Death Squads Game Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Eldar and IG models

Go down 
+7
way-of-the-warrior
edward
Laney
Da Bank
Sandormen
Mordheimer
CaptainHonkey
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
jammydodger

jammydodger

New Eldar and IG models - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Eldar and IG models   New Eldar and IG models - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 14, 2010 6:43 am

Quote :
Everybody else wants SPACE MARINES!!

Booh, hiss!

Quote :
the Adeptus Arbites, Adeptus Mechanicus, Genestealer Cult, Inquisitotial Retinue, etc

Yay, wahoo!

[rant]
The Space Marine 'concept' (such as it is) is an interesting one but in all honest they don't deserve more than one codex or a movie dedicated to them. They especially don't deserve wolves to ride on, wings or any other random junk that "seems cool". Take 'em back to the old fluff, where a single squad would be deployed alongside IG regiments and could cause serious mayhem. Grrr. Stuff like the Inquisition and Adeptus Mechanicus deserve so much more material as they are much more inventive in their background and instead they get sidelined for extra tanks... get rid of meaninglessly overpowered Space Marine codexes and start adding some background and depth to the rest of your world - non-Cadian Imperial Guard? Rules to cover the full diversity of Chaos warbands and factions? Perhaps some Black Library books which explore the fluff of different Space Marine chapters whilst still being canon?

I really cannot get passionate about tanks. I don't even hate them, I just think they aren't interesting. Why do we need Deathstrike missile launchers? There was a game for them, called Epic. Re-release that and do away with Apocalypse...
[/rant]

Anyway, more than enough said.
Back to top Go down
Arachas

Arachas

PostSubject: Re: New Eldar and IG models   New Eldar and IG models - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 14, 2010 6:54 am

Thing is, Jammer... I'm a marketeer. I have wet dreams about the amount of players that Space Marines will generate for DS. Wink
Back to top Go down
DoZer

DoZer

PostSubject: Re: New Eldar and IG models   New Eldar and IG models - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 14, 2010 11:08 pm

Arachas wrote:
lol, Laney, think about it: let's suppose we end up with 5-man Space Marine squads in DS. How many Grey Knights would that be? Two? Three? Wink

DoZer, I personally feel the IG codex is a disaster. That is, it's surely refreshing to inspire fear into the foes of the Imperium once more (Prius and I used to be the laughing stock of the group with our IG armies). The thing is that it's swung the other way: overpowering. There's really no need to field regular squads, because Veteran Squads (with THREE special weapons!) can be put into a Valkyrie and dropped anywhere on the board. Times 6, or 7, and you've got a cheesy list that will prolly only struggle against Blood Angels.

Speaking of the BA, I can't wait to build a very, very cheesy list around those baddies. I got some friends that need a pounding. Wink

And wtf is up with paying 5 bucks to PLAY a game?

I see your veteran squads, and I raise you a full army of 2+/5+ scoring termies. I routinely crushed the local IG player with his maxed Veteran squads and valkyrie's. What wins games though for IG players, is there opponents inability to adjust to new tactics. No one expects the weak T3 BS3 flashlights to appear in such a fashion and in such force. However, isolate the IG units from each other so they cannot support one another, and the whole list falls apart. I've put two squads of termies, one shooty and one cc with a mixed bag of lightning claws and TH/SH (with Belial and Int-Chappy for extra choppy), on the flank of an IG's line and rolled one entire side of the IG up.

This of course goes into a some players inability to have target priority. I've seen so many instances of a player choosing to shoot the wrong target at the wrong time.

$5 per game is pure ridiculousness, I agree. The only game store within a 40 mile radius charges that to play one game, and $10 to play all day. I've seriously thought about getting a proposal together and going to a bank and getting the collateral together to start up a store. In my area there is a very large demand for a core gaming store, one that doesn't charge ridiculous prices to play a game that they should fully support. A shame really.....

Hopefully with the release of Space Marines for DS we will see a very large jump in registered users here.

And when I think of Space Marines, I think of this.......

New Eldar and IG models - Page 2 Space_11
Back to top Go down
edward

edward

PostSubject: Re: New Eldar and IG models   New Eldar and IG models - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 15, 2010 2:29 am

sorry..pay to play a game screw that DS all the way
Back to top Go down
DeafNala

DeafNala

PostSubject: Re: New Eldar and IG models   New Eldar and IG models - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 16, 2010 10:44 am

I HATE those S.S. Wannabe Pointy Nosed Robot Guys (as Victoria Lamb refers to them). ORKS & I.G. RULE...Kroots are okay!
As far as CHEESY army lists go, it looks like it's going to get worse...MUCH WORSE. I see that Miniature Wargamers is doing an interview with Rick Priestly; he's going to elaborate on why he left G.W., which is news to moi. That leaves Phil Kelly as the Head Honcho in Games Design (Alessio Cavatore is with Mantic now). P.K. is an Arch-Rules Lawyer & the author of all those "Super Army of the Month" Codex/Army Books. Suspect
Back to top Go down
Arachas

Arachas

PostSubject: Re: New Eldar and IG models   New Eldar and IG models - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 16, 2010 11:24 am

Mwuahaha... I prefer this one:

New Eldar and IG models - Page 2 Slaanesh
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Eldar and IG models   New Eldar and IG models - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Eldar and IG models
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2