The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeSearchRegisterLog in

Narcissus' Pirate Orks

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Narcissus

Narcissus

Narcissus' Pirate Orks - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Narcissus' Pirate Orks   Narcissus' Pirate Orks - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2012 8:32 pm

Hi everyone,
I've gotten a commission to build a set of pirate ork meganobz. The client wants them built in a bit of a bio shock diving suit style. I've started on the conversions. I still am planning to add more details like hoses, more rivets, etc. I thought I would post them here to get feedback and ideas.

Narcissus' Pirate Orks - Page 4 IMG_2235
Big Daddy and a diving helmet

Narcissus' Pirate Orks - Page 4 IMG_2237
Subject delta and a huge bell helmet

Narcissus' Pirate Orks - Page 4 IMG_2241

Narcissus' Pirate Orks - Page 4 IMG_2243

Narcissus' Pirate Orks - Page 4 IMG_2249

Thoughts? Your feedback would be greatly appreciated!
Back to top Go down
http://rustandthecity.blogspot.com/
horrid

horrid

PostSubject: Re: Narcissus' Pirate Orks   Narcissus' Pirate Orks - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2012 10:03 pm

Looking good; I'm especially liking big daddy and the big bell. Of the four I'm seeing the 2nd (diving helmet) as a bit weaker than the others and initially I couldn't say why. There is a concentration of cool details face front but the sides of the helmet are bare. if you added some viewing ports or ear bobs there I think he would be on par with the rest of his mates.
Back to top Go down
Da Bank

Da Bank

PostSubject: Re: Narcissus' Pirate Orks   Narcissus' Pirate Orks - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2012 10:21 pm

Wow! these are great! Keep posting pics.
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: Narcissus' Pirate Orks   Narcissus' Pirate Orks - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2012 3:03 am

The huge bell helmet is my favourite (they all look good) - the large glass part at the front offers an interesting painting opportunity. Are they going to be wearing diving suits (with ork related stuff on them?).

Laney:D

Narcissus' Pirate Orks - Page 4 Img_6051Narcissus' Pirate Orks - Page 4 Img_7210Narcissus' Pirate Orks - Page 4 Img_7454Narcissus' Pirate Orks - Page 4 Img_7539Narcissus' Pirate Orks - Page 4 Img_7540
Back to top Go down
Narcissus

Narcissus

PostSubject: Re: Narcissus' Pirate Orks   Narcissus' Pirate Orks - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2012 4:50 am

Thanks for the feedback.

Horrid, that is really helpful. I will add some detail there. He does look a little bare next to the others.

Laney-I would like to do some sort of suit on them. I am planning to leave the arms bare to identify them as orks. They already have nice boots and pants, so I may just add some armour to those. Any other suggestions for ways to make a nice suit for them and bulk up the body?
Back to top Go down
http://rustandthecity.blogspot.com/
Matt12z

Matt12z

PostSubject: Re: Narcissus' Pirate Orks   Narcissus' Pirate Orks - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2012 6:32 am

Mate, clever work.
Back to top Go down
Gatlag Stonetooth

Gatlag Stonetooth

PostSubject: Re: Narcissus' Pirate Orks   Narcissus' Pirate Orks - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2012 8:26 am

Wow! Great tribute to one of my favorite game characters!
Always like the daddies more than the sisters! Smile
Back to top Go down
dwi

dwi

PostSubject: Re: Narcissus' Pirate Orks   Narcissus' Pirate Orks - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 6:40 am

Admrial Horatio Nelson just pooped his pants from beyond the grave...

Those my friend have to be some of the most well painted Orks I have seen in a while.
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Narcissus' Pirate Orks   Narcissus' Pirate Orks - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2013 8:10 pm

Any updates on this project? Your sculpts are beyond praise... as ALWAYS! Thumbs Up

Support Bacteria; it is the ONLY culture some people have!
Since I ask "What do you think?" to all Staff, I have included it here to save time.

DoZer Flamethrower Mordheimer Justice NEEDS to be Served! Maybe 3rd Degree burns will teach you not to Tom Sawyer me to work!
Narcissus' Pirate Orks - Page 4 ForumAdBanner
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Narcissus' Pirate Orks   Narcissus' Pirate Orks - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Narcissus' Pirate Orks
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4