Death Squads Game Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kickstarter: Zombies, anyone? Zombicide

Go down 
+5
Mordheimer
Narcissus
Laney
Lord GreyWolf
Da Bank
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Da Bank

Da Bank

Kickstarter: Zombies, anyone? Zombicide - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kickstarter: Zombies, anyone? Zombicide   Kickstarter: Zombies, anyone? Zombicide - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2012 9:17 am

Here are the updated totals:

Backers

$565,296
pledged of $20,000 goal

hours to go
Back to top Go down
Da Bank

Da Bank

PostSubject: Re: Kickstarter: Zombies, anyone? Zombicide   Kickstarter: Zombies, anyone? Zombicide - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2012 9:18 am

Achieved! Downloadable Map and Scenario Editor! Everyone gets
this release, so you can easily create your own scenarios/maps using
the same editor we used to create the scenarios in the game! The editor
will include map tiles and component graphics, so put your designer
hats on!

Once we received $160,000 we get to edit tiles and maps so that might make up for the $20 for the extra tiles.

I am in for a total of $140, this is to include the two new minis (Ivy and Claudia).

Do I wait for them to ask me I want the four minis (Marvin, Ivy, Claudia and Eva)?
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Kickstarter: Zombies, anyone? Zombicide   Kickstarter: Zombies, anyone? Zombicide - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2012 10:43 am

I'm in for $180... the package, the four minis (Marvin, Ivy, Claudia and Eva) and the battle foam (it is made to fit the game box). I plan to paint all the Survivors, their zombified counterparts and the two Abominations (that is 22 models). Currently:

3,910 Backers
$572,746 pledged of $20,000 goal
25 hours to go

What is the next pledge reward?!?! Just Kidding I swear, if they put a new model to buy ($10) and the reward is ANOTHER model with a Zombie Counterpart of both models, everyone will add it. That will be at least $39,000 more. They should do IT!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
Da Bank

Da Bank

PostSubject: Re: Kickstarter: Zombies, anyone? Zombicide   Kickstarter: Zombies, anyone? Zombicide - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2012 11:14 am

Mord: exactly, another mini would be great.

You know have me thinking about the battle foam. LOL. More money to spend.
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Kickstarter: Zombies, anyone? Zombicide   Kickstarter: Zombies, anyone? Zombicide - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2012 11:29 am

Hahaha... don't get it until they announce the reward for the next level! Just Kidding
Back to top Go down
Lord GreyWolf

Lord GreyWolf

PostSubject: Re: Kickstarter: Zombies, anyone? Zombicide   Kickstarter: Zombies, anyone? Zombicide - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2012 3:17 pm

Well we are now at $597k next stretch is at $700k and will be the last one . We get Troy survivor and zombie version.
Kickstarter: Zombies, anyone? Zombicide - Page 3 Stretch-Goals-5-Troy

Kickstarter: Zombies, anyone? Zombicide - Page 3 Troy

Cheers
LGW
Back to top Go down
Da Bank

Da Bank

PostSubject: Re: Kickstarter: Zombies, anyone? Zombicide   Kickstarter: Zombies, anyone? Zombicide - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2012 3:26 pm

As Mord pointed out if they find or create a few new models to purchase than can raise a lot of money that way.

I am holding off on the Battlefoam at the moment but still seriously considering it.

I put some old Citadel Journals for sell on Ebay so I can recoup of the money for Zombicide and am thinking of selling some older Warhammer Fantasy Empire miniatures I have.
Back to top Go down
Lord GreyWolf

Lord GreyWolf

PostSubject: Re: Kickstarter: Zombies, anyone? Zombicide   Kickstarter: Zombies, anyone? Zombicide - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2012 3:28 pm

I want the extra tile set but it was that or 4 more minis... the mins won...

this has been a fun process and will get better once the box set arrives and the expansion is released next year.

