Death Squads Game Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kiwi's Catachans

Go down 
+11
Laney
Dysturbed
edward
StyrofoamKing
Lord GreyWolf
precentor_james
Mordheimer
MathiasDark
franzyland
Da Bank
Kiwi
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Kiwi

Kiwi

Kiwi's Catachans - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kiwi's Catachans   Kiwi's Catachans - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 6:03 pm

Thanks everyone,
I agree the belly plate is a bit to chaotic though I'm not sure what I'll use to cover it up, the only Aquila I had was used to base my prisoner but I'll see what I can find. In the mean time any more suggestion/improvements I could make?

@ Mordheimer & LGW I am terrible with green stuff a military cap or skull would be far beyond me.
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: Kiwi's Catachans   Kiwi's Catachans - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 6:33 pm

@ Kiwi: Don't put yourself down - green stuffing (like everything else in this hobby) takes practice, practice and more practice, with always more to learn. The straps on the belt are well done, as is the Ogryn chin. Your attention to detail is excellent (the bullet going from teh magazine into the gun for example).

Ok - The back of the ripper gun is a little rough - but as a concept it is well executed. A little advice - Use loads of water on your tools when working the GS, especially when first mixed and don't fiddle with the stuff too much - work out what you want to do before mixing and then don't pick at it (remember you can always file and trim once its set), but do try to smooth when wet.

Give the hat/cap a go and if it looks rubbish, just take it off (that's the beauty of green stuff) - See if there are green stuff tutorials you can take ideas from.

I am really enjoying watching this thread develop by the way

Cheers Laney
Back to top Go down
Kiwi

Kiwi

PostSubject: Re: Kiwi's Catachans   Kiwi's Catachans - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 11:27 pm

@ 02laney thanks, I would never have tried this before but with you and Mordheimer recommending I do it I decided to give it a go.

Kiwi's Catachans - Page 3 Ogryn_14

Kiwi's Catachans - Page 3 Ogryn_17

Kiwi's Catachans - Page 3 Ogryn_18

Kiwi's Catachans - Page 3 Ogryn_19

I also got some work done on his base and a bayonet for the ripper gun
Kiwi's Catachans - Page 3 Ogryn_20

Kiwi's Catachans - Page 3 Ogryn_21

I'm a bit unsure about the cap so any feedback/comments from people particularly on whether or not I should keep it would be greatly appreciated.
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Kiwi's Catachans   Kiwi's Catachans - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 11:48 pm

I agree with Laney.... take time and practice! Use this as your 'learning' motivation! Take another model and make him a cap (use lots of water!) and you will be surprised how good you are!

WE ARE ALL BEHIND YOU! Go for the gold... on in this case, the CAP! cheers

EDIT: OMG!!!!! HOLY EMPEROR! You got TALENT man!!!! Your pictures beat me... HA! THAT IS AMAZING!
EDIT 2: If you take the Cap Off... I KILL YOU! That is AWESOME!
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
Lord GreyWolf

Lord GreyWolf

PostSubject: Re: Kiwi's Catachans   Kiwi's Catachans - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 05, 2010 3:42 am

GREAT WORK kiwi!!!!

you got talent!!!!!

keep it up looking forward to seeing your squad finished....

Cheers
LGW
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: Kiwi's Catachans   Kiwi's Catachans - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 05, 2010 3:42 am

Great Job!

You'll be modelling whole miniatures at this rate! Nice, smooth green stuff work.

Keep going...
Cheers laney
Back to top Go down
Kiwi

Kiwi

PostSubject: Re: Kiwi's Catachans   Kiwi's Catachans - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 06, 2010 2:53 am

Embarassed Thanks guys I would have never even considered doing this without all of the motivation you've given me, and the fantastic work people have done on this forum Very Happy .

I'm glad you like the cap, it will stay, any suggestions as to which color I should paint it?
You were right about using loads of water, it was much easier with the cap, that was probably the problem with the GS on the ripper gun. As for the belly plate I still haven't found anything suitable so I'm thinking of painting it black and maybe attempting some gothic type numerals on it or something.

I think I'm getting a bit addicted to converting, I have tried a few minor conversions on a couple of other models whether they turn out any good though is another matter entirely.

Work on the squad will probably be a bit slow, I'm going to be starting on the officers soon so they'll be taking a bit longer.
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Kiwi's Catachans   Kiwi's Catachans - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 06, 2010 5:09 pm

You got the Converting bug!!! cheers

Remember to post your work... even if you think is bad. It help us me to see what I can do! Love to learn from the future masters!
Back to top Go down
Dysturbed

Dysturbed

PostSubject: Re: Kiwi's Catachans   Kiwi's Catachans - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 06, 2010 5:23 pm

catachan = jungle so i don't think you should do urban basing.
Back to top Go down
Da Bank

Da Bank

PostSubject: Re: Kiwi's Catachans   Kiwi's Catachans - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 06, 2010 5:57 pm

KIWI

This is great! I love the Ogryn. Keep up the great work!
Back to top Go down
Kiwi

Kiwi

PostSubject: Re: Kiwi's Catachans   Kiwi's Catachans - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 12:22 am

Thanks every one,
The ogryn is going to have to wait a while before I paint him, I realised I hadn't green stuffed one side of his belt Little Frustrated.
I suppose I can't just share my successes, I got a strange idea in my head that it would be possible for me to make a power fist from green stuff Embarassed . At least I've learned from my mistake.

Kiwi's Catachans - Page 3 Power_10

Kiwi's Catachans - Page 3 Power_11

Kiwi's Catachans - Page 3 Power_13

@ Mordheimer I will show you pics once I've finished painting them, I definately love using GS but I'm not sure I have the imagination so don't expect too much.

