Death Squads Game Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kickstarter: Zombies, anyone? Zombicide

Go down 
+5
Mordheimer
Narcissus
Laney
Lord GreyWolf
Da Bank
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

Kickstarter: Zombies, anyone? Zombicide - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kickstarter: Zombies, anyone? Zombicide   Kickstarter: Zombies, anyone? Zombicide - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 1:50 pm

My package ARRIVED!!!! YES!

That is a LOT of Zombies!!! And we have more stuff to come in March. Sorry for the lousy pics... my camera's battery was dead, so I took this ones with my phone. Enjoy the pics!

Kickstarter: Zombies, anyone? Zombicide - Page 6 ZombicideArrival01

Kickstarter: Zombies, anyone? Zombicide - Page 6 ZombicideArrival02

Kickstarter: Zombies, anyone? Zombicide - Page 6 ZombicideArrival03

Kickstarter: Zombies, anyone? Zombicide - Page 6 ZombicideArrival04

Kickstarter: Zombies, anyone? Zombicide - Page 6 ZombicideArrival05

Kickstarter: Zombies, anyone? Zombicide - Page 6 ZombicideArrival06

Kickstarter: Zombies, anyone? Zombicide - Page 6 ZombicideArrival07

Kickstarter: Zombies, anyone? Zombicide - Page 6 ZombicideArrival08

Kickstarter: Zombies, anyone? Zombicide - Page 6 ZombicideArrival09

Panoramic view...
Kickstarter: Zombies, anyone? Zombicide - Page 6 ZombicideArrival10

Can't wait to start dipping!
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
Da Bank

Da Bank

PostSubject: Re: Kickstarter: Zombies, anyone? Zombicide   Kickstarter: Zombies, anyone? Zombicide - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 2:53 pm

What? Where is mine?..

Good for you. I can't wait.
Back to top Go down
Gatlag Stonetooth

Gatlag Stonetooth

PostSubject: Re: Kickstarter: Zombies, anyone? Zombicide   Kickstarter: Zombies, anyone? Zombicide - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 2:58 pm

Wow! That box's packed! Should be a joy to unpack it I think. Smile
Back to top Go down
Da Bank

Da Bank

PostSubject: Re: Kickstarter: Zombies, anyone? Zombicide   Kickstarter: Zombies, anyone? Zombicide - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 11:05 pm

Looks like I am in the 2nd wave if I figured this out correctly.
Back to top Go down
Daemonicus

Daemonicus

PostSubject: Re: Kickstarter: Zombies, anyone? Zombicide   Kickstarter: Zombies, anyone? Zombicide - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2012 2:00 pm

Wow, that's a lot of stuff. Can't wait to get my hands on mine. Must wait a month to get it shipped here to Europe.

What extras did you get with your box?
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Kickstarter: Zombies, anyone? Zombicide   Kickstarter: Zombies, anyone? Zombicide - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2012 2:37 pm

I got the 3 limited figures (Cholo!!!), dice and stuff. All the other extras will ship on March.
Back to top Go down
Da Bank

Da Bank

PostSubject: Re: Kickstarter: Zombies, anyone? Zombicide   Kickstarter: Zombies, anyone? Zombicide - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2012 2:38 pm

Cholo is cool. The guy could be used as a Catachan!
Back to top Go down
Da Bank

Da Bank

PostSubject: Re: Kickstarter: Zombies, anyone? Zombicide   Kickstarter: Zombies, anyone? Zombicide - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2012 12:10 pm

Just got my tracking number. It should arrive this week.
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: Kickstarter: Zombies, anyone? Zombicide   Kickstarter: Zombies, anyone? Zombicide - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2012 5:57 pm

Where's mine? I want my stuff! I NEED Zombies!

Unbelievably jealous - Laney:D
Back to top Go down
Lord GreyWolf

Lord GreyWolf

PostSubject: Re: Kickstarter: Zombies, anyone? Zombicide   Kickstarter: Zombies, anyone? Zombicide - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2012 5:59 pm

Laney wrote:
Where's mine? I want my stuff! I NEED Zombies!

Unbelievably jealous - Laney:D

Ditto, I got nothing yet not even a tracking number.

