Death Squads Game Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Town of Novac.

Go down 
+13
cody20
Narcissus
Lord GreyWolf
ClausLars
Colonel Prius
Laney
dumdeedum
Arachas
Gatlag Stonetooth
Chuchosky
edward
Mordheimer
Komfritten
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Narcissus

Narcissus

The Town of Novac. - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Town of Novac.   The Town of Novac. - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2011 10:44 pm

Your shanty town is coming along quickly! It looks like it will be lots of fun once completed.
Back to top Go down
http://rustandthecity.blogspot.com/
cody20

cody20

PostSubject: Re: The Town of Novac.   The Town of Novac. - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2011 11:26 pm

Make my terrain please Razz

but really, they look amazing.
Back to top Go down
Gatlag Stonetooth

Gatlag Stonetooth

PostSubject: Re: The Town of Novac.   The Town of Novac. - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2011 8:27 am

Looking darn sweet man!
Back to top Go down
Komfritten

Komfritten

PostSubject: Re: The Town of Novac.   The Town of Novac. - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2011 1:47 pm

Not being home with my beloved tools and workspace for all of christmas, I have to do something else. So I decided to learn how to use SketchUp (google), and here is a WiP of a soon to be WiP Wink

The Town of Novac. - Page 5 Fabrik1

The idea is to skip over a phase when building, when I get home - I tend to loose progress as I'm ending a piece, maybe having a plan will help me out hehe.

The building is another factory building, and I wish to have a walkway from the top level, to another building on the other side of the road. I even thought of making placeholders at all sides, to make it possible to connect the building from all angles.

To get a feel of size the two containers are "beer can size" drunken
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: The Town of Novac.   The Town of Novac. - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2011 4:22 pm

WOW! Is this... SketchUp, hard to use?

The building? I want to say bad things, bt I can't! Even the material gathering method (beer cans!) is better than mine! HAHAHA! Excellent idea for connectivity. Another great project!
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
Komfritten

Komfritten

PostSubject: Re: The Town of Novac.   The Town of Novac. - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 21, 2011 6:51 pm

Real easy to use! I really like it for what it is right now - and you can make them to scale - all is in mm right now - so its just putting in measuments and print - and i have my building diagram to build after yay =)
Back to top Go down
ClausLars

PostSubject: Re: The Town of Novac.   The Town of Novac. - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 2:54 am

Komfritten wrote:
To get a feel of size the two containers are "beer can size" drunken

Sounds like someone is enjoying their holiday vacation.
Back to top Go down
DeafNala

DeafNala

PostSubject: Re: The Town of Novac.   The Town of Novac. - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 6:30 am

Stumbling across a W.I.P. thread that's been underway for awhile has it's rewards; I get to see all the pieces unfold from beginning stages to near completion instantaneously...nothing like a little instant gratification. clown All your pieces have a few things in common: they are all HIGHLY IMAGINATIVE, INSPIRING, & VERY WELL DONE! Keep 'em coming. What a Face
Back to top Go down
Komfritten

Komfritten

PostSubject: Re: The Town of Novac.   The Town of Novac. - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 22, 2011 10:58 am

Thank you DeafNala, that means a lot - yes I like to "discover" such threads myself Very Happy

I know this is not "real" building, but I miss building right now, and I just need to share Wink

The Town of Novac. - Page 5 Fabrik1_2

The overhang walkway is to be removable, my thought is that buildings 3 stories high will have a fixed mounting spot at that exactly place - always... hope I can do it. But drawing it first helps a lot actually...

The buildings are to be ruined a lot (like the walls) but you have to build before you can ruing hehe
Back to top Go down
Komfritten

Komfritten

PostSubject: Re: The Town of Novac.   The Town of Novac. - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 26, 2011 6:04 pm

Had some trouble... Had made some bad measurements, so had to redo some buildings, but having done them before, made it fast to implement them again.

Here's what I've drawn thus far:

The Town of Novac. - Page 5 Board_1

You got me thinking when building on the Space Hulk, that I really should make Novac a full board before going on... And I think this drawing-before-bulding could help me a great deal.

I've stolen ideas and concepts from Narc and Bugbait (from terragenesis) - I'm sure they can see where Wink
Back to top Go down
Narcissus

Narcissus

PostSubject: Re: The Town of Novac.   The Town of Novac. - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 26, 2011 10:18 pm

Nice layout and design. Those storage tanks should look nice ;-). I'll be interested to see how this all fits together when finished. I've always wondered how well a fully modular board with set pieces like this would work. It might be quite nice to have bases and things that fit together quite cleanly...
Back to top Go down
Komfritten

Komfritten

PostSubject: Re: The Town of Novac.   The Town of Novac. - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 6:27 am

Job's been hard on the hobby lately, but I managed to sneak some "building" time into some cafeine breaks...

The Town of Novac. - Page 5 Fabrik3

The Town of Novac. - Page 5 Fabrik3_1

I think I will start building some of it tonight, if the wife allows it Wink hoping to get back into the loop again - building wise - it's just been too long.

I'm a little out of ideas, but I have some large cookie cans I could make some silo's from ... mayby - Ideas are welcome.
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: The Town of Novac.   The Town of Novac. - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 8:28 am

YEAH NOVAC!!!

The modules look amazing! WOW!
Back to top Go down
Komfritten

Komfritten

PostSubject: Re: The Town of Novac.   The Town of Novac. - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 8:48 am

Ok... Tried to get some building started up again - I just could not get in the mood again, and felt rather bad about it too... double up on the badness Just Kidding

The fact that I got a new high-end computer and Skyrim, Witcher 2 and SW:tor *could* have something to do with it too... I suppose...

