Death Squads Game Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Thousand Sons, a project in the wings.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
jd3

jd3

Thousand Sons, a project in the wings. Empty
PostSubject: Thousand Sons, a project in the wings.   Thousand Sons, a project in the wings. I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2012 7:03 pm

You may be seeing a trend here... Eldar, GK, 1ksons... I like psykers. What can I say? Rolling Eyes

This is the project I am going to start concurrently alongside my Gk as I continue to get them into more and more detail.

With the upcoming chaos legions dex on the horizon I have been aquiring some Thousand sons models and adding them to my collection. My idea here is to make the army a clean looking chaos army but to have a "Retro-Heresey" feel to it. By using all the old school Rogue Trader era models I can I want to build a force that looks like it just stepped from the crusade into the eye of terror. This army will be post Ahirman's Rubric but wont have the mutated crazy randomness like Narcissus' Death Guard. God I wish I could detail and green stuff like that.... sigh. IT'S JUST NOT FAIR MORDY, HOW DOES HE DO IT?!?!

So first one must admit that there is a certain charm to the late 80s chaos line. If you don't the Horror below wants a word with you.

Thousand Sons, a project in the wings. IMAG0746

So below is a group shot of what I have together so far, I wil be stripping everything and doing a lot of the blues with the airbrush. I still need some bits to finish everything off, mainly 1st run predator and rhino bits.

So here's the group shots and I will put up some shot of the cooler models I have for this. Not all models are from the RT days, but overall I think it will still have a very retro feel and hopefully that will help with the illusion that these are wariors from the crusade, forced into War with the imperium by the desire for knowledge of what lay beyond the veil and the machinations of the lord of lies.

Thousand Sons, a project in the wings. IMAG0740

Thousand Sons, a project in the wings. IMAG0741

Thousand Sons, a project in the wings. IMAG0745

Thousand Sons, a project in the wings. IMAG0744

Thousand Sons, a project in the wings. IMAG0743

More to come.
Back to top Go down
Narcissus

Narcissus

PostSubject: Re: Thousand Sons, a project in the wings.   Thousand Sons, a project in the wings. I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2012 7:15 pm

Very nice. Should have a lot of character when it is finished.

If you find yourself needing more old horrors, I have a whole bunch (mostly still in blisters). I'm sure we could find a good trade. Just PM me if you need them at some point.
Back to top Go down
http://rustandthecity.blogspot.com/
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Thousand Sons, a project in the wings.   Thousand Sons, a project in the wings. I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2012 9:13 pm

So many cool things on the pics... OLD SCHOOL Termies and Obliriators... AWESOME!!! How you are going to paint them?

Narcissus wrote:
If you find yourself needing more old horrors, I have a whole bunch (mostly still in blisters).
Yeah... like jd3 needs more models! HA!
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
jd3

jd3

PostSubject: Re: Thousand Sons, a project in the wings.   Thousand Sons, a project in the wings. I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2012 9:51 pm

Mordheimer wrote:
So many cool things on the pics... OLD SCHOOL Termies and Obliriators... AWESOME!!! How you are going to paint them?

Narcissus wrote:
If you find yourself needing more old horrors, I have a whole bunch (mostly still in blisters).
Yeah... like jd3 needs more models! HA!

Since when (tic) has it (tic) been (tic) about (tic tic) need?

I don't need more horrors. (tic)

Ok I NEED MOAR HORROARS!!
Back to top Go down
jd3

jd3

PostSubject: Re: Thousand Sons, a project in the wings.   Thousand Sons, a project in the wings. I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 9:00 pm

Thousand Sons, a project in the wings. IMAG0822

Have to have one that stands out.

Thousand Sons, a project in the wings. IMAG0825

Thousand Sons, a project in the wings. IMAG0823

Thousand Sons, a project in the wings. IMAG0824

How does this look for a 1k sons sorceror?
Back to top Go down
lakedaimonioi

lakedaimonioi

PostSubject: Re: Thousand Sons, a project in the wings.   Thousand Sons, a project in the wings. I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 11:31 pm

The vintage of your collection offers some insight into your affinity for psykers. RT and 2e psykers were badass.

I really like Sevrin Loth as a sorcerer. Looks very consistent with the pre-heresy Ksons artwork.
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Thousand Sons, a project in the wings.   Thousand Sons, a project in the wings. I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 8:24 am

Hhehehe... the only thing I know about Psykers I learned from jd3! This memory lane tour of awesomeness if VERY interesting. Although I like the main star, I'm particularly attracted (NOT THAT WAY!!!) to the guy in the right. Looks lie his body has been deteriorated by evil! VERY COOL!
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thousand Sons, a project in the wings.   Thousand Sons, a project in the wings. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Thousand Sons, a project in the wings.
Page 1 of 1