Death Squads Game Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos!

Go down 
+20
The ISH
cody20
VonHagel
StyrofoamKing
Lord GreyWolf
dr!zzt
moggd
Kiwi
Skeller
edward
Da Eavy
mudboy
MathiasDark
way-of-the-warrior
Laney
Sandormen
DoZer
Da Bank
Dysturbed
Mordheimer
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
edward

edward

Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos! - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos!   Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos! - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSun May 30, 2010 11:47 pm

looks awesome!
Back to top Go down
Kiwi

Kiwi

PostSubject: Re: Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos!   Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos! - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeMon May 31, 2010 11:57 pm

Love the green colour scheme, very nurgle.
Back to top Go down
way-of-the-warrior

way-of-the-warrior

PostSubject: Re: Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos!   Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos! - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 10:10 am

I thought id share the fluff of my p.e please be critical as i want to make it as good as i can for my reciever (sounds bad but not ment in that context)

The Sun Jester

Many centuries ago lived a race that conquered all, the Eldar, but corruption came and wars occurred, the Eldar race had become un-pure and was split into different craftworlds but few remained pure, these men and women fled the galaxy and settled on a far of world called Drevnar, they knew that one day they would have to return to their home world and purify the rest of the Eldar race, so they built up there forces fast and furiously but they needed a leader, so they elected a harlequin Janty’prafa to lead them into victory, Janty’prafa wanted an elite group of warriors to head to the home world early, to start the purification.
So the sun warriors were created, they were the best of the best trained only to kill and to do it in style, but one man did this to extreme levels, he was a harlequin named Kika Te Laka the sun jester, stories spread that the sun jester could exterminate whole squads of terminators in under 3 minutes, the leader Janty’prafa sent this so called sun jester on a special mission to bring back Exarch triad’s head from the home worlds.
The sun jester did this task in less than 3 weeks and slaughtered a total of 3,000 men including an army of Space marines and the elite Eldar guard.
Stories of the sun jester still live and so does he, but no one knows where he is, can anyone defeat him, or can anyone tame him as a hired mercenary.
Are you up to the challenge?
Way-Of-The-Warrior
Back to top Go down
Lord GreyWolf

Lord GreyWolf

PostSubject: Re: Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos!   Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos! - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 12:40 am

here is my prisoner exchange.... finished just need to make up the sign "Prisoner Exchange 2010" and sign it....

hope they like it...

Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos! - Page 9 1005241f
Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos! - Page 9 1005235o
Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos! - Page 9 1005236e
Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos! - Page 9 1005238q

Cheers
LGW
Back to top Go down
Da Bank

Da Bank

PostSubject: Re: Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos!   Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos! - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 6:24 pm

Awesome
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos!   Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos! - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 7:31 pm

I got it! I have been trying to figure out that something that I could not pput my finger on... then I figured it out. No eyes! Just paint the red lens on the Eldar, and you are golden! On the chaos Marine, I would drybrush some boltgun metal on the leg cables.

Other than that... GREAT piece! Someone will be VERY happy!
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
Lord GreyWolf

Lord GreyWolf

PostSubject: Re: Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos!   Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos! - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 7:32 pm

Mordheimer wrote:
I got it! I have been trying to figure out that something that I could not pput my finger on... then I figured it out. No eyes! Just paint the red lens on the Eldar, and you are golden! On the chaos Marine, I would drybrush some boltgun metal on the leg cables.

Other than that... GREAT piece! Someone will be VERY happy!

ok Mord will do that right now....

post an updated pic once I got batteries for the camera...

Cheers
LGW
Back to top Go down
dr!zzt

dr!zzt

PostSubject: Re: Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos!   Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos! - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 9:23 pm

Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos! - Page 9 DSCF5553
He was the greatest hunter in the clan of hunters. He was searching the whole galaxy for worthy opponents. One day he heard about migthy beasts living inside of Pech jungles. He baceme a Kroot-breakfast only few minutes after he stand on the surface of planet. The young one, Re'tnuh, take prey's equipment in merit of finding such interesting genotype. After this incident he gain enough respect to be a part of challenges for experienced kroot warriors...

Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos! - Page 9 DSCF5550
Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos! - Page 9 DSCF5551

Model is 100% playable, maby 10% higher than normal kroot.
Back to top Go down
Da Bank

Da Bank

PostSubject: Re: Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos!   Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos! - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 9:42 pm

Holy Cow! That is awesome!
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos!   Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos! - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 9:46 pm

Sad BUUUU!!!! I want it even more!!! Sad

Fell proud of yourself... you are a GENIUS!
Back to top Go down
Kiwi

Kiwi

PostSubject: Re: Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos!   Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos! - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 12:24 am

Fantastically painted minis.
@ LGW Did you use a bit of sprue for the arch way thing on the back of the base? Whatever it is it looks good.
Back to top Go down
Lord GreyWolf

Lord GreyWolf

PostSubject: Re: Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos!   Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos! - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 12:29 am

Kiwi wrote:
Fantastically painted minis.
@ LGW Did you use a bit of sprue for the arch way thing on the back of the base? Whatever it is it looks good.

yup you got it in one. going to horde my sprues now and see what types of scenery I can make from them.

got figure out how to make a sign and add it to this mini...

Cheers
LGW

EDIT: @ MORD [look no double posting] as you mentioned ealier about painting the eyes on the Striking Scorpion Exarch, and the chaos marines pipe work on the legs well here it is.

Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos! - Page 9 1005255
Back to top Go down
way-of-the-warrior

way-of-the-warrior

PostSubject: Re: Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos!   Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos! - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 9:27 am

WOW i feel like a pea in comparison they are truely outstanding just 1 q what did you use to make a show base i think its called and how did u do it
Back to top Go down
Librarian

Librarian

PostSubject: Re: Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos!   Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos! - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 4:30 pm

After a full month of waiting the things I ordered are here!
*checks calendar* And only 2 weeks late!

11 days to go, right? Guess I'll start working ASAP!
Back to top Go down
Librarian

Librarian

PostSubject: Re: Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos!   Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos! - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 4:57 pm

Ok guys!
What color should I paint the SM scout for the Exchange?
My Blood Ravens? Ultramarines? You'll decide.

While you guys think about it, I'll make the base for him...
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos!   Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos! - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 6:10 pm

@ Librarian: Gotta be Blood Ravens if that is your army - then its something unique from you, rather than a generic smurf scout!

Look forward to seeing it

Cheers Laney
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos!   Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos! - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 6:19 pm

I vote for a Raven!

Little off topic... is this YOU, Librarian - crazy Brazilian!
Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos! - Page 9 1246
Back to top Go down
edward

edward

PostSubject: Re: Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos!   Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos! - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 6:21 pm

what about black templars?
Back to top Go down
Librarian

Librarian

PostSubject: Re: Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos!   Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos! - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 6:38 pm

@ Mord: I don't actually play the cuĂ­ca, but it's close enough!

2:1 for the ravens so far. I'll wait until tomorrow!
Back to top Go down
Da Bank

Da Bank

PostSubject: Re: Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos!   Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos! - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 7:07 pm

Talk about beating your drum!!! LOL
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos!   Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos! - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 05, 2010 10:06 am

I suck... I havbe ONLY painted the box on my Prisoner! GASP! It looks really good... but I can't seem to find time! AGGGGHHHH!!!
Back to top Go down
Librarian

Librarian

PostSubject: Re: Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos!   Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos! - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 05, 2010 10:12 am

Ok guys! Just finished "Phase I" of the prisoner: getting the body and the base going.
Now, onto "Phase II": giving him arms!

What do you guys think so far?
(oh, sorry about the quality - camera is busted AGAIN. This is from my cellphone)

Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos! - Page 9 05062010
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos!   Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos! - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 05, 2010 10:22 am

Looking great! I love the base... very urban! Looking forward to see the rest!
Back to top Go down
Librarian

Librarian

PostSubject: Re: Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos!   Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos! - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 05, 2010 3:13 pm

Ok, "Phase II" is complete, and it's not a complete disaster, as I thought it would turn out.
After seeing all of those GREAT works posted here, I feel a little ashamed for submitting this lowly scout.
On the other hand, I feel very proud of him considering he's my first "serious" conversion (opposed to a blob of GS with stuff attached to it Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos! - Page 9 859797 - which actually turned out quite good).
The arm holding the bolter seem a little wrong (a little bigger than the other, but it was the only way), but other than that it's as beautiful as it gets! I love him as only a mother can love but if the person who receives doesn't like it, just send him back and I'll send another - unconverted! Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos! - Page 9 Icon_neutral

Here's the pics. What do you guys think?

Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos! - Page 9 1 Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos! - Page 9 2
Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos! - Page 9 3 Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos! - Page 9 4
Back to top Go down
Lord GreyWolf

Lord GreyWolf

PostSubject: Re: Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos!   Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos! - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 05, 2010 4:06 pm

dude he is COOL!!!!!

like the pose, love the base, he's going to be awesome....

Cheers
LGW
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos!   Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos! - Page 9 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Prisoner Exchange - WiP Photos!
Page 9 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next