Death Squads Game Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Alternative models and vehicles

Go down 
+21
Matt12z
dr!zzt
Lazi
Komfritten
Dysturbed
dumdeedum
Lord GreyWolf
drakkol
Laney
Sev
DoomOnYou72
Capt. L.S.D.
jammydodger
Colonel Prius
Arachas
DeafNala
Gatlag Stonetooth
Da Bank
DoZer
Mordheimer
mudboy
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

Alternative models and vehicles - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Alternative models and vehicles   Alternative models and vehicles - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 7:31 am

Very cool Laney. What 'worries' me is that the kit does not includes 'arms' nor 'heads' ... which means that they could end up looking with weird stubs for arms. The backpacks are HORRIBLE... but you guys showed that they are easy to make.

I definitely will put this on my list to do. THANKS for sharing!
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: Alternative models and vehicles   Alternative models and vehicles - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 9:02 am

I don't think that's a problem Mord - the pic I posted shows the kits with regular 40k heads and arms (not to mention forgeworld weapons). So they look like the proportions in some of the art work for 40k.

I think the idea is that this promotes the sales of Warhammer kit (at least in theory), because you must have arms and heads from their range - thus avoiding any suggestion that they are stealing business from GW. I don't know the legalities of it (nor do I care).

I'd probably just use regular backpacks or use parts from the regular ones to '40k' the backpack.

Cheers Laney:D
Back to top Go down
Dysturbed

Dysturbed

PostSubject: Re: Alternative models and vehicles   Alternative models and vehicles - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 9:24 am

As long as they don't call it something that has to do with GW and their molds are not just scaled up copies of the GW product as far as I can see from a copyright standpoint (which by this point it looks like they are finally starting to get) They should be Golden. I mean look at the eldar models they have those are full out ripoffs of GW kits but they are stuff GW doesn't make aka a Farseer with riding legs for the jetbike.
Back to top Go down
Arachas

Arachas

PostSubject: Re: Alternative models and vehicles   Alternative models and vehicles - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 10:31 am

WAIT! HOLD THE PHONE!

Are you saying I can get all the parts for 6 truescale Marines... with no effort... FOR JUST OVER 20 BUCKS?!

*places order NOW*
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: Alternative models and vehicles   Alternative models and vehicles - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 22, 2012 6:14 pm

I agree Dysturbed. They (imho) need to be more aware, but they have definitely got it with the Knight Praetorius set. The Eldar are pretty good sculpts however (I like the striking scorpion guy and they have manshees coming out at some point too).

@Arachas: They are out 5th March (so it's a preorder) and they will fill on a first come first served basis - so expect a little wait behind the vast number of customers from Dakka Dakka etc. But just over $20 (plus postage) and no work - yay!
Back to top Go down
Arachas

Arachas

PostSubject: Re: Alternative models and vehicles   Alternative models and vehicles - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 4:51 am

Laney wrote:
@Arachas: They are out 5th March (so it's a preorder) and they will fill on a first come first served basis - so expect a little wait behind the vast number of customers from Dakka Dakka etc. But just over $20 (plus postage) and no work - yay!

I NEED truescale Marines for Death Squads, no matter what. I was anticipating having to buy a Terminator squad box for the bits AND spend countless hours sculpting. And now I can just ORDER them... *faints*
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Alternative models and vehicles   Alternative models and vehicles - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 7:24 am

I feel the same way... One day I may TRY to make a true-scale Marine... but I rather buy the parts. My GS skills are minimalistic (except for my expertise with asses... Rolling Eyes ) so these bitz are the thing for me!
Back to top Go down
Arachas

Arachas

PostSubject: Re: Alternative models and vehicles   Alternative models and vehicles - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 8:40 am

Order placed. GIVE THEM TO ME!

Mord, we're doing Marines. NOW! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
dr!zzt

dr!zzt

PostSubject: Re: Alternative models and vehicles   Alternative models and vehicles - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2012 11:05 am

i'm going to use some of those as Stealh siuts, pathfinders or auxiliaries for mu tau army; great miniatures, in scale (i hope so...), on the other hand they're full metal...
http://www.infinitythegame.com/infinity/en/category/pano/
and there's a lot more...
Back to top Go down
Arachas

Arachas

PostSubject: Re: Alternative models and vehicles   Alternative models and vehicles - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2012 11:38 am

Infinity models are so pretty it hurts. But their price hurts, too...
Back to top Go down
Arachas

Arachas

PostSubject: Re: Alternative models and vehicles   Alternative models and vehicles - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 6:37 am

Just got word from Chapterhouse: my order has shipped! Not bad, only four days after the release date...

TRUESCALING, HERE I COME!

Oh, crap... I need to do a Prisoner, first. Wink
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Alternative models and vehicles   Alternative models and vehicles - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 7:56 am

HAHAH! Yes... silly goose... PRISONER FIRST!
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: Alternative models and vehicles   Alternative models and vehicles - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 4:05 pm

Mine has shipped too!

Got to get on with painting my prisoner though.

