Death Squads Game Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Narcissus' imperial renegades and chaos cultists

Go down 
+15
DeafNala
Stryke
dr!zzt
Colonel Prius
darcchipmunk
skavenslayer
ClausLars
sultansean
Dysturbed
Gatlag Stonetooth
Laney
Mordheimer
Arachas
Komfritten
Narcissus
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
skavenslayer

skavenslayer

Narcissus' imperial renegades and chaos cultists - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Narcissus' imperial renegades and chaos cultists   Narcissus' imperial renegades and chaos cultists - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 5:28 am

Arh.. I think i got it now.. Thanks Very Happy

Just to be sure.. The"new" dark elders models, is it the way the Eavy Metal team paints the Eys i helmets ??

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat440233a&prodId=prod900151a -cant find a better picutre ..

-Skavenslayer
Back to top Go down
Arachas

Arachas

PostSubject: Re: Narcissus' imperial renegades and chaos cultists   Narcissus' imperial renegades and chaos cultists - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 5:47 am

skavenslayer wrote:
Arh.. I think i got it now.. Thanks Very Happy

Just to be sure.. The"new" dark elders models, is it the way the Eavy Metal team paints the Eys i helmets ??

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat440233a&prodId=prod900151a -cant find a better picutre ..

-Skavenslayer

Exactly! Another good example.
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Narcissus' imperial renegades and chaos cultists   Narcissus' imperial renegades and chaos cultists - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 8:05 am

Arachas wrote:
He's afraid to paint the eyes. You have GOT to be kidding me!
Don't you want to take a plane and slap him? And I don't mean Arachas... although that is not a bad idea. Just Kidding
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
Narcissus

Narcissus

PostSubject: Re: Narcissus' imperial renegades and chaos cultists   Narcissus' imperial renegades and chaos cultists - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 1:10 pm

Quote :
Arachas wrote:
He's afraid to paint the eyes. You have GOT to be kidding me!

Don't you want to take a plane and slap him? And I don't mean Arachas... although that is not a bad idea.

Don't do that! I promise to paint the eyes and sacrifice more plastic to the paint god!
Back to top Go down
http://rustandthecity.blogspot.com/
Colonel Prius

Colonel Prius

PostSubject: Re: Narcissus' imperial renegades and chaos cultists   Narcissus' imperial renegades and chaos cultists - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 1:49 pm

For Osl also see this great piece. Its is a large picture so I wont post it here, don't want to derail Narcissus' great thread, but check it out:
http://www.coolminiornot.com/pics/pics11/img44c4696f94edf.jpg

Narcissus' imperial renegades and chaos cultists - Page 3 Img44c4696f94edf
Back to top Go down
http://www.ussaeon.co.cc
Narcissus

Narcissus

PostSubject: Re: Narcissus' imperial renegades and chaos cultists   Narcissus' imperial renegades and chaos cultists - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 5:36 pm

Very cool picture, Prius. I've been thinking it might be fun to try some different lighting effects with an airbrush. I like the shadows in that picture.

I primed another five models today and will get started on painting these lucky six in the next few days.

Narcissus' imperial renegades and chaos cultists - Page 3 IMG_0366

Narcissus' imperial renegades and chaos cultists - Page 3 IMG_0370
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Narcissus' imperial renegades and chaos cultists   Narcissus' imperial renegades and chaos cultists - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 5:45 pm

See what happens when you get pointed on the right direction? INCREDIBLE pictures. Now you wonder how you never figured out before... SO EASY!!!

Magnificent background... it hide/masks/minimizes shadows VERY well! Took me while to find them. Can't wait to see them painted!
Back to top Go down
Arachas

Arachas

PostSubject: Re: Narcissus' imperial renegades and chaos cultists   Narcissus' imperial renegades and chaos cultists - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 5:59 pm

Love the Necron head on that Officer. Need to get me some of those...
Back to top Go down
Narcissus

Narcissus

PostSubject: Re: Narcissus' imperial renegades and chaos cultists   Narcissus' imperial renegades and chaos cultists - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 6:10 pm

Mordheimer-it is true. These two pictures took me under 10 minutes to take, upload to my computer, edit, and upload. This was just the photobox from before with just my regular bulb lamp above it. I want to get a dayglow bulb and get some background printed nicely at a printing place and then the pictures should be much better still.

Arachas-I like the necron head too. Not sure how much I like the chest armour I ended up adding to him though...
Back to top Go down
Arachas

Arachas

PostSubject: Re: Narcissus' imperial renegades and chaos cultists   Narcissus' imperial renegades and chaos cultists - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 16, 2011 4:21 am

Narcissus wrote:
Arachas-I like the necron head too. Not sure how much I like the chest armour I ended up adding to him though...

