Death Squads Game Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

8k of GK (or how I learned to love the paint.)

Go down 
+6
Arachas
Da Bank
DoZer
Laney
Mordheimer
jd3
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
jd3

jd3

8k of GK (or how I learned to love the paint.) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 8k of GK (or how I learned to love the paint.)   8k of GK (or how I learned to love the paint.) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 8:23 pm

I would be interested in decals like that. I have most of a etched brass Inqusition set. If you look on a few of the tanks you will see some of them. My four Justicar's Heraldry has a sword, a book, a sword through a book, and a sigil of Malcador with a skull; respectivley. I have the icons to make each of the Razorbacks match the squads. I will see how that looks before I go any further with symbols & decals. I want the symbols there but not over done.

Is it terrible that I have considered adding green stuff flames to the ends of the all putity seals and litinies in the GK? I just have no idea how any of those survie the first few seconds of shooting.Suspect

Wow an old school Rhino! What I wouldn't give to have like 4-6 more of those. When the Legion's book comes out I want all old school rhino types to make either a 1000 sons, or a Black Legion list, or both, or whatever is cool in the dex, or...... eF it how the hell am I going to to put together a eldar corsair army if I try a chos list too.

I probably need an intervention.

Last edited by jd3 on Sun Feb 19, 2012 8:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: 8k of GK (or how I learned to love the paint.)   8k of GK (or how I learned to love the paint.) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2012 8:29 pm

I will be pending... if I see 'em I shot you an email. Wink

OHHH MAN! I just got Tom Sawyered into MORE work for you guys! It will never end... HA!
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
jd3

jd3

PostSubject: Re: 8k of GK (or how I learned to love the paint.)   8k of GK (or how I learned to love the paint.) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 12:42 am

So I only got 5 marines with white on them before I got distracted and picked up a dreadnought.

Here are the marines around the d-nought. Not finished yet but very close.

Note to self: next time paint the Draigo head before you mount it in the Dred.

8k of GK (or how I learned to love the paint.) - Page 3 IMAG0520

And here is the Dreadnought after some touch ups.

8k of GK (or how I learned to love the paint.) - Page 3 IMAG0522
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: 8k of GK (or how I learned to love the paint.)   8k of GK (or how I learned to love the paint.) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 5:50 am

VERY nice! Lettering on the Purity Seals? Dozer taught me to "use an architect's pen"... he had a name for it, but the parts in quotes filled my brain for that day.
Back to top Go down
DoZer

DoZer

PostSubject: Re: 8k of GK (or how I learned to love the paint.)   8k of GK (or how I learned to love the paint.) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 9:24 am

Mordheimer wrote:
VERY nice! Lettering on the Purity Seals? Dozer taught me to "use an architect's pen"... he had a name for it, but the parts in quotes filled my brain for that day.
You poor poor poor little man.

Anyways its not an "architect's pen". Its an artists pen with archival quality ink. It won't fade, it won't bleed out, and it won't damage the model, or anything that you put it on as a matter of fact. You can pick it up at any of your local arts and craft stores.

Linky for those that are to lazy to go looking for themselves.
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: 8k of GK (or how I learned to love the paint.)   8k of GK (or how I learned to love the paint.) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 8:10 pm

CRAP! I couldn't even get the generic name right! Little Frustrated Sometimes I wonder how I function... and I mean at a basic life-form level!
Back to top Go down
jd3

jd3

PostSubject: Re: 8k of GK (or how I learned to love the paint.)   8k of GK (or how I learned to love the paint.) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2012 11:18 pm

I got a little bit more done tonight. Here are some pics.

8k of GK (or how I learned to love the paint.) - Page 3 IMAG05248k of GK (or how I learned to love the paint.) - Page 3 IMAG05258k of GK (or how I learned to love the paint.) - Page 3 IMAG05268k of GK (or how I learned to love the paint.) - Page 3 IMAG05278k of GK (or how I learned to love the paint.) - Page 3 IMAG0528
Back to top Go down
jd3

jd3

PostSubject: Re: 8k of GK (or how I learned to love the paint.)   8k of GK (or how I learned to love the paint.) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 2:14 am

I got two based completely, and all the others still need grass and the red base paint on the rest. I did get highlights on the bases for all the infantry.

Here you go mord.

