Death Squads Game Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Doomies Painting Blog (Lots of pics- Updated 02/27 with PFTPG goodness)

Go down 
+12
Dread_Kennedy
kadafwer
dwi
moggd
mudboy
Arachas
Mordheimer
Laney
Da Bank
cody20
DeafNala
DoomOnYou72
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

Doomies Painting Blog (Lots of pics- Updated 02/27 with PFTPG goodness) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Doomies Painting Blog (Lots of pics- Updated 02/27 with PFTPG goodness)   Doomies Painting Blog (Lots of pics- Updated 02/27 with PFTPG goodness) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 4:29 am

Great models! I can't do NMM if my life depended on it! Sad
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
DoomOnYou72

DoomOnYou72

Doomies Painting Blog (Lots of pics- Updated 02/27 with PFTPG goodness) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Doomies Painting Blog (Lots of pics- Updated 02/27 with PFTPG goodness)   Doomies Painting Blog (Lots of pics- Updated 02/27 with PFTPG goodness) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 8:56 pm

Update time. I got alittle free time today so I figured Id get a start on my PFTPG project. I assembled and primed my 6 man Deathwatch team. Overall Im happy for the most part.

First up in the Sgt.
Doomies Painting Blog (Lots of pics- Updated 02/27 with PFTPG goodness) - Page 2 DSC01490

The Heavy weapons
Doomies Painting Blog (Lots of pics- Updated 02/27 with PFTPG goodness) - Page 2 DSC01496

The Assault Marine
Doomies Painting Blog (Lots of pics- Updated 02/27 with PFTPG goodness) - Page 2 DSC01493

Tactical Marines
Doomies Painting Blog (Lots of pics- Updated 02/27 with PFTPG goodness) - Page 2 DSC01488

A couple of group shots wiyh a normal marine for scale
Doomies Painting Blog (Lots of pics- Updated 02/27 with PFTPG goodness) - Page 2 DSC01486

Doomies Painting Blog (Lots of pics- Updated 02/27 with PFTPG goodness) - Page 2 DSC01499

Of course I saw the mold line on the Sgt after taking pics Little Frustrated . I need to fix that before painting. I intend to add to the Killteam eventually but it will have to wait until I finish painting this batch and do the Stormraven.

Back to top Go down
http://doomiesden.blogspot.com/
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: Doomies Painting Blog (Lots of pics- Updated 02/27 with PFTPG goodness)   Doomies Painting Blog (Lots of pics- Updated 02/27 with PFTPG goodness) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 2:39 am

Superb modelling - some of the best truescaling I've ever seen. Great job! Just an awesome mix of parts, poses and sculpting skills. I'd love to see a tutorial on these guys having dabbled with truescale a little myself! Very Happy . Cool mix of chapters too.

Brilliant

Laney cheers
Back to top Go down
jammydodger

jammydodger

PostSubject: Re: Doomies Painting Blog (Lots of pics- Updated 02/27 with PFTPG goodness)   Doomies Painting Blog (Lots of pics- Updated 02/27 with PFTPG goodness) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 3:32 am

First up, I'd like to second Laney's request for a tutorial - I'm not even sure how you've made these, so some information would be great. I'm sorry to say I can't even tell where the various bits meet your own sculpting work, which reflects highly on your sculpting.

I'm really looking forward to seeing these painted as all your other work is outstanding.

In response to your previous comments: I agree with you with regards to NMM. It can look good but is angle specific. The Scroll is great, sorry it was such a pain to put in place. I guess the best outcome of the situation is that you've had a learning experience which is character building (and absolutely no consolation). On the otherhand you did produce a great miniature, so ups-and-downs. I've not used softeners for decals - are they any good?

Would love to see the Maltek Stalker whenever you get a chance. The bitz sound like a great combination of old school awesomeness. I've just managed to find 2 awesome FLGS in my area and so I'll check out the Dark Heresy stuff next time I go to town.
Back to top Go down
Arachas

Arachas

PostSubject: Re: Doomies Painting Blog (Lots of pics- Updated 02/27 with PFTPG goodness)   Doomies Painting Blog (Lots of pics- Updated 02/27 with PFTPG goodness) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 3:41 am

Doom, we are seriously kicking you off this forum if we don't get a tutorial, PRONTO! Razz

Seriously, that's amazing stuff. I want your skills!
Back to top Go down
DoomOnYou72

DoomOnYou72

PostSubject: Re: Doomies Painting Blog (Lots of pics- Updated 02/27 with PFTPG goodness)   Doomies Painting Blog (Lots of pics- Updated 02/27 with PFTPG goodness) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 6:35 pm

Thanks guys for the comments. These blokes are based on a set of an unreleased set of true scale legs and torsos so the sculpting work was minimal (only some of the limbs that were repositioned and small stuff like purity seals, pouches, etc). That was the only reason I was able to do 6 in a weekend. For the most part true scale is way slower as Laney could tell you. I do have the pieces set aside to make a true scale Chaos Killteam (most likely based on the Possessed models and Berzerkers)and I promise Ill take some pics as I go and put together a small tutorial for you when I get there. If I choose cultists for my squad then it will be sooner than later. I also got a start on the Stormraven but that will have to wait until its alittle further along.
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Doomies Painting Blog (Lots of pics- Updated 02/27 with PFTPG goodness)   Doomies Painting Blog (Lots of pics- Updated 02/27 with PFTPG goodness) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 6:45 pm