You're right, it's not spot-on. It has too little definition. Like it's been treated with the wrong kind of paint stripper, you know what I mean? It needs some edges (the shoulderpads, too). Love the tubes sticking out, though.
Back to top Go down
Narcissus

Narcissus

PostSubject: Re: Narcissus' imperial renegades and chaos cultists   Narcissus' imperial renegades and chaos cultists - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2011 6:36 pm

Do you have a problem with pesky xenos? Need a bodyguard but worried that a human might betray you? Need some more firepower for your squad. Never fear! You can rent your very own gun servitor! Our servitors come fully equipped with a cleansing flamer and a power claw for those tedious manual jobs. Don't bring a knife to a gunfight, bring a trusty servitor bodyguard...

Last night I found a great tutorial on making servitors: link. I decided that I had to have one for my renegades, even though I am unlikely to use it in a campaign.

Narcissus' imperial renegades and chaos cultists - Page 3 IMG_0384

Narcissus' imperial renegades and chaos cultists - Page 3 IMG_0382
Putting in this plastic cable to the flamer was the slowest part.

Narcissus' imperial renegades and chaos cultists - Page 3 IMG_0383

Narcissus' imperial renegades and chaos cultists - Page 3 IMG_0373
And with trashcan man for scale.

I spent extra time building a cool base for this model. I think I have found a nice little combo that should work well in the future. Lots of little details.
Back to top Go down
Komfritten

Komfritten

PostSubject: Re: Narcissus' imperial renegades and chaos cultists   Narcissus' imperial renegades and chaos cultists - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2011 6:40 pm

Jeebus that's sweet! Just love the tubing coming from his torso! Exelent job, again - I'm just sitting at the edge of my chair, waiting to see them painted!

Horay for time difference - I'm gonna sleep through the waiting time Wink

Edit: what's that tubing from / made of ?

Edit2: For the record - your's are way more cool than those on the tutorial ... more whole ... or something...
Back to top Go down
Narcissus

Narcissus

PostSubject: Re: Narcissus' imperial renegades and chaos cultists   Narcissus' imperial renegades and chaos cultists - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2011 6:53 pm

The tubing coming down from the torso is made from dragon forge cables. They are a bit pricey, but look really good in my opinion. My only problem is trying to not use them all too quickly! I really like the scribe in the tutorial but I think that the cables help to add some body and size to the models. I am tempted to make some more and I think I could make some that are pretty crazy. Maybe if I ever make an Adeptus Mechanicus squad.

In other news, I got some bitz I ordered today so expect to see more conversions in the future. I've got the parts now for a sergeant, renegade psyker, and apostate preacher.

This squad is going to end up huge. I am thinking about converting a nice plague marine and set of heros so I can use the models as chaos cultists as well. I am also hoping that the new chaos codexes for 40k allows a nice traitor guard and plague marine mix so I can use these models as part of a little 40k army...
Back to top Go down
Arachas

Arachas

PostSubject: Re: Narcissus' imperial renegades and chaos cultists   Narcissus' imperial renegades and chaos cultists - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2011 12:09 am

I was going to ask where you got the cables, hehe. So Dragonforge. Is that also where you get your plasticard and all that jazz?
Back to top Go down
dr!zzt

dr!zzt

PostSubject: Re: Narcissus' imperial renegades and chaos cultists   Narcissus' imperial renegades and chaos cultists - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2011 1:08 am

humans are overrated, buy yourself a servitor... nice. i would probably stole some ideas for my girlfriend's SM sqad. thanks!
Back to top Go down
Narcissus

Narcissus

PostSubject: Re: Narcissus' imperial renegades and chaos cultists   Narcissus' imperial renegades and chaos cultists - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2011 2:43 am

Arachas-the plasticard tubes are from a hobby store. The plasticard tiles and things that I use are just plasticard from "For Sale" signs from the dollar store. Nice and cheap! I got the gas can for the flamer from dragon forge too.

Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: Narcissus' imperial renegades and chaos cultists   Narcissus' imperial renegades and chaos cultists - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2011 4:42 am

Ace servitor - I might have to add some of this style to my enginseers force (If I can ever find the enginseer that is). Dragonforge cables are pricey, but they beat guitar string in every respect - I ran out of the smaller cables ages ago and need to order more of that and the mid size.

I agree with Komfritten that you've improved on the original tutorial (they are very good as well) - a whole force of these with advancements as 'upgrades' would be cool - you could magnetise the weapons pretty simply - Dark Mechanicus!

Laney:D
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Narcissus' imperial renegades and chaos cultists   Narcissus' imperial renegades and chaos cultists - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2011 9:54 am

WOW! You guys put us all to shame... KEEP IT COMING!!!

Love the Servitor! When you have it painted, make cool pics like the ones above. Wow... you became a regular super photographer overnight... like DeafNala! I mean... you are a natural now. Hell, I bet if I DARE you to take a bad picture, you won't be able to do that! Just Kidding

@ Komfritten: You should make a cool 'advertisement' poster with the finished model. Large size and 'little' for pasting on terrain. HA!
Back to top Go down
Narcissus

Narcissus

PostSubject: Re: Narcissus' imperial renegades and chaos cultists   Narcissus' imperial renegades and chaos cultists - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2011 2:55 pm

Laney-the cables are great. I am carefully trying to not use them too quickly! I find the smallest size is perfect for humans, the middle for orks and space marines, and the largest for big guys.

