Death Squads Game Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted)

Go down 
+11
dr!zzt
Arachas
Kiwi
DoZer
jd3
mudboy
Gatlag Stonetooth
Mordheimer
Narcissus
Stryke
Laney
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Gatlag Stonetooth

Gatlag Stonetooth

Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted) - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted)   Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2012 4:37 am

Da Bank wrote:
From what I read, not just any paint but paint that is used for tanks and submarines. LOL. I believe he finally got it off.
Haha got pics of that? Think he'll look like Red Hulk now because of all the scrubbing! Just Kidding

Sweet new squad members Laney! Curious what you will come up with on the Damocles armour!
Back to top Go down
mudboy

mudboy

PostSubject: Re: Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted)   Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2012 6:34 am

Nice little squad!

Really interested in seeing how you'll be making the mk16 amours. That last pic with the tau is great! Powerfist to the face!
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted)   Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2012 7:07 pm

Mk16 Damocles Armour (Proof of Concept). I built this by carving at existing pieces and then using liquid GS to gas fill and smooth. I really need proper GS to complete a final version of this armour - but I'm quite pleased with this as a conversion (an Ultramarine I actually like!)... Mudboy inspired the pose (power fist to the face!).

The stomach armour need real GS to be done, the chest is not flat enough and the neck/helmet aren't quite right - but I think it feels okay.

Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted) - Page 4 P1000510

Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted) - Page 4 P1000511

Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted) - Page 4 P1000512

Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted) - Page 4 P1000513

Space Wolf (Khorne Berserker)

Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted) - Page 4 P1000515

Plague Angel

Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted) - Page 4 P1000514

CandC Welcome

Laney
Back to top Go down
Dysturbed

Dysturbed

PostSubject: Re: Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted)   Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 03, 2012 8:07 pm

The shoulder pad in the reference picture i found goes like this on the side

____ ____
\__________/

Instead of being strait across.

I love the snorkel intakes on that type of pack it looks awesome.

I almost think it would have been better to start from a Sergeant chest piece. As it already has the lip that comes up. But you would have had to sanded the eagle off.

I do love what you have done so far though. It's awesome.

This guy probably shares your pain. http://www.warseer.com/forums/showthread.php?263811-Dornian-Heresy-Ultramarine-Damocles-Armour

Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted)   Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 3:30 am

Cheers for the feedback Dysturbed - I'll try the terminator style shoulder pad on the next one and see if I can get some errant chest pieces from a bits site (or maybe even sculpt it myself).

The warseer guys thread is the one that inspired me to do a 28mm version of this armour (and who I copied for the backpack. Amazing work and the larger scale gives me a better idea of how I can sculpt that at this scale (as strange as that sounds). Right now my attempt is probably Mark 12, with a few more refinements to go to his the ultramarine standard and when I do - casting time! (Which is as much my nemesis as airbrushing!)

I want to make at least one as a master and one of 'pieces' I can then sculpt. For the arms and weapons I'll use regular 40k stuff (though plasma and power fists seem to be common amongst the mk16 ultras)

Cheers Laney
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted)   Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 7:11 am

Space Wolf (Khorne Berserker)... now THAT makes a ton of sense to me! Way to go Laney!!! cheers

PS: The Democles armor... WOW!
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted)   Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2012 1:11 am

Back to the original topic - here are some blood angel updates (I've got to get through the painting before november - Sedition Wars will need painting and the bowset for 40k sounds rather good too!).

Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted) - Page 4 P1000532

My Chapter Master - counts as Dante

Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted) - Page 4 P1000535

Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted) - Page 4 P1000533

1 of 5 sangunary priests/novitiates (with a veteran body guard)

Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted) - Page 4 P1000534

Laney:D
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted)   Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2012 6:31 pm

I recently read a short story on the Alpha Legion in the Primarchs Horus Heresy book. I didn't know much about them before the story and they are very cool! Here is a true scale Legionnaire that could lead a chaos cultist squad for me. I'm quite pleased with the liquid GS symbols (I hope they survive the undercoat!). The base came with an old Sanguinius model I bought 4 years ago and still haven't painted.

Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted) - Page 4 P1000536

Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted) - Page 4 P1000537

CandC welcome!

Cheers Laney
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted)   Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 19, 2012 1:25 am

More to add - I've been really busy the last month or two, but I have done a few bits and bobs (more later)...

NOT MY MINI - A Crimson Fist Sergeant that I received from Battle brother Lucifer as part of the Great Marine Swap on Dakka Dakka - I will base in the same way as my other models and he can join my sternguard and non-jump pack vanguard units.

Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted) - Page 4 P1000610

Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted) - Page 4 P1000611

A Deathwatch Marine (still WIP in the last pic - c&c welcome) that I am doing for a Deathwatch competition. I might build a squad if I have time. I washed many times with mordian blue and then badab black before final thin coat of chaos balck leaving the blue highlight intact. I then messed (and hopefully recovered) the bionic eye - the idea was a laser pointer and ended up looking like a sniper shot to the head!

Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted) - Page 4 P1000538

Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted) - Page 4 P1000539

Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted) - Page 4 P1000617

Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted) - Page 4 P1000612

Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted) - Page 4 P1000613

Reduced the garish glow!

Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted) - Page 4 P1000616

An objective and servo skulls for another marine swap... (I'll post better pics later)

Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted) - Page 4 P1000615

Cheers Laney
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted)   Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 5:22 am

Some more update pics...

Nurgle Objectives and Servo Skulls...

Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted) - Page 4 P1000622

Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted) - Page 4 P1000623

Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted) - Page 4 P1000624

Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted) - Page 4 P1000625

Deathwatch Marine Finished...

Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted) - Page 4 P1000626

Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted) - Page 4 P1000627

Inquisitor Valeria Started...

Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted) - Page 4 P1000628

Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted) - Page 4 P1000629

Playing around with greenstuff...

Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted) - Page 4 P1000630

Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted) - Page 4 P1000631

Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted) - Page 4 P1000631

Alpha Legion and Emperor's Child (Loyalists) are both still WIP (NO PICS to share till they are done)

CandC Welcome

Cheers Laney
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted)   Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 7:30 am

Laney... you are OUT OF CONTROL! I a great way... so I hope you continue to derail even more!

The Nurgle objective marker... SWEET NURGLISH PIMPLE!!! I love it! It is subtle... seems like a 'marker' until you see it... YIKES!!! It impaled a corpse! Ha! Amazing!

How are you doing the Servo Skulls? So far, so good!

The Deathwatch Marine... amazing job on that reflection. WOW! I had to remind myself that it was 'just paint'.

Valeria... gorgeous!

A scratch build model... you are passed cool. You can leave it as it is, and STILL would be the stuff of dreamers like me! AMAZING! You could use it for Sedition Wars!
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
mudboy

mudboy

PostSubject: Re: Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted)   Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 8:39 am

Wow! You are a busy little bee.

Nice work Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Gatlag Stonetooth

Gatlag Stonetooth

PostSubject: Re: Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted)   Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 7:27 am

It's obvious that I didn't receive an update notice from this thread because there's so much WOW in it that I would have drooled here earlier!
Awesome stuff Laney! I love the color of the Deathwatch Marine! Only achieved by the washes you mentioned?
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted)   Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 1:29 pm

Cheers Gents!

@Gatlag: the last layer was a thin coat of chaos black in key areas e.g. shoulder pads (to reduce the blueness - I needed to use necron abyss rather than mordian blue in stage one). The Dornian Raven Guard is a probably a better example of a wash based finish.

@Mord: Servo skulls will get a basic brass finish (maybe with a touch of verdigris) and red glowy bits to finish. The base is actually the main focus and I may adorn the walls with graffiti, moss and the like. On the scratchbuild - I'm following in Narcissus's footsteps on that one.

@Mudboy: I thought I'd been slacking!

Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted)   Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 6:50 pm

I've slowed down on the objectives and played about with a sniper and a tau battlesuit. Here is the battlesuit (I'll take pics of the sniper tomorrow)...

Still VERY WIP...

Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted) - Page 4 P1000632

Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted) - Page 4 P1000633

Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted) - Page 4 P1000634

Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted) - Page 4 P1000635

Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted) - Page 4 P1000636

C&C Welcome

Cheers Laney
Back to top Go down
Da Bank

Da Bank

PostSubject: Re: Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted)   Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2012 6:58 pm

Somehow I missed your chaos Alpha Legion. Wow, that was awesome.
Back to top Go down
mudboy

mudboy

PostSubject: Re: Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted)   Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 7:22 am

Is that a FW suit?

Look's cool!
Back to top Go down
Gatlag Stonetooth

Gatlag Stonetooth

PostSubject: Re: Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted)   Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 7:23 am

Love the colorscheme of the Battlesuit! Reminds me of Macross One! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted)   Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 30, 2012 12:55 pm

Cheers Da Bank - the Alpha Legion are very cool - He's actually meant to be a loyalist (following the Dornian Heresy timeline rather than the Horus Heresy - very cool, with mutated Raven Guard, noble World Eaters, 'perfect' Emperor's Children, plague ridden Blood Angels, Soul Bound (Blinded) Thousand Sons and separatist Ultramarines to name a few).

Mudboy - The battlesuit is very much a FW model - bought for coolnes (I have no idea if it is actually any good or not!).

Gatlag - The Macross stuff is very cool - so a comparison is pretty good - cheers (I used to play the Robotech RPG when I was at University).

Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted)   Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 7:02 pm

Here's the finished Tau Battlesuit and a IG sniper (the flash has made him look very shiny). I've really enjoyed the Tau Suit paintjob (I might need to do a couple more of these - stealth suits in a similar scheme would be ace)...

The Sniper...

Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted) - Page 4 P1000637

Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted) - Page 4 P1000638

Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted) - Page 4 P1000639

Tau Battlesuit...

Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted) - Page 4 P1000710

Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted) - Page 4 P1000711

Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted) - Page 4 P1000712

Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted) - Page 4 P1000713

Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted) - Page 4 P1000714

Cheers Laney:D
Back to top Go down
Da Bank

Da Bank

PostSubject: Re: Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted)   Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2012 10:11 pm

Both are great but I really like the sniper.
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted)   Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2012 3:46 am

Thanks Da Bank - I'm quite proud of the battlesuit, the sniper I'm pleased with, but I have too many now - so I thought I'd add another (It's been a while since I made a ghillie suit)... Still WIP

Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted) - Page 4 P1000715

Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted) - Page 4 P1000716

Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted) - Page 4 P1000717

Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted) - Page 4 P1000718

Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted) - Page 4 P1000719

Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted) - Page 4 P1000720

I'm also building a small squad of deathwatch...

Plasma Gunner

Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted) - Page 4 P1000721

Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted) - Page 4 P1000723

Heavy Bolter

Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted) - Page 4 P1000724

Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted) - Page 4 P1000725

Cheers Laney:D
Back to top Go down
Gatlag Stonetooth

Gatlag Stonetooth

PostSubject: Re: Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted)   Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted) - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2012 7:19 am

The finished battlesuit turned out really awesome! Great work!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted)   Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted) - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Blood Angel Captains (Heroic and Corrupted)
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4