Death Squads Game Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Komfrittens Grey Knights

Go down 
+8
ClausLars
dumdeedum
DeafNala
Gatlag Stonetooth
Laney
Mordheimer
Narcissus
Komfritten
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

Komfrittens Grey Knights - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Komfrittens Grey Knights   Komfrittens Grey Knights - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 8:50 am

This thread is WAY too cool for my pathetic heart! WOW! Even the freaking background (the Landraider!) is an eye catcher!

You are asking ME if the green on the Nemesis Weapons looks good? My answer.. my OFFICIAL and FINAL answer... Can I be your friend? THIS IS THE COOLEST! Talk about WYSIWYG!!! No complaints from opponents (and if they have any, let me know and I go there and kick their arses!) to figure out force vs nemesis weapons. AMAZING!!

You airbrushed the weapon ON the models?!?!?! Shocked HOW?!?! Again... you are a Master.
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
Gatlag Stonetooth

Gatlag Stonetooth

PostSubject: Re: Komfrittens Grey Knights   Komfrittens Grey Knights - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue May 22, 2012 9:30 am

Awesome termies! And like Mord said: those Nemesis weapons are da shit! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Komfritten

Komfritten

PostSubject: Re: Komfrittens Grey Knights   Komfrittens Grey Knights - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2012 2:41 pm

Ok to elaborate on the time it takes me to get from Aa to Be:

It took me aprox 70 minutes to lay 3 coats on these minis. A "rust" a "gunmetal" and a "aluminium" coat. It's rough work, but it gets the minis painted and on the table:

Komfrittens Grey Knights - Page 3 20120524_203448-1
Back to top Go down
Narcissus

Narcissus

PostSubject: Re: Komfrittens Grey Knights   Komfrittens Grey Knights - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2012 2:55 pm

Are you airbrushing the bases? From the pictures at the top of this page it looks like not. If you spray with Vallejo Model Air Dark Earth you could basecoat the bases and add a little dust on the feet and lower legs at the same time. I've been doing this and have been very pleased with the final results.
Back to top Go down
http://rustandthecity.blogspot.com/
Komfritten

Komfritten

PostSubject: Re: Komfrittens Grey Knights   Komfrittens Grey Knights - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2012 3:08 pm

That's a really good idea! And with minimum masking it would be without risk too =)
Back to top Go down
Narcissus

Narcissus

PostSubject: Re: Komfrittens Grey Knights   Komfrittens Grey Knights - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2012 3:29 pm

I don't even mask. Just do it carefully and it will be fine. Most of the dirt will be around the feet and ankles. It saves a lot of time. I find basecoating bases by hand with the models attached takes a long time.

Dark Earth is a good colour but a slightly darker brown might be better for the basecoat of the base. My prisoner uses VMA Dark Earth on the base and base of the diorama if you want to see the effect.
Back to top Go down
Komfritten

Komfritten

PostSubject: Re: Komfrittens Grey Knights   Komfrittens Grey Knights - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2012 1:19 pm

A snapshot of my progress

Komfrittens Grey Knights - Page 3 Wideshot
Back to top Go down
Gatlag Stonetooth

Gatlag Stonetooth

PostSubject: Re: Komfrittens Grey Knights   Komfrittens Grey Knights - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2012 2:46 pm

Darn sweet man!
Keep up the goods! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
mudboy

mudboy

PostSubject: Re: Komfrittens Grey Knights   Komfrittens Grey Knights - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2012 3:54 pm

Great work!

And the powerweapons look ace Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Narcissus

Narcissus

PostSubject: Re: Komfrittens Grey Knights   Komfrittens Grey Knights - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2012 4:48 pm

The powerweapons look great. They really make the whole model pop. Are you going to add object source lighting effects?
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Komfrittens Grey Knights   Komfrittens Grey Knights - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2012 10:12 pm

Emperor Damn It! It is AMAZING!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: Komfrittens Grey Knights   Komfrittens Grey Knights - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 2:04 am

These are superb (I must break out my spray gun again! - If I'm not buying too much GW stuff I'll be able to afford it!)

Laney
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Komfrittens Grey Knights   Komfrittens Grey Knights - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Komfrittens Grey Knights
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3