Dysturbed wrote:
catachan = jungle so i don't think you should do urban basing.
Damn. OK, I'll just have to wait for some flock, at least then I can be sure it will look right.
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Kiwi's Catachans   Kiwi's Catachans - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 4:18 am

Kiwi's Catachans - Page 3 ___GASP_by_Dokuro.png

DUDE!!!! I want to kill you! You were concern about a freaking cap?!? You are a hustler! A freaking scratch built power fist?!?! AGHHHHH! And I though I was getting good because I could sculpt an ass...
Kiwi's Catachans - Page 3 GretchinThroneFinalWIP18

GREAT JOB! I will suggest something... the fist is PERFECT. The cable under it.... nah. I would suggest removing it and putting a guitar string.
Kiwi's Catachans - Page 3 Guitar%20String%20Bangle%202-%20Lg
They are cheap, and our scale it looks like corrugated cable. All pros use it... so you should too. After all.... you can sculpt freaking FINGERS! You have an idea how hard that is? No you don't... if you can do that on your first try, don't give me any shit. You have so much talent, that you can bottle it and sell it (if you do, I get 12 cans!)

Seriously... you have talent. PERIOD. Keep aiming high, we will dream about catching up with you in a decade or two! You make us proud!
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: Kiwi's Catachans   Kiwi's Catachans - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 07, 2010 8:47 am

SUPERB! Enough said - keep going...

You'll be sculpting whole models before you know it!

Ta Laney
Back to top Go down
Kiwi

Kiwi

PostSubject: Re: Kiwi's Catachans   Kiwi's Catachans - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 12:03 am

Thanks guys,
The guys I painted as promised the second one looks a little dodgy but I like the way the medic turned out, henchmen are now almost finished besides the ogryn.

Kiwi's Catachans - Page 3 Catach10

Kiwi's Catachans - Page 3 Catach11

Kiwi's Catachans - Page 3 Catach12

Kiwi's Catachans - Page 3 Catach13
You can kinda see what I was aiming for on the back.

@ Mordheimer What are you talking about? You sculpted an arse! I will definitely get some guitar cable if I'm able to find some GS to finish it.

Don't expect any more conversions from me, the guy I traded the green stuff off is saying I have to give it back so from what I can gather he can trade it with Edward? Not sure how this works but such is life.

Feedback as always appreciated.
Back to top Go down
edward

edward

PostSubject: Re: Kiwi's Catachans   Kiwi's Catachans - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 12:10 am

the ogryns awesome!......one small thing ogres have those weird slippers i'd suggets filing it down to look more imperial guard boot esque
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: Kiwi's Catachans   Kiwi's Catachans - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 1:58 am

Nice syringe - is it a small nail wrapped in green stuff or a small plastic tube (either way looks good - I'll have to nick that idea for my Ork Painboy)

How do you give green stuff back? - it's kind of consumable!

Cheers Laney cheers
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Kiwi's Catachans   Kiwi's Catachans - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 9:21 am

If I ever see a doctor coming at me with THAT gauge of a needle, I kill myself! Leave it to the Catachans to make the healing process a muy macho test! They were not kidding when they said EVERYTHING in Catachan can (and probably will) kill you!

Excellent job!

Why you need to give the GS back? It was a trade, considered fair at the time... it is done. The guy needs some GS... he can trade you for it!

Last edited by Mordheimer on Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
edward

edward

PostSubject: Re: Kiwi's Catachans   Kiwi's Catachans - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 4:00 pm

the medic looks Shocked awesome!
Back to top Go down
Kiwi

Kiwi

PostSubject: Re: Kiwi's Catachans   Kiwi's Catachans - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 11:56 pm

Thanks guys,

A nail would have made much more sense! I agree the needle is a bit excessive but it was made from a cut down shovel handle, it probably plays a large part in the initiation rites Very Happy .
Gave the G.S back, I think we had different interpretations of the trade, still at least he let me finish off a few things Mr. Burns .

Last edited by Kiwi on Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:03 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : forgetful)
Back to top Go down
Kiwi

Kiwi

PostSubject: Re: Kiwi's Catachans   Kiwi's Catachans - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 5:08 pm

Quick group shot of the catachans:

Kiwi's Catachans - Page 3 Group_10
Back to top Go down
cody20

cody20

PostSubject: Re: Kiwi's Catachans   Kiwi's Catachans - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 5:22 pm

they look, great keep it up.
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: Kiwi's Catachans   Kiwi's Catachans - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 5:49 pm

Good work, they look spot on! I particularly like the skin you've achieved on the ogryn (not to mention the GS work).

Cheers Laney cheers
Back to top Go down
Lord GreyWolf

Lord GreyWolf

PostSubject: Re: Kiwi's Catachans   Kiwi's Catachans - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 6:08 pm

great work!!!!

loving the skin colours as well. very nice.

Cheers
LGW
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Kiwi's Catachans   Kiwi's Catachans - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 8:21 pm

Holy cow, Kiwi! They are awesome... 9 out of 10! WHAT? You want a 9.9 (I reserve 10's for Laney & DeafNala)... then BASE the models! Just Kidding Seriously... you put many of us to shame! EXCELLENT WORK! Keep raising the bar... you will go places! Imagine how good you will be when you reach DeafNala's age! HA (It's his BDay... so I gotta mess with him! HA!)
Back to top Go down
DeafNala

DeafNala

PostSubject: Re: Kiwi's Catachans   Kiwi's Catachans - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2010 10:07 am

The Lads large & small look TERRIFIC in the group shot...a job VERY WELL DONE! What a Face
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kiwi's Catachans   Kiwi's Catachans - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kiwi's Catachans
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next