8k of GK (or how I learned to love the paint.) - Page 3 IMAG05328k of GK (or how I learned to love the paint.) - Page 3 IMAG0533
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: 8k of GK (or how I learned to love the paint.)   8k of GK (or how I learned to love the paint.) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 7:21 am

Looking GREAT! The grass did the trick! Simple, yet effective.
Back to top Go down
DoZer

DoZer

PostSubject: Re: 8k of GK (or how I learned to love the paint.)   8k of GK (or how I learned to love the paint.) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 8:59 am

Looking good buddy!
Back to top Go down
jd3

jd3

PostSubject: Re: 8k of GK (or how I learned to love the paint.)   8k of GK (or how I learned to love the paint.) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 10:10 am

Dozer, I found for the grass that if I pinched a small amout with my super-fine tweasers that it was easy to seperate the grass that wasn't facing the same way. It wasn't 100% effective because the tip of the tweasers would get some glue every so often and the grass would stick to them. I'm going to finish the basing first tonight and try and do a little painting as well.

The tourney is Saturday morning. I got plans to whupass on thursday. Friday everything needs to be packed up because that night belongs to my girlfriend.

The pressure is on! Wish me luck.
Back to top Go down
DoZer

DoZer

PostSubject: Re: 8k of GK (or how I learned to love the paint.)   8k of GK (or how I learned to love the paint.) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 10:18 am

Couldn't find anything to generate the static electricity for the static grass?
Back to top Go down
jd3

jd3

PostSubject: Re: 8k of GK (or how I learned to love the paint.)   8k of GK (or how I learned to love the paint.) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 10:24 am

Nope. This seems to work though. I just need to make sure the grass is mostly below the tweasers and knock out all the little bastard follicles that wont get in line.
Back to top Go down
jd3

jd3

PostSubject: Re: 8k of GK (or how I learned to love the paint.)   8k of GK (or how I learned to love the paint.) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 3:15 am

I may get another chance to paint before the tournament on Saturday, but I doubt it.

So in a frantic fit of painting I got as much done as I could for this event; not as much as I would've liked. I am still very pleased with the results so far. Let me know what you all think.. of the paint, or the list, or in mordie's case: what color the wings were on the butterfly that started a hurricane.

1500 pts

Hq - Coteaz

8k of GK (or how I learned to love the paint.) - Page 3 IMAG0535

Elite - Vindicare Assassin

8k of GK (or how I learned to love the paint.) - Page 3 IMAG0537

Troops Henchmen - 4xDCA, 2xCrusader (one arbites, one Ecclesiarch), 3 Warrior Acolyten (Escher Hive Gangers) with Chain Sword, Las Pistols, Meltabombs. Rhino.

8k of GK (or how I learned to love the paint.) - Page 3 IMAG0536

Troops - Henchmen - 10 Warrior Acolyte w/Storm Bolters (Squats) (one has Meltabombs) Rhino

8k of GK (or how I learned to love the paint.) - Page 3 IMAG0538

Troops - Strike Squad - Justicar, 3xNFS SB, 1xPsycannon. Razorback Psybolt, TLAssCannon

8k of GK (or how I learned to love the paint.) - Page 3 IMAG0540

Troops - Strike Squad - Justicar, 3xNFS SB, 1xPsycannon. Razorback Psybolt, TLAssCannon

8k of GK (or how I learned to love the paint.) - Page 3 IMAG0541

Troops - Strike Squad - Justicar, 3xNFS SB, 1xPsycannon. Razorback Psybolt, TLHB

8k of GK (or how I learned to love the paint.) - Page 3 IMAG0543

Troops - Strike Squad - Justicar, 3xNFS SB, 1xPsycannon. Razorback Psybolt

8k of GK (or how I learned to love the paint.) - Page 3 IMAG0542

Heavy Support - Dreadnought - 2x TLAC, Psybolt Ammo

8k of GK (or how I learned to love the paint.) - Page 3 IMAG0545

Heavy Support - Dreadnought - 2x TLAC, Psybolt Ammo

8k of GK (or how I learned to love the paint.) - Page 3 IMAG0546

And here is the whole army.

8k of GK (or how I learned to love the paint.) - Page 3 IMAG0549
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: 8k of GK (or how I learned to love the paint.)   8k of GK (or how I learned to love the paint.) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 7:22 am

The 'little' army (that packs a WHOP punch!) is looking great! Very cool. Now... RIP THE ENEMY APART!

Good luck in the tourney!
Back to top Go down
Arachas

Arachas

PostSubject: Re: 8k of GK (or how I learned to love the paint.)   8k of GK (or how I learned to love the paint.) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 8:43 am

You know, in real life I coach people in Getting Things Done.

You, my friend, are GETTING THINGS DONE! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
dr!zzt

dr!zzt

PostSubject: Re: 8k of GK (or how I learned to love the paint.)   8k of GK (or how I learned to love the paint.) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 12:28 pm

i'll add one thing- as tau player i hate GK power weapons on everything- make it more visible, make it more scary Smile
Back to top Go down
jd3

jd3

PostSubject: Re: 8k of GK (or how I learned to love the paint.)   8k of GK (or how I learned to love the paint.) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 12:54 pm

dr!zzt wrote:
i'll add one thing- as tau player i hate GK power weapons on everything- make it more visible, make it more scary Smile

I agree, and I will. I am going to follow Laney's power weapon tutorial, I just didn't have the time to get it done before Saturday.
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: 8k of GK (or how I learned to love the paint.)   8k of GK (or how I learned to love the paint.) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 1:42 pm

Cool looking army - good luck with the tournament!

I'm not even half way with mine.Sad

Laney:D
Back to top Go down
jd3

jd3

PostSubject: Re: 8k of GK (or how I learned to love the paint.)   8k of GK (or how I learned to love the paint.) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 3:56 pm

Thanks guys for all the compliments, there is still a long way to go with some of the models but this will work for the tournament just fine.

I will let you all know how it goes, hopefully with pictures and battle reports but I may put that into another thread.

I'm going to slow down with the painting for a little bit, my girlfriend would like to see her man a little bit more often, so the thread won't advance at such a rapid pace for a while. Plus I bought a boat, and in South Florida where I live, on the water I will add, it's time to do A LOT of fishing.

Still though when I do some work I will post pictures.
Back to top Go down
Komfritten

Komfritten

PostSubject: Re: 8k of GK (or how I learned to love the paint.)   8k of GK (or how I learned to love the paint.) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 4:17 pm

I'm amazed of the amount of painting you've done - wish I had half the drive you have! I have on million half-made projects lying around... and this puts me to shame...

Very nice work and good table top quality!

On the bases: Like the grass, thinks that the rock or rockcrete needs some highlighting to stand out more - easily done with a brush in hand (as I suppose you allready know).
Back to top Go down
jd3

jd3

PostSubject: Re: 8k of GK (or how I learned to love the paint.)   8k of GK (or how I learned to love the paint.) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 9:33 am

Komfritten wrote:
I'm amazed of the amount of painting you've done - wish I had half the drive you have! I have on million half-made projects lying around... and this puts me to shame...

Very nice work and good table top quality!

On the bases: Like the grass, thinks that the rock or rockcrete needs some highlighting to stand out more - easily done with a brush in hand (as I suppose you allready know).

You were so right on with the bases, thank you!

So I ended up with one more night to paint. I focused only on the PAGK and used some servo skulls for themed objective markers.

8k of GK (or how I learned to love the paint.) - Page 3 IMAG05528k of GK (or how I learned to love the paint.) - Page 3 IMAG05518k of GK (or how I learned to love the paint.) - Page 3 IMAG05538k of GK (or how I learned to love the paint.) - Page 3 IMAG05548k of GK (or how I learned to love the paint.) - Page 3 IMAG0555

I will post the results of the tournament soon, I'm very excited.
Back to top Go down
Komfritten

Komfritten

PostSubject: Re: 8k of GK (or how I learned to love the paint.)   8k of GK (or how I learned to love the paint.) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 7:35 pm

Worked Wonders With The Highlighs On The Bases. This Makes Me Want To Paint My Gk s Thank You For Sharing!
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: 8k of GK (or how I learned to love the paint.)   8k of GK (or how I learned to love the paint.) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 24, 2012 8:47 pm

YES!!!! The highlights on the bases did it! Great job! Thumbs Up
Back to top Go down
jd3

jd3

PostSubject: Re: 8k of GK (or how I learned to love the paint.)   8k of GK (or how I learned to love the paint.) - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 10:07 pm

Tournament results can be found here.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 8k of GK (or how I learned to love the paint.)   8k of GK (or how I learned to love the paint.) - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

8k of GK (or how I learned to love the paint.)
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next