LGW
Back to top Go down
Daemonicus

Daemonicus

PostSubject: Re: Kickstarter: Zombies, anyone? Zombicide   Kickstarter: Zombies, anyone? Zombicide - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2012 12:37 pm

Same here

It might take some time for it to cross the pond
Back to top Go down
Da Bank

Da Bank

PostSubject: Re: Kickstarter: Zombies, anyone? Zombicide   Kickstarter: Zombies, anyone? Zombicide - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 4:38 pm

Received mine today, I will see if I can get the family to play a game tonight. If so, will take some pics of the zombie game and post them.

If we don't like, I will put it up on Ebay.
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Kickstarter: Zombies, anyone? Zombicide   Kickstarter: Zombies, anyone? Zombicide - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 4:53 pm

Da Bank wrote:
If we don't like, I will put it up on Ebay.

Typical you! Hehehehe.... have fun!
Back to top Go down
Lord GreyWolf

Lord GreyWolf

PostSubject: Re: Kickstarter: Zombies, anyone? Zombicide   Kickstarter: Zombies, anyone? Zombicide - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 4:55 pm

still nothing here Sad
its going to be September before I get mine
I want mine NOW!!!!

LGW
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: Kickstarter: Zombies, anyone? Zombicide   Kickstarter: Zombies, anyone? Zombicide - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 6:39 pm

The update said that some of the international folk may get their packages before they receive their tracking number because they are spending the time getting everything packed up.

September was the original due date anyway wasn't it?

Laney:D
Back to top Go down
Lord GreyWolf

Lord GreyWolf

PostSubject: Re: Kickstarter: Zombies, anyone? Zombicide   Kickstarter: Zombies, anyone? Zombicide - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 6:43 pm

Yes September was but its SO UNFAIR the U.S get theirs first and we have to wait for ages... oh well at least the wife gets her T-shirt.
I am so wanting it now as Lady Grey said she would actually play the game with me.... which is a first in my books and why I am so eager for it to arrive already.

LGW
Back to top Go down
Da Bank

Da Bank

PostSubject: Re: Kickstarter: Zombies, anyone? Zombicide   Kickstarter: Zombies, anyone? Zombicide - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 7:52 pm

September is next week but they didn't say "when" in September.

Yea, but pure logistics is send all boxes to one point and then send out otherwise they would have to coordinate each shipment of the China with the Chinese and that would have been very interesting.

If the company was in the Europe I am sure the pool point would have been Europe first and USA and etc later.

Just started putting the game together and good chance I will get rid of it.

It is cool in one aspect but I really like GW and DS skirmish rules.

The models are pretty cool, just a bit smaller than I had expected but I am tainted by how "fat" GW makes their models. The overall detail is good.

The deck cards are really small. They are about the size of cards that your kids would use to play a game while driving in the car.
Back to top Go down
Daemonicus

Daemonicus

PostSubject: Re: Kickstarter: Zombies, anyone? Zombicide   Kickstarter: Zombies, anyone? Zombicide - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 6:01 am

My package arrived into the country yesterday... but it was caught by the customs. Sigh. Now to get it the cheapest way from there and as fast as possible.
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Kickstarter: Zombies, anyone? Zombicide   Kickstarter: Zombies, anyone? Zombicide - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 6:56 am

Good luck!
Back to top Go down
Daemonicus

Daemonicus

PostSubject: Re: Kickstarter: Zombies, anyone? Zombicide   Kickstarter: Zombies, anyone? Zombicide - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 9:52 am

I paid the taxes for the full 125$ price for the shipment only to notice the e-mail this morning where some post offices and customs failed to notice customs declaration included with the package. Mine included. It stated it was a box worth of 30$ and I paid much more... but that didn't get me down for long as the doorbell rang ad I got my box.

I've played 2 games so far and I like it. The introductory game was nice, had the police man guard the spawn point while the others cleared the building with the objective.