Cheers
LGW
Back to top Go down
Da Bank

Da Bank

PostSubject: Re: Kickstarter: Zombies, anyone? Zombicide   Kickstarter: Zombies, anyone? Zombicide - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2012 3:34 pm

LGW

Agreed, the process has been fun. This is a very cool way for some of these "smaller" companies to get capital ($$$) in, advertise and draw fans into the game. CLAP, CLAP. This is freakin brilliant.

Yea, I agree the minis are better.

Did you see that we get access to the tile maker? We can create our own and that could make up for the extra set of tiles.

IN fact, you can scan your tiles and make another copy (for yourself only) and make the board larger.
Back to top Go down
Lord GreyWolf

Lord GreyWolf

PostSubject: Re: Kickstarter: Zombies, anyone? Zombicide   Kickstarter: Zombies, anyone? Zombicide - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2012 3:45 pm

Da Bank wrote:
LGW

Agreed, the process has been fun. This is a very cool way for some of these "smaller" companies to get capital ($$$) in, advertise and draw fans into the game. CLAP, CLAP. This is freakin brilliant.

Yea, I agree the minis are better.

Did you see that we get access to the tile maker? We can create our own and that could make up for the extra set of tiles.

IN fact, you can scan your tiles and make another copy (for yourself only) and make the board larger.

WTF???? when ? where? no I didn't

LGW
Back to top Go down
Da Bank

Da Bank

PostSubject: Re: Kickstarter: Zombies, anyone? Zombicide   Kickstarter: Zombies, anyone? Zombicide - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2012 3:47 pm

LGW

Check out the $160,000 stretch goal. It is there.
Back to top Go down
Lord GreyWolf

Lord GreyWolf

PostSubject: Re: Kickstarter: Zombies, anyone? Zombicide   Kickstarter: Zombies, anyone? Zombicide - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2012 3:49 pm

Quote :
Achieved! Downloadable Map and Scenario Editor! Everyone gets this release, so you can easily create your own scenarios/maps using the same editor we used to create the scenarios in the game! The editor will include map tiles and component graphics, so put your designer hats on!

I thought that was just the Scenario builder didn't think you could edit the Maps... will have wait and see what its like. I got a local guy who can do large scale printing for reasonable prices.

Cheers
LGW
Back to top Go down
Da Bank

Da Bank

PostSubject: Re: Kickstarter: Zombies, anyone? Zombicide   Kickstarter: Zombies, anyone? Zombicide - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2012 4:12 pm

Yea!

Ok, I have to go back and start cleaning out the garage. I will check back in 30 minutes to see how the project is doing and I have to check an ebay auction.
Back to top Go down
Lord GreyWolf

Lord GreyWolf

PostSubject: Re: Kickstarter: Zombies, anyone? Zombicide   Kickstarter: Zombies, anyone? Zombicide - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2012 4:31 pm

we are now at $606K

here is a recap of what you can get:
Kickstarter: Zombies, anyone? Zombicide - Page 3 Menu-template
Kickstarter: Zombies, anyone? Zombicide - Page 3 Side-Dishes

19 hours left to go!!!!!

Cheers
LGW
Back to top Go down
Da Bank

Da Bank

PostSubject: Re: Kickstarter: Zombies, anyone? Zombicide   Kickstarter: Zombies, anyone? Zombicide - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2012 4:50 pm

drools...... LOL
Back to top Go down
Da Bank

Da Bank

PostSubject: Re: Kickstarter: Zombies, anyone? Zombicide   Kickstarter: Zombies, anyone? Zombicide - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2012 5:01 pm

Just put a few more things for sell on ebay. Just old white dwarf magazines and citadel journals.
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: Kickstarter: Zombies, anyone? Zombicide   Kickstarter: Zombies, anyone? Zombicide - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2012 6:17 pm

Very tempted to put another $40 into the extra miniatures (that would be 8 in total with the zombie types - right?).

Laney
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Kickstarter: Zombies, anyone? Zombicide   Kickstarter: Zombies, anyone? Zombicide - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2012 6:35 pm

Yes... well worth it.