But last night I finally unpacked my building mats, and this is what came out of that:

The Town of Novac. - Page 5 2012-01-15%2009.49.17

The Town of Novac. - Page 5 2012-01-15%2009.49.29

The Town of Novac. - Page 5 2012-01-15%2009.49.43

The poles around the silo's / tank's needs some metal mesh (simulating a fence).

The rest is just some rubble and pipeline to connect the piece.
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: The Town of Novac.   The Town of Novac. - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 11:17 am

WOW! Very impressive... especially since you are fighting against so many obstacles. Just Kidding Thanks for sharing!
Back to top Go down
DeafNala

DeafNala

PostSubject: Re: The Town of Novac.   The Town of Novac. - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2012 12:58 pm

VERY COOL...it has potential! Taking non-hobby/modeling stuff & turning into interesting pieces is what it's all about for moi; & it looks like we're kindred spirits in this...of course, you might have a firmer grip on reality. clown
Back to top Go down
Komfritten

Komfritten

PostSubject: Re: The Town of Novac.   The Town of Novac. - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2012 3:42 am

@DeafNala: That's the whole idea =) I love to look for just that crazy item that would make up a piece of terrain! The silo's are made of cookie cans wrapped in used "gift-paper" (we just had christmas right?). And the red can is tomato-puré Wink

Trying to motivate myself to build again, but it's for some reason hard. But methinks I just have to get "back in there!" =)

For now I will also try to concentrate on one project at a time Shocked , so my grey knights, the space hulk, the kroot and the rest of my IG's (and the abandoned Mordheim city) will have to wait... now Novac has to be good and done - at least so I can fill a full table.

But still - I'm looking at some LED's ... how aswome it would be to have light in those streetlamps and some warning blinks at the helipad and so forth... and magnets! Oh the magnets! I'm tumbling with some ideas of how to make pieces of walls magnetized, so you could "blow you way through" the city Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Komfritten

Komfritten

PostSubject: Re: The Town of Novac.   The Town of Novac. - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 10:01 am

Got a challenge for myself... I have to have a full board by February 24th.

This is what I've got right now:

The Town of Novac. - Page 5 2012-01-22%2014.56.21

The things in the lower right, are stuff for re-modelling.

I've got to make 3x the roads I allready have, and fill the board at least 1/3 more with terrain. Its gonna be a little hard, but I'll try, as we have a convention at that very weekend - and I just *have* to show off there...
Back to top Go down
Komfritten

Komfritten

PostSubject: Re: The Town of Novac.   The Town of Novac. - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 10:24 am

Decided to go BIG, and made this base to start the challenge with:

The Town of Novac. - Page 5 2012-01-22%2015.03.42

I will try to follow my building-plan from now on =)
Back to top Go down
Komfritten

Komfritten

PostSubject: Re: The Town of Novac.   The Town of Novac. - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 1:55 pm

Update:

The Town of Novac. - Page 5 2012-01-22%2016.58.48

The Town of Novac. - Page 5 2012-01-22%2019.12.39
Back to top Go down
Komfritten

Komfritten

PostSubject: Re: The Town of Novac.   The Town of Novac. - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 3:51 pm

Further updates:

The Town of Novac. - Page 5 2012-01-22%2020.35.20

The Town of Novac. - Page 5 2012-01-22%2020.35.33

The Town of Novac. - Page 5 2012-01-22%2020.35.58

The Town of Novac. - Page 5 2012-01-22%2020.36.14

The Town of Novac. - Page 5 2012-01-22%2020.36.30

The Town of Novac. - Page 5 2012-01-22%2020.36.58

Need to add details, and silos now - happy to be at it again.
Back to top Go down
Narcissus

Narcissus

PostSubject: Re: The Town of Novac.   The Town of Novac. - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 4:30 pm

Nice! Looks very playable. It is nice to see some playable and varied interior terrain. I really like that it is not just one collapsed sides (like Mordheim buildings). That balcony is excellent as well. I really like it.

I see your based is double thickness foamcore. Do you find it warps?
Back to top Go down
Komfritten

Komfritten

PostSubject: Re: The Town of Novac.   The Town of Novac. - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 4:35 pm

Its actually 5mm foamboard on a 3mm plywood. I find it waps a little, but its no big deal as I elevate the corners with felt-pieces.

I try to paint a "X" corm corner to corner on the underside to prevent warping with future bases - read somewhere it should help.

Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: The Town of Novac.   The Town of Novac. - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 7:54 pm

By the Emperor's Scrotum! Shocked That is SOOOOO COOL!!!!! I have so much to learn... THANKS for sharing! I will be glued to this thread!
Back to top Go down
ClausLars

PostSubject: Re: The Town of Novac.   The Town of Novac. - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2012 9:49 pm

Komfritten wrote:
Got a challenge for myself... I have to have a full board by February 24th.

This is what I've got right now:

The Town of Novac. - Page 5 2012-01-22%2014.56.21

The things in the lower right, are stuff for re-modelling.

I've got to make 3x the roads I allready have, and fill the board at least 1/3 more with terrain. Its gonna be a little hard, but I'll try, as we have a convention at that very weekend - and I just *have* to show off there...

The board looks great already. One thing you may want to consider to add some realism is a non industrial looking building to put the playground near. Something like a school, or apartment/hab building. As it is right now it is kind of out of place in what looks more like a large factory or plant than a town. Just one hab building for the workers and their family would be enough.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Town of Novac.   The Town of Novac. - Page 5 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Town of Novac.
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Death Squads Game Forums :: Death Squads - Community :: Scenery & Terrain-
Jump to: