Death Squads Game Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Army Painter Quickshade

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Devo88

Devo88

The Army Painter Quickshade  Empty
PostSubject: The Army Painter Quickshade    The Army Painter Quickshade  I_icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 2:57 am

Has anyone used The Army Painter Quickshade! I am thinking of getting some? Likes? Dislikes?
Back to top Go down
lakedaimonioi

lakedaimonioi

PostSubject: Re: The Army Painter Quickshade    The Army Painter Quickshade  I_icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 3:51 am

Yeah, I use the strong shade. It's really good for the purpose for which it was designed. Just watch out for varnish pooling as it dries (and be aware that any brush you use to stop it from pooling will be ruined, so use a brush that's past its prime anyway). If you're going to use this product you'll probably want to grab some matt spray varnish as well to use afterwards, as the Quickshade leaves a very glossy finish. Either the Army Painter Matt Varnish or Testors Dullcote are good; the results are very comparable between the two and the unit price is very similar where I am.
Back to top Go down
mudboy

mudboy

PostSubject: Re: The Army Painter Quickshade    The Army Painter Quickshade  I_icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 4:49 am

Mordheimers Deathwing termies doing the (skinny) dib: http://www.deathsquadsgame.com/t95-dark-angels-terminators-taking-a-dip
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: The Army Painter Quickshade    The Army Painter Quickshade  I_icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 7:30 am

Yes.

ALSO... My Prisoner is ALL dipped/stained. Check the thread to see the evolution of the project: http://www.deathsquadsgame.com/t2453-mordheimer-s-prisoner-log-updated-04-30-2012-done I wanted to prove that if could be used on bigger pieces.

GREAT RESULTS. You won't end up with minis that would win a Golden Demon, but they will CERTAINLY look great and turn heads at your FLGS.
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Army Painter Quickshade    The Army Painter Quickshade  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Army Painter Quickshade
Page 1 of 1