Death Squads Game Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster

Go down 
+10
Dysturbed
Da Bank
mudboy
Narcissus
ClausLars
DeafNala
Gatlag Stonetooth
Mordheimer
Laney
Lord GreyWolf
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Narcissus

Narcissus

Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster   Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 10:02 pm

Don't worry Mord, I get the feeling they will be producing new models for a little while... This successful campaign should definitely be a good starting point for some expansions and growth of the models and universe. Don't spend all your money before the other options are released!
Back to top Go down
http://rustandthecity.blogspot.com/
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster   Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 1:47 am

Agreed - I've 'stuck' at a particular pledge level for ages now. I may pitch in for some carapace, but it would take something really cool to make me part with more cash other than that. My only thought was go Biohazard x2 (if my wallet can take it) and then ebay the spare base set and goodies to recover some cash!

Akosha is ours - $650K reached (we will surpass zombicide at this rate!)

Next stretch is cool too!

So.. if Akosha is getting all amped up (like we are), what about...

Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster - Page 8 SW-KS-Stretch-700k
Morgan has decided to one up Akosha, and suit up in full Wildfire bio-hazard gear. Environmentally self contained for the most destructive of outbreaks, the suit provides enhanced protection from the strain infection. Armed with an incinerator, scanner, and advanced medpack, Morgan is ready to hunt the strain down and burn them out of Alabaster station.

If we hit this stretch, every Biohazard set gets Morgan all suited up! Ships March 2013, unpainted and unassembled!

Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster - Page 8 Morgan_V_final
Laney
Back to top Go down
Narcissus

Narcissus

PostSubject: Re: Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster   Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 2:26 am

I really like all of these new models. It will be a nice little boost to get the new models in March, 2013. Hopefully I will have the rest of the core box painted by then... Very cool additions. I want to get the terrain pack, but I will wait until I have the rest of the models painted. I am really looking forward to playing some games and checking out the finished models.

I have a male drone coming sometime in the next few weeks, so I am looking forward to slapping some paint on that too.
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster   Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 7:55 am

Progress report: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster

3,117 Backers
$665,002 pledged of $20,000 goal
33 HOURS to go

Well, what I want is the extra characters (I already pledged for the Mercs) for $40 and a Thi Suit ($15)... then additional option the Lights Out ($50).
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
mudboy

mudboy

PostSubject: Re: Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster   Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 8:32 am

Pledged! 330$

Biohazard and most of the optional stuff except for the glow-in-the-dark things.

November seems a long way Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster   Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 1:22 pm

27 hours to go $685,263! (Morgan Vade will be ours in a few hours - still time for another stretch goal or two!). Pledge raised by $15 for the THI suit!

Laney
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster   Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 10:00 pm

3,415 Backers
$739,065 pledged of $20,000 goal
19 HOURS to go

Well, the $700k ceiling was SMASHED and Morgan is ours! cheers
Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster - Page 8 Morgan_V_final

The next stretch goal is very significant...
Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster - Page 8 SW-KS-Stretch-781k

This is the amount collected by Zombicide. This would be a new record. The reward? Every Biohazzard gets...

"Close combat with the Strain is lethal, so Kara has decided to upgrade to her personal suit of Gnosis power armor. Built for extreme combat - with a self contained environmental envelope, internal medical systems, and enhanced tac-net connections - the Gnosis is the equalizer that the Vanguard will need if they're going put a stop to the Strain's malignant expansion."
Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster - Page 8 SW_Kara_Gnosis_rough_s-600px
Back to top Go down
Narcissus

Narcissus

PostSubject: Re: Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster   Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2012 10:29 pm

If only the campaign went a little longer. It is trending towards exponential growth!
Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster - Page 8 Dailychart

The new stretch goal is great. I am really liking the new models that are being added to Biohazard. The new suit for Kara would be a big value addition. Hopefully the model is great! I can't wait for the models to arrive.
Back to top Go down
mudboy

mudboy

PostSubject: Re: Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster   Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 12:57 am

Uh nice. That's one serious looking girl.
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster   Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 2:06 am

Very cool model - we should hit ths goal pretty easily - currently $762,516 (14 hours to go) - so $19K left in 14 hours.

The Gnosis Suit looks cool - but a little chunky (I'd prefer it without the sword too).

Laney
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster   Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 9:25 am

3,728 Backers
$818,522 pledged of $20,000 goal
7 HOURS to go

Holy Strain! The Zombicide record was blown... and the Gnosis Armored Kara is ours, shipping in March 2013! cheers

Now they are aiming to break the record set by Ogre (the best board-game project) at $923,681. With 7 hours to go... can they make it? Very interesting reward. Every Biohazzard gets, Barker Zosa and his loader frame! Ships March 2013, unpainted and unassembled. But not to worry, he'll be available if we don't hit it for $25.

"Bulkhead doors, airlocks, and walls can slow the progress of a tactical breach. Trained to use Exo-armor in tight conditions, Barker's Aphid industrial power-frame is perfect in the cramped conditions of Alabaster station. Customized with armor plating, industrial breaching tools and a close range kinesis shredder, Barker uses this suit to get to them before they can get to you."
Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster - Page 8 Barker_exo_2_rough
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster   Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 2:35 pm

4,036 Backers
$902,703 pledged of $20,000 goal
2 HOURS to go

Shocked Two more hours... $20k to go. It may make the goal!?! Shocked

Last edited by Mordheimer on Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster   Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 3:11 pm

Very cool finishing moments. $917,302 109 minutes left!

