated and the armour on the Vanguard veterans is complete (WIP photos once my camera has recharged). I finally worked out an overall colour scheme I was happy with.

Troops (assault marines): Blood red armour and helmets (screw the codex astartes). Light grey trim and wings, green eye lenses, bone coloured parchment and blue blood drops. (I will mark their bases to indicate the squad they are in)

Veterans (vanguard): Same as above,with added silver details to indicate seniority (they are obviously veterans due to the extra toys they carry) and possibly black (or very dark blue) blood drops. Blue power weapons

Sanguinary Guard: Silver (as chrome as I can manage) armour, bone coloured wings and dark blue/black blood drops, blood red fills on the shoulder pads, green lenses, blue power weapons (all swords)

Dante: Same colour scheme as the sanguinary guard, but with bone coloured death mask to pick him out, plus he is the only one carrying an axe! Possibly red blood drops.

Sanguinary Priests: Bone coloured armour (think deathwing) and wings, silver trim and red fills on the shoulder pads, red blood drops.

No gold on any model to make them stand out from the regular angels.

Cheers Laney:D Pics soon

EDIT: WIP pics of the vanguard vets (I've also basecoated the assault squads with mechrite red)... Batch painting is less rewarding, but more efficient than my usual method.

Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted) - Page 2 P1000139

Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted) - Page 2 P1000140

Jet Glow (OSL to follow once the highlighting and extras are done)

Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted) - Page 2 P1000141

The whole squad so far...

Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted) - Page 2 P1000142

Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted) - Page 2 P1000143

I wanted to try to make the impression that these guys chose whatever weapons they favoured from the armoury, hence the mix of shield types and variety of weaponry - they should still be pretty competitive though.
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted)   Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 5:02 am

I did some more work on just one Vanguard Vet. I've applied a red/orange blend to his armour and an orange/vomit brown edge highlight. Then I've added some blazing orange/charadon granite chips onto his armour, sorted his eye lenses out and coloured the blood drops dark blue. I've weathered around the intakes on his jump pack with tamiya 'oil stain' powder.

The base isn't finished and will get a basic stone, moss and scrub basing routine (same as the heroic captain earlier in the thread).

Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted) - Page 2 P1000144

Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted) - Page 2 P1000145

Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted) - Page 2 P1000146

Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted) - Page 2 P1000147

C and C welcome. Lots still to do!

Laney:D
Back to top Go down
dr!zzt

dr!zzt

PostSubject: Re: Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted)   Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 6:39 am

this is a true eye poker, great job!
Back to top Go down
Da Bank

Da Bank

PostSubject: Re: Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted)   Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 6:41 am

Nice work!

Your corrupted could be Night Lord.
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted)   Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 7:38 am

@ Laney: Great paint job! I love the combination of colors. Really impressed with the level of detail. The chipped armor give the model a sense of SPEED! Great job. Thanks for the pics.

dr!zzt wrote:
this is a true eye poker, great job!
HEY, HEY, HEY!!! More respect... I have THE Eye Pokers. Watch out... or I send them after you!
Back to top Go down
Devo88

Devo88

PostSubject: Re: Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted)   Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2012 1:53 pm

Oh boy Blood Angels, my first love good times good times lol
Now you got me wanting to start a new Blood Angels Army! I hate you Laney Smack LOL And by the way great job!
Back to top Go down
Arachas

Arachas

PostSubject: Re: Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted)   Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 3:31 am

cherry
Back to top Go down
Komfritten

Komfritten

PostSubject: Re: Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted)   Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 4:40 am

I must say, I really find your style cool!
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted)   Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 04, 2012 4:00 pm

Thanks guys! I suppose I'd better show him finished then.

Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted) - Page 2 P1000149

Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted) - Page 2 P1000150

Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted) - Page 2 P1000151

Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted) - Page 2 P1000152

Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted) - Page 2 P1000153

My wife says he isn't bright enough and is encouraging me to paint/play eldar instead!

I've also built a couple of furioso dreadnoughts (I know one of them is death company - but they will both be getting a furioso paint job) and here are some other bits and bobs... (Including a plastic Dante)

Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted) - Page 2 P1000154

Priest, Flamer and Honour Guard

Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted) - Page 2 P1000155

Dread 1

Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted) - Page 2 P1000156

Dread 2

Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted) - Page 2 P1000157

Silver SG

Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted) - Page 2 P1000158

Assault Squad Meltas

Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted) - Page 2 P1000211

Cheers Laney:D
Back to top Go down
DoZer

DoZer

PostSubject: Re: Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted)   Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 9:06 am

Interesting choice on the frag-launcher modeled on the second dread, or is that just a counts as?. Any particular reason why? In all honesty you should consider turning the furiosos into furioso librarian. Having the ability to deep strike in on the drop pod without any chance of mishap (minus going off table of course) and slapping down Blood Lance is a SERIOUS threat. Add in the fact that you have a psychic hood on him thereby having a chance to stop any psychic powers your opponent could be casting (24" range Leadership roll off to stop). Plus you would more than likely be within easy charge range, so give him one of the nasty CC psychic powers like an extra D3 attacks, S10 CC attacks, or a higher initiative. Not to many units can handle an AV13 dread in CC. Only those with Chain Fists, Power Fists or Melta Bombs should truly concern you. Even then only Chain Fists and Melta Bombs offer any serious threat, as the power fist has to hit you on 4s, and can only glance on a 5 and pen on a 6.
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted)   Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 4:28 pm

The Frag Cannon was more a simple way of taking an unusable venerable and making a furioso without paying £28 for another kit!

I'll definitely consider a couple of librarian furiosos (great run down of the unit - I'd always shied away from it due to the cost - definitely worth a rethink, given the premium on elite choices in the army list). Maybe the next one will be a libby!

Cheers Laney
Back to top Go down
dr!zzt

dr!zzt

PostSubject: Re: Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted)   Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 05, 2012 5:44 pm

don't undeestimate tau EMP grenades! fear the migthy Fire warriors!
on k6 4/5 is a glance and 6's are penetrations, but, sincerely, i didn't use them even once in any battle and don't know anyone that did it... CC Fire Warriors... that,s not even funny anymore.
Back to top Go down
mudboy

mudboy

PostSubject: Re: Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted)   Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2012 3:19 am

Iv'e used a six man Firewarrior squad with Emp's in an Apocalypse game once. I kid you not, they took out a Landraider and Baneblade(!).
Back to top Go down
dr!zzt

dr!zzt

PostSubject: Re: Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted)   Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 06, 2012 6:56 am

ok, THAT'S funny Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted)   Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted) - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted)
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next