Mord-thanks. I agree that the pics are looking better. These were done in only a few minutes as well with one regular lamp.

Komfritten-if you have the skills, an advertisement poster would be so cool. I was thinking I would like one, but don't have the skills to make one just now.

Another thing I thought would be really cool is if someone on here made a few wanted poster templates. Then people could download them, open it in paint or preview or word, and paste a picture of their squad leader into the poster and maybe add their name. Then we could all print them out and have cool little wanted posters with ours and other peoples' squad leaders and infamous heroes.

A few seconds looking, and I found this online. I will post it in another thread.
Back to top Go down
Narcissus

Narcissus

PostSubject: Re: Narcissus' imperial renegades and chaos cultists   Narcissus' imperial renegades and chaos cultists - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2011 4:36 pm

Hobby ADD strikes again! Rather than painting the models I am working on, I spent the last two hobby sessions working on a sergeant conversion. I have been anticipating converting this model for DS since I first saw it on the GW website.

This conversion is still a WIP. I need to sculpt his left arm. I may add some other details as well. Any feedback on things you think I should consider adding would be greatly appreciated. It is a bit late to add armour to his torso or another shoulder pad. Any ideas for extra things to add would be appreciated.

Here is his eventual loadout (I would take the mutation on recruitment to ensure he got it!):

Renegade sergeant
Unnatural Enhancement mutation
Chainsword
Autopistol/hellpistol
Subcutaneous fat (flak jacket!)
Helmet
Club or sword

Narcissus' imperial renegades and chaos cultists - Page 3 IMG_0386
The base model is the new plastic nurgle lord.

Narcissus' imperial renegades and chaos cultists - Page 3 IMG_0387
The left arm is a CSM chainsword on the end of a paperclip. I still need to sculpt the rest of the arm. The right arm is a CSM bolt pistol plus lots of greenstuff. I am quite pleased with how the mask turned out.

Narcissus' imperial renegades and chaos cultists - Page 3 IMG_0395
Here is a shot for scale, to show just how huge he actually is.
Back to top Go down
Gatlag Stonetooth

Gatlag Stonetooth

PostSubject: Re: Narcissus' imperial renegades and chaos cultists   Narcissus' imperial renegades and chaos cultists - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2011 5:46 pm

Sweeet!!!
That's one huge nasty mofo you've got there! cheers
Back to top Go down
Komfritten

Komfritten

PostSubject: Re: Narcissus' imperial renegades and chaos cultists   Narcissus' imperial renegades and chaos cultists - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2011 7:37 pm

Thats just wrong... plain wrong!

I admire your sculpting, I really do - makes me want to learn. Do you have some special tools or just pondering along?
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Narcissus' imperial renegades and chaos cultists   Narcissus' imperial renegades and chaos cultists - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2011 9:40 pm

Unholy Baby Horus! I want one of those!!!! SWEET!!!

More angles PLEASE!!! This is AWESOME! You need a background story for him too! See what I'm doing? First I got you to paint models. Then to take crappy pics. Then better pics... NOW? Write stories! MUAHAHAHA!!!! Twisted Evil I'm as tempting as Nurgle... ohh, wait... that is bad!

Anyhow... THANKS for sharing your wonderful art... WOW!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Narcissus

Narcissus

PostSubject: Re: Narcissus' imperial renegades and chaos cultists   Narcissus' imperial renegades and chaos cultists - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2011 9:53 pm

Gatlag-that definitely was the plan!

Komfritten-I do have some special sculpting tools. I have two tools called colour shapers that make sculpting smooth surfaces a lot easier. They are basically silicone tools that are great because the putty does not stick to them. I'll take some pictures with my next updates and add them here. I'm also planning to do a little run down of my sculpting tools and and things on my blog sometime in the near future.

Mordheimer-He definitely does need a bit of a background story. I was thinking about calling him Henry IX (the ninth). The reborn Henry the 8th. The unnatural enhancement mutation is a bit like steroids via the dark gods. Hmmm. I will think of something. I'll come up with a little background to reveal when the painted pictures are up too. I think it is pretty safe to say that this warband is favoured by Nurgle.

I really want to paint this model up right away! I am going to finish some of my other renegades first, then paint this guy and a servitor.
Back to top Go down
Arachas

Arachas

PostSubject: Re: Narcissus' imperial renegades and chaos cultists   Narcissus' imperial renegades and chaos cultists - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2011 5:22 am

Narcissus wrote:
Unnatural Enhancement mutation

NO SH*T, SHERLOCK!

And I got me some color shapers, too. I intend to use them to truescale Space marines for when we finally get that squad done. So I have about a decade to learn how to sculpt. Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Narcissus' imperial renegades and chaos cultists   Narcissus' imperial renegades and chaos cultists - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Narcissus' imperial renegades and chaos cultists
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next