Your guys look SUPER!!! I mean... I had no ides (yes, I'm an idiot!) they were true-scale until I saw the comparison. Just like the movies special effects, NOT seeing the difference is a GREAT compliment!
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
cody20

cody20

PostSubject: Re: Doomies Painting Blog (Lots of pics- Updated 02/27 with PFTPG goodness)   Doomies Painting Blog (Lots of pics- Updated 02/27 with PFTPG goodness) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 5:01 pm

Those marines are gods. They look really great.
Back to top Go down
Gatlag Stonetooth

Gatlag Stonetooth

PostSubject: Re: Doomies Painting Blog (Lots of pics- Updated 02/27 with PFTPG goodness)   Doomies Painting Blog (Lots of pics- Updated 02/27 with PFTPG goodness) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 5:52 pm

This thread really made my day! Some awesome stuff displayed here!
Love your models and certainly the terrain! Can I ask you for the recipe for the statue (besides the verdigris) and that ruin piece? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
DoomOnYou72

DoomOnYou72

PostSubject: Re: Doomies Painting Blog (Lots of pics- Updated 02/27 with PFTPG goodness)   Doomies Painting Blog (Lots of pics- Updated 02/27 with PFTPG goodness) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 06, 2011 8:30 pm

So I didnt get as much done this weekend as I planned working towards my Feb goal but I did get started on the Stormraven (pics later). However I did get alot done hobbywise...

Doomies Painting Blog (Lots of pics- Updated 02/27 with PFTPG goodness) - Page 2 DSC01515

I made 10 2oz washes in various colors as I get tired of buying the GW ones (even at discounted prices if youre doing large pieces they can go pretty damn quick). Anyway for those interested here is the process over at Dakka Les's Wash Recipe. I suggest checking it out. I didnt use his exact color recipes but I did use the recipe for the carrier meduim. I aslo made 2 oz washes instead of 1oz. (GW's are 12ml) Works like a champ and you can mix and match your colors as desired.

And for those that know my name this isnt me just some other bloke who got stuck with that name Just Kidding
Back to top Go down
Gatlag Stonetooth

Gatlag Stonetooth

PostSubject: Re: Doomies Painting Blog (Lots of pics- Updated 02/27 with PFTPG goodness)   Doomies Painting Blog (Lots of pics- Updated 02/27 with PFTPG goodness) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 5:42 am

Those are some huge bottles!
Haha I was indeed thinking "why he's referring himself in 3rd person?" Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Patriarch_79

Patriarch_79

PostSubject: Re: Doomies Painting Blog (Lots of pics- Updated 02/27 with PFTPG goodness)   Doomies Painting Blog (Lots of pics- Updated 02/27 with PFTPG goodness) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 5:01 pm

Hey Doom, i love your mutie !!

i have a whole bunch of different Pig Iron heads like the one you used here, its nice to get some ideas of what to do with them !

where did the nice looking shotgun he has come from ?
Back to top Go down
DoomOnYou72

DoomOnYou72

PostSubject: Re: Doomies Painting Blog (Lots of pics- Updated 02/27 with PFTPG goodness)   Doomies Painting Blog (Lots of pics- Updated 02/27 with PFTPG goodness) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 6:28 pm

Hi Patriarch. Thanks. The shotgun is a conversion using the pieces from a Krootrifle and part of an old plastic Goliath shotgun from Necromunda.
Back to top Go down
DoomOnYou72

DoomOnYou72

PostSubject: Re: Doomies Painting Blog (Lots of pics- Updated 02/27 with PFTPG goodness)   Doomies Painting Blog (Lots of pics- Updated 02/27 with PFTPG goodness) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 27, 2011 5:52 pm

OK finally finished my last PFTPG entry. 2 as of yet unnamed Cultist/ Renegades because I aint decided on which one to do. In the end I will probably end up using them as multi-purpose nameless, generic heretics for either.

Doomies Painting Blog (Lots of pics- Updated 02/27 with PFTPG goodness) - Page 2 DSC01527

Doomies Painting Blog (Lots of pics- Updated 02/27 with PFTPG goodness) - Page 2 DSC01528

Doomies Painting Blog (Lots of pics- Updated 02/27 with PFTPG goodness) - Page 2 DSC01529

Pretty standard fair with Flaggelant and IG parts mixed. Spent more time on the autogun than I did putting the blokes together. Heads are Pig Iron Kolony Renegade heads. I will use the same head on the rest of them to tie them together (also lets me use my little mutie I made earlier in the warband). Ill try to start slapping paint on them later today.
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: Doomies Painting Blog (Lots of pics- Updated 02/27 with PFTPG goodness)   Doomies Painting Blog (Lots of pics- Updated 02/27 with PFTPG goodness) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 27, 2011 6:50 pm

Nice subtle use of parts - didn't realise how good those pig iron heads are - going to have to try some of those out.

Laney cheers
Back to top Go down
Patriarch_79

Patriarch_79

PostSubject: Re: Doomies Painting Blog (Lots of pics- Updated 02/27 with PFTPG goodness)   Doomies Painting Blog (Lots of pics- Updated 02/27 with PFTPG goodness) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 01, 2011 4:36 pm

The pig iron heads are well worth it, reasonably priced with a nice selection.

be aware they are a shade smaller than standard GW heads but only if you look hard.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Doomies Painting Blog (Lots of pics- Updated 02/27 with PFTPG goodness)   Doomies Painting Blog (Lots of pics- Updated 02/27 with PFTPG goodness) - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Doomies Painting Blog (Lots of pics- Updated 02/27 with PFTPG goodness)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Death Squads Game Forums :: Death Squads - Community :: Painting & Modeling-
Jump to: