Death Squads Game Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Ordo Malleus Inquisitor or Crusader

Go down 
+3
Devo88
mudboy
Laney
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Laney

Laney

Ordo Malleus Inquisitor or Crusader Empty
PostSubject: Ordo Malleus Inquisitor or Crusader   Ordo Malleus Inquisitor or Crusader I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2012 6:26 pm

Hi All,

I dropped off my IG Captain for the Hero Competition and picked up a Priest of Sigmar model to convert. It looked like the perfect model for a new Inquisitor to add to my collection. Now he's built I reckon he might make a good crusader, but given the cost of parts, I don't think I'll make a squad full!

Made from: New finecast priest of sigmar, Resin bits from Inquisitor Hector Rex and Some plastic bits from my box.

Ordo Malleus Inquisitor or Crusader P1000243

Ordo Malleus Inquisitor or Crusader P1000244

Ordo Malleus Inquisitor or Crusader P1000245

Ordo Malleus Inquisitor or Crusader P1000246

C and C welcome (any ideas on the colour scheme - I'll have a lot of red with the Blood Angels so maybe not that!)

Cheers Laney:D
Back to top Go down
mudboy

mudboy

PostSubject: Re: Ordo Malleus Inquisitor or Crusader   Ordo Malleus Inquisitor or Crusader I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2012 3:23 am

He's very cool. The only thing that springs to mind is the large purity seal on his chest. I think it's to big for him. I would use a smaller one.

And I would use red for the robe... Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: Ordo Malleus Inquisitor or Crusader   Ordo Malleus Inquisitor or Crusader I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2012 3:29 am

I may have to bite the bullet on the colour (It does fit Ordo Malleus rather well). Maybe a white/bleached bone robe with red and gold secondary colours might work well.

Agreed on the purity seal - I was after additional movement, but it doesn't work (besides it's running opposite to most of the other purity seals). Maybe an inquisitorial seal/badge might work better here?

Thanks for the feedback Mudboy

Laney:D
Back to top Go down
Devo88

Devo88

PostSubject: Re: Ordo Malleus Inquisitor or Crusader   Ordo Malleus Inquisitor or Crusader I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 2:39 am

I like it! Very good job!
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Ordo Malleus Inquisitor or Crusader   Ordo Malleus Inquisitor or Crusader I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 8:50 am

At first I was angry... I loved the IG Captain! Then I saw the model... I drooled! The color?

Ordo Malleus Inquisitor or Crusader Pope-benedict-is-evil
Ordo Malleus Inquisitor or Crusader Pope
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
Narcissus

Narcissus

PostSubject: Re: Ordo Malleus Inquisitor or Crusader   Ordo Malleus Inquisitor or Crusader I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 11:24 am

I love fnatasy models turned into 40k. I'll have to look at the new releases again!
Back to top Go down
http://rustandthecity.blogspot.com/
Dysturbed

Dysturbed

PostSubject: Re: Ordo Malleus Inquisitor or Crusader   Ordo Malleus Inquisitor or Crusader I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 23, 2012 5:04 pm

I disagree about the purity seal i think it does exactly what you wanted it to do which was add movement to the model. Without it will look totally different.

and i vote snow base with blood splatters in the snow.
Back to top Go down
jd3

jd3

PostSubject: Re: Ordo Malleus Inquisitor or Crusader   Ordo Malleus Inquisitor or Crusader I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 28, 2012 7:01 pm

That is a very beautiful model, a crusader with that as a mini is badass. The good thing about crusaders is that in a squad with DCA; you only need two.

I would be hard to play that as a quis just because the currnt rules dont allow for a storm shield. But thats really just from an anal-retentive WYSIWYG perspective.
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: Ordo Malleus Inquisitor or Crusader   Ordo Malleus Inquisitor or Crusader I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2012 4:41 am

I'm in two minds about purity seal now and I might go for something a bit heraldic (I quite liking blue at the minute).

I looked at the Inquisitor rules after posting and no storm shield! They pretty much have the pick of the armoury (not to mention a forgeworld model carrying one!), but can't have a storm shield - crusaders (a servant of the Inquisitor) on the other hand have these ancient relics just lying about for all of them to use. So, crusader it is - that's fine.

@JD3: Is two the optimum number? - I thought a 4:6 split in favour of the DCA would work well.

A couple of more henchmen, which (if I gain the motivation) might become a new squad - I've got five models so far. Here are two of them (the other three need rebasing)...

Sergeant: May make a captain/commander in a new squad...

Ordo Malleus Inquisitor or Crusader P1000247

Ordo Malleus Inquisitor or Crusader P1000248

Heavy Weapon Guy: Heavy Stubber/Minigun (He's too cool to be a mere recruit though)...

Ordo Malleus Inquisitor or Crusader P1000249

Ordo Malleus Inquisitor or Crusader P1000250

I wanted an industrial/spaceship basing for a change to the usual stone, moss and grass bases (lots of those in my BA)

C and C always welome

Laney
Back to top Go down
Devo88

Devo88

PostSubject: Re: Ordo Malleus Inquisitor or Crusader   Ordo Malleus Inquisitor or Crusader I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2012 5:25 pm

Yes I agree it depends on who you are playing against, 40k rules are just core rules so, if you and the person you are playing agree on the fig you are planning to field! I once had a Blood Angels Chaplin that helped my Blood Angels lay waste to many Orks in battle and they never lost to the Orks! For his victory’s his fellow brethren if the priesthood gave him the title of Bishop so I raised his stats with the agreement of my fellow players!

By the way your new figs look great!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ordo Malleus Inquisitor or Crusader   Ordo Malleus Inquisitor or Crusader I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ordo Malleus Inquisitor or Crusader
Page 1 of 1