The 2nd game was totally different. I used up all walkers from the game and almost all from the bonus package. One zone had 14 walkers on it a truly terrifying sight for the survivors as the mob slowly pursued them to finally stand between them and the exit. It had taken ages to find the can of food I needed to win, if I'd found it earlier I'd have waltzed out without problems. Charging in with chainsaw revving only to notice it was running out of petrol, the trusty fire axe felled a couple more and the situation looked bleak. Doug fired his double pistols out of the melee to not risking the other three. It all came down to Josh. He had to take down 4 zombies with his 4 actions to survive the attack of the zombies with Ned. The other looked at him and gave their provisions to him. They would cover his escape. Reluctantly he ran carrying the supplies with him. He could see the mob devour his friends and saw the shapes of fast moving runners at his back. After loosing the runners Josh though of what would have happened if he had stayed to fight.

All in all a great game that captured the feeling of a endless horde of zombies that relentlessly keeps coming after you and regardless how many you take down many more rise up. It was challenging to keep the team equal in kill count. It was Doug who a challenge to keep in line when he found a pistol and took a matching pair. While at the start I could have him finish up stragglers, but when he was either first or 2nd player made the tactics harder. Thankfully the objectives helped to keep the others in pace with him.

I'm happy with my purchase. Now to play scenario 2 to get a better grip on the game before having a game with my friends on the weekend. While it's nice you can play by yourself I see that it gives much more when playing with friends. Instead of having a team you control like a unit you take control of a single survivor that you get attached to.

Thanks for tip on this game

Devilish
Back to top Go down
Da Bank

Da Bank

PostSubject: Re: Kickstarter: Zombies, anyone? Zombicide   Kickstarter: Zombies, anyone? Zombicide - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 11:44 am

Thanks for the feedback on the game.
Back to top Go down
Daemonicus

Daemonicus

PostSubject: Re: Kickstarter: Zombies, anyone? Zombicide   Kickstarter: Zombies, anyone? Zombicide - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 12:29 pm

Played the 3rd and 4th scenario.

3rd one I just ran through and stuck to the street. Very straight forward. You didn't need any extra equipment so the houses remained untouched.

4th one had cars. I had a blast driving over zombies and shooting or slashing through the windows. I was just putting my 2 other survivors in an another car, but the game ended when I reached red zone. A really fun scenario without that much fear that one hogged all the kills as the game would end as soon someone hit red.

Some thoughts on the game rules. There are some is some room to interpret some of those written also the car rules seem to have something missing. Like how much noise does a car do, what about sirens on the police car. Do you count all kills made by car as the drivers own. I racked up a few kills in only two turns driving. The sheer amount of damage it causes to mobs of walkers or runners is huge.

Another thing was how zombies reacted to sound inside building without an open door nearby. Will they wait outside or walk around to the open door 4+ zones away while they stood in front of a locked one. At least I'll make a house rule with the zombies smashing through locked doors as they should do. Walkers ad runners might break a door on a 6+, fatties 5+ and abomination on 4+. I'm not certain if I'll give them a +1 to the roll for each zombie trying to break through during that turn after the first zombie.

All in all can't wait to give it a go with friends.
Back to top Go down
Lord GreyWolf

Lord GreyWolf

PostSubject: Re: Kickstarter: Zombies, anyone? Zombicide   Kickstarter: Zombies, anyone? Zombicide - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2012 7:27 am

I got my tracking number this evening [about an hour ago]

its in the country and hoping I should have it by either tomorrow [Saturday] or Monday. at least next week some time .

LGW
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: Kickstarter: Zombies, anyone? Zombicide   Kickstarter: Zombies, anyone? Zombicide - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2012 12:25 pm

Got my tracking number (and the customs bill! Sad ). I should have my game in a few days!

Laney:D
Back to top Go down
Lord GreyWolf

Lord GreyWolf

PostSubject: Re: Kickstarter: Zombies, anyone? Zombicide   Kickstarter: Zombies, anyone? Zombicide - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2012 4:28 pm

My Zombicide box just arrived and me and the kids had a ball unpacking it.

Will have a read up of the rule book and it looks like the family is going to be killing some Zombies this afternoon.

WHOOP WHOOP!!!!!

LGW
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kickstarter: Zombies, anyone? Zombicide   Kickstarter: Zombies, anyone? Zombicide - Page 6 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kickstarter: Zombies, anyone? Zombicide
Page 6 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next