Currently $626,134.
Back to top Go down
Da Bank

Da Bank

PostSubject: Re: Kickstarter: Zombies, anyone? Zombicide   Kickstarter: Zombies, anyone? Zombicide - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2012 7:12 pm

Yea, just like Mord noted. You put in the extra money and you can pick what you want for that money value from the list above.

Backers

$631,079
pledged of $20,000 goal

17 HOURS
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: Kickstarter: Zombies, anyone? Zombicide   Kickstarter: Zombies, anyone? Zombicide - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2012 3:56 am

LAST STRETCH $700,000 Troy and Zombie Troy free (Evli Dead Character by the looks of it).

$693,958 (so far!)... only a few hours to go though!

Laney
Back to top Go down
Gatlag Stonetooth

Gatlag Stonetooth

PostSubject: Re: Kickstarter: Zombies, anyone? Zombicide   Kickstarter: Zombies, anyone? Zombicide - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2012 4:10 am

Argh! I have been tempted to join in for the last few day and have been reading this topic drooling of the coolness. I want it too! But can't really miss the money atm... Sad
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: Kickstarter: Zombies, anyone? Zombicide   Kickstarter: Zombies, anyone? Zombicide - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2012 4:33 am

$699,038 and counting (just caved and put the pledge up to get the extra miniatures - hopefully that last stretch goal too!)

Laney

Last edited by Laney on Sun May 06, 2012 8:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Da Bank

Da Bank

PostSubject: Re: Kickstarter: Zombies, anyone? Zombicide   Kickstarter: Zombies, anyone? Zombicide - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2012 8:10 am

They have surpassed $700,000.

Backers

$725,113
pledged of $20,000 goal

hours to go
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Kickstarter: Zombies, anyone? Zombicide   Kickstarter: Zombies, anyone? Zombicide - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2012 9:28 am

Ridiculous!!!

4,969 Backers
$738,474 pledged of $20,000 goal
2 hours to go

This is what you get at an Abomination ($100) level pledge!

Base game - 71 miniatures etc
3 Promo Survivors and their Zombie counterparts: 6 miniatures
4 additional Fatties - 4 miniatures
6 additional Runners - 6 miniatures
20 additional Walkers - 20 miniatures
1 additional Abomination - 1 miniature
1 Eagle / Zombie Eagle - 2 miniatures
1 Cardboard Tube Samurai / Zombie CTS - 2 miniatures
6 custom black dice
6 glow in the dark dice
1 T-shirt
1 signed lithograph

That is 112 models for $100. Just in models, you are paying $0.89 per model. That is a LOT of high quality Zombies. If you also buy the extra miniatures (Eva, Marvin, Ivy, Claudia) for $40 total, you get them AND their zombie-counterpart. So, those models come down to $5 each. SUPER cheap. Adding all the packages, for $140 you get 120 models... $1.17 each. Packages of generic zombies cost $1.50 per model... and they are not as good.

Even if the game sucks (which based on reviews from Adepticon and BoardGameGeek, it probably won't), that is a GREAT deal. Add the T-Shirt and dice... wow.

Well... this is an awesome deal. Thanks DaBank for bringing it here to our attention. cheers
Back to top Go down
Da Bank

Da Bank

PostSubject: Re: Kickstarter: Zombies, anyone? Zombicide   Kickstarter: Zombies, anyone? Zombicide - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2012 9:33 am

Mord: First off no problem as when I saw this I couldn't believe the deal (as you noted above). I figured a few people might be interested as many of us play various games.

Just from a cost for models it is well worth it. I hope it plays well and is fun but if not, oh well as now I have a ton of cool minis.

I saw on CMON forum that people were already trying to figure out how to play the game with 3D terrain. I would rather play with 3D terrain but of course, will need to play the game a few times to see how it flows.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kickstarter: Zombies, anyone? Zombicide   Kickstarter: Zombies, anyone? Zombicide - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kickstarter: Zombies, anyone? Zombicide
Page 3 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next