Death Squads Game Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted)

Go down 
+11
dr!zzt
Arachas
Kiwi
DoZer
jd3
mudboy
Gatlag Stonetooth
Mordheimer
Narcissus
Stryke
Laney
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Laney

Laney

Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted)   Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat May 26, 2012 7:50 am

Here is a new Vanguard Veteran made for the Dakka Dakka Great Marine Swap. Still WIP, but I'm quite pleased with how he's turning out...

Basic build (the guy I made this for wanted a power fist and no jump pack)

Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted) - Page 3 P1000355

Current Model...

Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted) - Page 3 P1000410

Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted) - Page 3 P1000411

Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted) - Page 3 P1000356

Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted) - Page 3 P1000357

Cheers Laney
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted)   Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat May 26, 2012 5:51 pm

Here's the finished marine swap...

Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted) - Page 3 P1000412

Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted) - Page 3 P1000413

Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted) - Page 3 P1000414

Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted) - Page 3 P1000415

Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted) - Page 3 P1000416

Cheers Laney
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted)   Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2012 5:30 am

And another for the marine swap on Dakka Dakka...

WIP Plague Angel Brother Noxus (Dornian Heresy)...

Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted) - Page 3 P1000417

Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted) - Page 3 P1000418

Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted) - Page 3 P1000419

Cheers Laney
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted)   Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2012 10:52 am

Holy Emperor's Green Stuff! We leave Laney alone for a day... and he sculpts half an army! Well, maybe not an army... but sure is VERY COOL! Love them all... and the paint job is amazing!
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted)   Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2012 6:41 pm

Thanks Mord - I was playing around with some bits and the bloke on Dakka Dakka wanted a plague angel... So here he is.

Here's some Paint in Progress... (Sorry for the rubbish background)

Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted) - Page 3 P1000420

Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted) - Page 3 P1000421

Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted) - Page 3 P1000422

Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted) - Page 3 P1000423

C+C Welcome as always - plenty more painting to go!

Laney
Back to top Go down
Narcissus

Narcissus

PostSubject: Re: Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted)   Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2012 7:13 pm

Very nice. The puke flamer is pretty great. The glowing eyes are also very nice.

Is this model gloss varnished? Is it the intended effect? Matte for most of the model and then brush on gloss on shiny bits like the spewing stuff would look really good.
Back to top Go down
http://rustandthecity.blogspot.com/
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted)   Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 1:42 am

Thanks for the feedback Narcissus.

Some of the new citadel shades come out quite glossy (and the flash really shows it up) - Athonian camoshade and Carroburg crimson. I need to try their matt medium and get some good brush-on matt varnish (I love matt models). I only have purity seal spray at the minute (and I don't trust it after the matt disasters I've had in the past).

I'll definitely leave the 'puke' and muscle areas glossy (plus some blood splatter on the sword). Gloss is definitely a selective effect.

Cheers Laney
Back to top Go down
Narcissus

Narcissus

PostSubject: Re: Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted)   Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 2:24 am

Yeah, I've had that issue with glossy washes too. It can make it hard to visualize how the final model will look. I've been using Testors Dullcote recently without any issues. I've only had a tiny bit of frosting. Very quick and easy.
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted)   Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 7:29 am

Amazing model! For this horror/beauty I suggest brushing up the Finish. I like Vallejo's line... Matt, Satin and Gloss. Brush on Matt first to dull down any sections that are too glossy. Then Satin for those sections that the glossiness is OK. Then retouch certain sections (like eyes) with Gloss where some of the Matt may have covered.

If you look carefully... you can see some corn coming out of the Noxious Sprayer (vomit gun)! Puke
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted)   Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 1:55 am

Here are a few more plague angel shots (not quite so shiny)...

Not so shiny in the non-flash pics:

Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted) - Page 3 P1000424

Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted) - Page 3 P1000425

Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted) - Page 3 P1000426

Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted) - Page 3 P1000427

The loyalist and the plague marine make quite a good duel when set up (once the plague angel is finished I'll take some pics)

Thanks for the advice guys - I'll try to source some Testors and Vallejo to finish this model off (I've got plenty of time to try them out). A mutated Dornian Heresy Raven Guard is up next (very excited about the paint job for this one!).

Laney
Back to top Go down
Gatlag Stonetooth

Gatlag Stonetooth

PostSubject: Re: Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted)   Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 5:23 am

*screw this board's crappy email notification system!*
Awesome models Laney! Hope you can tone down the gloss a bit though, think they'll look much better then. I haven't tried out the new GW washes yet, good thing I'm forewarned now!
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted)   Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 1:12 pm

Cheers Gatlag - I don't think getting rid of the gloss will be a problem (just need the right tools). The carroburg crimson works just fine, it's the new camoshade that is too glossy (at least for me). The glazes on the other hand are perfect (and the other paints I've used are much, much better - smooth red first time!).

The chaos raven guard I have built I'm looking forward to showing off (he doesn't look raven guard at the minute - but he will!).

Cheers Laney
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted)   Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 2:16 pm

I couldn't resist posting the Raven Guard (he might even make the leader of a cultist squad if I can be bothered with the other models)...

Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted) - Page 3 P1000428

Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted) - Page 3 P1000429

Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted) - Page 3 P1000430

Plus a better pic of the Plague Angel front

Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted) - Page 3 P1000432

Laney
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted)   Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 2:09 am

So painting has started onthe raven guard and the Space Hulk BA Librarian that has been hiding in my shed for a very long time!

The purple tinge is intentional and not as strong when the flash is off...

Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted) - Page 3 P1000433

Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted) - Page 3 P1000434

The libby was an experiment in using a really dark blue as a thicker wash over white undercoat (I like it) (sorry the pics are rubbish)

Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted) - Page 3 P1000435

Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted) - Page 3 P1000436

Cheers Laney
Back to top Go down
Narcissus

Narcissus

PostSubject: Re: Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted)   Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 2:32 am

Great work as always. I'm always impressed by your speed. You seem to paint small numbers at a time, but get through a lot of models. I like the ravenguard head and the dynamic pose with the possessed bits.
Back to top Go down
Gatlag Stonetooth

Gatlag Stonetooth

PostSubject: Re: Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted)   Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 3:36 am

The purple is great! Also achieved by only washes?
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted)   Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 11:18 am

Thanks guys - it means a great deal.

@Narcissus: I have a huge back catalogue of models and I'm trying to go through them at the minute (save some cash). Plus, I paint more when I'm stressed (helps me relax and think things through). I'm really enjoying painting right now (whereas I usualy prefer converting).

@Gatlag: The purple/black was easy to achieve... White undercoat, 'thick wash' with thinned down Naggaroth Night (one of the new GW dark purples), wash again, wash with Badab black (see how it looks and either add more black or purple). That's it. I used water to thin the paint on the model. This was also what I did with the librarian (the blue is from Necron Abyss).

I'm considering putting a purple glow in the recesses of his armour (particularly around the tzeentch symbol - I know slaanesh tends to be purple - but the lord of change tends to break tradition!) - what do you think?

Cheers Laney
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted)   Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2012 3:26 am

Raven Guard completed...

Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted) - Page 3 P1000437

Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted) - Page 3 P1000438

Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted) - Page 3 P1000439

Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted) - Page 3 P1000440

Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted) - Page 3 P1000441

CandC Welcome

Cheers Laney
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted)   Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2012 1:22 pm

Gentlemen... we are in the presence of GREATNESS!

Amazing model... WOW! Like the purple... LOVE the bony hands. YIKES! It is THE transformation into Chaos made flesh... err.... bone.

BRAVO! cheers
Back to top Go down
Gatlag Stonetooth

Gatlag Stonetooth

PostSubject: Re: Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted)   Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2012 2:01 pm

Laney wrote:
@Gatlag: The purple/black was easy to achieve... White undercoat, 'thick wash' with thinned down Naggaroth Night (one of the new GW dark purples), wash again, wash with Badab black (see how it looks and either add more black or purple). That's it. I used water to thin the paint on the model. This was also what I did with the librarian (the blue is from Necron Abyss).

I'm considering putting a purple glow in the recesses of his armour (particularly around the tzeentch symbol - I know slaanesh tends to be purple - but the lord of change tends to break tradition!) - what do you think?
Sounds indeed quite easy!
You're too fast man! I couldn't even reply and the model is already finished! Very Happy
Love what you've done with the symbol on the shoulderpad. The whole model is super!
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted)   Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2012 2:13 pm

You know what gets me? That for any of 'us'... this would be the CENTER PIECE of our army. For Laney, is just 'another cool guy'. AHHHH!!! I'm green with envy...

WAAAGH!!!

PS: I was looking for a picture, so I Googled "man green with envy"... this was one of the results. LINK WTF?!
Back to top Go down
mudboy

mudboy

PostSubject: Re: Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted)   Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2012 3:10 pm

Green with envy? http://chzfailnation.files.wordpress.com/2012/05/epic-fail-probably-bad-news-its-not-easy-being-green.png
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted)   Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2012 6:32 pm

Yes... hehehe... read about that. He used INDUSTRIAL paint! confused

Back on topic... Laney, how is the Librarian going?
Back to top Go down
Da Bank

Da Bank

PostSubject: Re: Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted)   Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 02, 2012 8:51 pm

From what I read, not just any paint but paint that is used for tanks and submarines. LOL. I believe he finally got it off.
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted)   Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2012 2:47 am

Cheers for all the feedback guys - I'm really pleased with the Raven Guard - so I've made some more...

The libby had to wait while I played around with these guys (I've started basecoating Inq Valeria too).

Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted) - Page 3 P1000442

Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted) - Page 3 P1000443

Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted) - Page 3 P1000444

Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted) - Page 3 P1000445

Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted) - Page 3 P1000446

Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted) - Page 3 P1000447

I've put the vanguard and plague angel (not quite finished) in duel pose

Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted) - Page 3 P1000448

The Dornian Heresy material is very inspirational - if you haven't read it you really must, it's genius.

When i get more greenstuff I plan on doing some 28mm mK16 Damocles armour for the Ultramarines, plus I've already got resin (just need the kit for the mould) and might try my hand at casting a few if it works. This is what I'm looking at... Space Marine meets Tau.

Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted) - Page 3 1317365650755
Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted) - Page 3 Ef36bba056ed7ea8cb4fb746f38ea6f7_21364

Cheers Laney
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted)   Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted) - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted)
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next