That Barker exo suit for free would be too cool!

Laney
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster   Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 3:32 pm

Done it! The loader is there for every Biohazard set!
Back to top Go down
Narcissus

Narcissus

PostSubject: Re: Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster   Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 3:53 pm

Shocking! I can't believe how much this made in the final few days. I really didn't think they would reach that last goal. These last 4 stretch goals have been incredible. 4 fantastic models. Too bad they don't ship till March... Great value with all of the new models added in.
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster   Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 4:10 pm

4,179 Backers
$930,947 pledged of $20,000 goal
50 Minutes to go

Shocked Amazing! Shocked

Officially, Sedition Wars is the MOST funded board game EVER in Kickstarter. WOW!
Back to top Go down
Narcissus

Narcissus

PostSubject: Re: Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster   Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 4:36 pm

Mord-you got all your hopes and dreams. They added unique characters to the biohazard level for you.
Back to top Go down
Da Bank

Da Bank

PostSubject: Re: Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster   Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 4:39 pm

I just finally joined. I put in $140.00

I plan on getting the game (0f course) the $100 option and I want get the 4 models (firefly models) and two other /$10 models. I have not decided but I am sure they will get me the option. The scenery and terrain I will buy later when it comes out.
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster   Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 9:41 pm

FINAL Report: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster

4,278 Backers
$951,254 pledged of $20,000 goal

Mike McVey wrote:
Now we're officially the #1 funded board game ever on Kickstarter - and even typing that seems unreal!

One of the things I'm most proud of in this whole process is the comments section. When you look at most projects, even successful ones - the number of comments is rarely higher than the number of backers. Usually it's far lower. On Sedition Wars, there are well over three times as many comments as backers. That means we have already build a community around this product - and that excites me more than I can tell you. It's the community that will dictate the future of the game - if you guys don't engage with what we are doing and with each other - it won't last long. It's still early days, but we're off to a flying start.

Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster - Page 8 Noevolutionlikeforcedevolution

Shocked Amazing! Shocked
Back to top Go down
Da Bank

Da Bank

PostSubject: Re: Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster   Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 10:50 pm

I am pretty impressed on how well they did. Almost a million dollars is pretty crazy. Hopefully, they will sell some games when they release to the public. LOL.

My new pad will have some room for a game room but I need to run some air condition and heat to it as it is a walk in attic room area. Really hot in summer and very cold in winter.

I really like the idea of tile fighting, or something similiar to Space Hulk. The concept of space zombie is kinda cool and unique.

I hope there are too many cool games coming out on Kickstarter as this is my third game. On another note GW has not gotten any money from me in quite some time. What does that say? GW needs to get on board and create some really cool themes or ideas to bring back some gamers to the fold.
Back to top Go down
Lord GreyWolf

Lord GreyWolf

PostSubject: Re: Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster   Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 30, 2012 11:08 pm

doesn't GW have something coming out soon I am certain there was some thing

6th edition ummm what was it oh that's right 6th Edition WH40k..... LMFAOWFOTF [Laughing My Arse Off While Falling On the Floor.]

GW don't learn at all. They just slapped more gloss pics in changed a few words, the cover art and called it a new book.

Congrats to McVey Studios and the CmON! team and all of the backers. Didn't think you'd get so high...

I couldn't get the funds in time and even if I could I think I have far to much to do with out adding in a space Zombie game. [you have no idea how much brownie points I got for "walking" away from spending money"]

On a brighter note I may have missed out on Sedition Wars but I got a game I can play against my Kids which to me is priceless. [Super Dungeon Explore]

Keep us all updated on when your new toys arrive give us an overview about your expectations and how they were rewarded and what fails happened.

Cheers
LGW
Back to top Go down
sultansean

sultansean

PostSubject: Re: Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster   Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2012 1:52 pm

Those were some awesome stretches at the end guys congrats to everyone who kickstarted. I am jealous.
Back to top Go down
Narcissus

Narcissus

PostSubject: Re: Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster   Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2012 6:43 pm

I was pretty sure you would be feeling some regret the day after. You can only do so many different things though.

I can't wait until the game ships. Well, I can be patient. But I am really excited to receive it!
Back to top Go down
ClausLars

PostSubject: Re: Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster   Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2012 7:04 pm

I would have loved to jump in on it...but the logistics of buying it discreetly, shipping it to someone else, then sneaking it into my attic to later pull out as if I'd had it all along seemed like too much trouble. Stupid wife and her logic, who cares if I don't need to spend a hundred bucks for something I may never use, look at all those...err flat grey miniatures!
Back to top Go down
Da Bank

Da Bank

PostSubject: Re: Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster   Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster - Page 8 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2012 9:03 pm

Claus....I hear you. I am in the same boat, I doubt if I will really ever get to use the miniatures but I couldn't resist.

I am hoping to get up a small game group in a few weeks. I just need to get a cheap 4 x4 or 4x 6 table so I can put up all the frakin terrain I have in rubbermaid containers.It may never be played in a game but it will look freakin cool. LOL.

When I get it set up I will take pics and post up the stuff.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster   Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster - Page 8 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster
Page 8 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next