Laney:D
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Alternative models and vehicles   Alternative models and vehicles - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 5:06 pm

Prisoners first, people!!! Stick of Doom Heheheh
Back to top Go down
Lazi

Lazi

PostSubject: Re: Alternative models and vehicles   Alternative models and vehicles - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 3:49 pm

Mantic games has already been metioned here and they have a new toy(s) - "Veer-myn" a race of space-rats Smile How cool is that? Very Happy

Alternative models and vehicles - Page 5 Veer-myn-Night-Crawlers-Mantic-Games
(not so detailed picture, but these are really pre-release pics). It somehow connected to this game they are creating: Project Pandora - Grim Cargo

They also have some interesting sci-fi orcs: Warpath - Marauders
Alternative models and vehicles - Page 5 1666.1.368.368.FFFFFF.0

Sci-fi dwarves: Warpath - Forge Fathers
Alternative models and vehicles - Page 5 1667.1.368.368.FFFFFF.0

And also 'umies that hadalready been mentioned in this topic (so just a reminder Wink ): Warpath - Corporation
Alternative models and vehicles - Page 5 1972.1.368.368.FFFFFF.0

And the best thing: THEY ARE CHEAP!!!
Back to top Go down
Matt12z

Matt12z

PostSubject: Re: Alternative models and vehicles   Alternative models and vehicles - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 4:23 pm

Have to say, I like the stuff mantic games is doing. But the human corporation models don't look quite right to me...I dunno. It'd be good to see them in person.
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: Alternative models and vehicles   Alternative models and vehicles - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 16, 2012 6:37 pm

Those space rats look very cool - Clan Skryre all the way!

Another soon to be true scale provider... http://www.warsmithminiatures.co.uk/

This guy is really good (check our his thread on Dakka Dakka) http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/434405.page

Ta Laney:D
Back to top Go down
mudboy

mudboy

PostSubject: Re: Alternative models and vehicles   Alternative models and vehicles - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 17, 2012 3:58 am

That warsmith guy looks promising!
Back to top Go down
Lazi

Lazi

PostSubject: Re: Alternative models and vehicles   Alternative models and vehicles - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 17, 2012 5:40 am

Sparrow2z wrote:
But the human corporation models don't look quite right to me...I dunno. It'd be good to see them in person.
You are right. Proportions of Corporations soldiers are a little weird. It doesn't matter when it comes to alies but humas should have the right size and proportion, otherwise people will notice. I actually had the same feeling about their elves... They have many interesting ideas (both corporation and elves) but the sculpt is killing it. Corporation models look a little bit stiff and their legs are too thing and too short, I think. But it's still an interesting alternative to GW models - especially price-wise.
Back to top Go down
Da Bank

Da Bank

PostSubject: Re: Alternative models and vehicles   Alternative models and vehicles - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 10:51 pm

I just checked out 'antic games has already been metioned here and they have a new toy(s) - "Veer-myn" a race of space-rats Smile" Those are cool models. I might have to get them.
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: Alternative models and vehicles   Alternative models and vehicles - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2012 2:12 am

The space rats woud make for a cool Clan Skryre army too (cheaper than buying GW jezzails!).

Warsmith is no longer producing truescale marines (cease and desist from GW I believe) - shame because they looked ace.

LANEY
Back to top Go down
Da Bank

Da Bank

PostSubject: Re: Alternative models and vehicles   Alternative models and vehicles - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2012 8:28 pm

Does anyone know if the Vermyn are plastic or metal or if possible you can kit bash them with Warhammer Fantasy Skaven?
Back to top Go down
Lord GreyWolf

Lord GreyWolf

PostSubject: Re: Alternative models and vehicles   Alternative models and vehicles - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2012 4:57 pm

Alternative models and vehicles - Page 5 Black+Hat+Miniatures+Goblins
Alternative models and vehicles - Page 5 Black%2BHat%2BMiniatures%2BGoblins%2B2
Alternative models and vehicles - Page 5 Black%2BHat%2BMiniatures%2BGoblin%2B3Alternative models and vehicles - Page 5 WWG102 Alternative models and vehicles - Page 5 WWG103

the above WWI Germaic Goblins are from Black Hat Miniatures they were designed to be used against:

Alternative models and vehicles - Page 5 Hfk101web Alternative models and vehicles - Page 5 Hfk001%20freddy%20bagshott
Alternative models and vehicles - Page 5 Hfk002%20%20stan%20gammageAlternative models and vehicles - Page 5 K310web

These WWI Halflings can be found here Hasslefree Miniatures

They make me want to get a WWI Imperial Guard Halfling squad to fight against a Grot WWI squad.

Cheers
LGW
Back to top Go down
Da Bank

Da Bank

PostSubject: Re: Alternative models and vehicles   Alternative models and vehicles - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2012 9:12 pm

Those are some interesting models.
Back to top Go down
Lord GreyWolf

Lord GreyWolf

PostSubject: Re: Alternative models and vehicles   Alternative models and vehicles - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2012 9:19 pm

lol I know SO tempted but with everything else I got to do, I don't need another distraction....

But Still SO DAM TEMPTED!!!!!

LGW
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Alternative models and vehicles   Alternative models and vehicles - Page 5 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Alternative models and vehicles
Page 5 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next