Death Squads Game Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kickstarter: Zombies, anyone? Zombicide

Go down 
+5
Mordheimer
Narcissus
Laney
Lord GreyWolf
Da Bank
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

Kickstarter: Zombies, anyone? Zombicide - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kickstarter: Zombies, anyone? Zombicide   Kickstarter: Zombies, anyone? Zombicide - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2012 9:50 am

I agree with you 100%. Just on the models, GREAT deal. I have been reading ALOT about the game itself. The guys at BoardGameGeeks are the opposite of us... they don't care about the models, but they do about the game. If the game is crap, they would pass on it.

Well, one guy decompiled the game based on the video demo and some info from people that saw the game in Adepticon. Well, even at the crude early stage game he could produce, the game was really fast paced and fun. He played several games in a big board, throwing zombies and models from other games. The mission was to get out to a safe-house through a secret exit. So there was lots of exploring to do. He said that the 'problem' was that when a Survivor got trigger happy (started killing zombies and making lots of noise) all hell would break loose. Not only zombies would move toward that location, but the difficulty would increase! BTW... by 'problem' I mean 'the best part'. He said that you could play a game trying to sneak in, or by killing everyone in sight... one is slower and the other one is deadlier. I think that is a great thing... it should be like that!

In term of Special Characters making the 'regular' Survivors obsolete, the game 'experts' said that some of them increase the game difficulty quickly. The game difficulty increases based on the # of kills an individual character makes... when anyone reaches the next level, the game becomes harder. The difficulty is determined by colored zones; blue, yellow, orange, red. So a character may increase from blue to yellow after 12 kills, but another after 5 kills. So there may be a balance about all this.

Also, when a survivor increases level he/she gains some skills (more movement, damage, etc). Some special character start with awesome skills, but do not gain much... or is very hard to advance. For example, El Cholo goes from blue to yellow in 6 kills, but stays in orange like for 25 kills. You may find yourself in a disadvantage quickly... the game maybe at range difficulty (more zombies!!) and you have not gained a level yet. Good luck surviving!

So... it seems it will be a great game!
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
Daemonicus

Daemonicus

PostSubject: Re: Kickstarter: Zombies, anyone? Zombicide   Kickstarter: Zombies, anyone? Zombicide - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2012 10:19 am

I finally made my pledge.

Got the Abomination and all 5 special characters
Back to top Go down
Da Bank

Da Bank

PostSubject: Re: Kickstarter: Zombies, anyone? Zombicide   Kickstarter: Zombies, anyone? Zombicide - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2012 10:28 am

Arggh! I am thinking about Abomination and the four new models (8 counting the zombie counterpart). Eva, Marvin, Ivy and Claudia. That is $230 total. Ouch.
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Kickstarter: Zombies, anyone? Zombicide   Kickstarter: Zombies, anyone? Zombicide - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2012 11:00 am

Da Bank wrote:
Arggh! I am thinking about Abomination and the four new models (8 counting the zombie counterpart). Eva, Marvin, Ivy and Claudia. That is $230 total. Ouch.
Abomination (includes Eagle, CB Samurai & Troy Promo Characters with Zombie Counterparts) = $100
Kickstarter: Zombies, anyone? Zombicide - Page 4 Menu-template

4 Promo Characters (Eva, Marvin, Ivy & Claudia) WITH Zombie Counterparts = $40 ($10 each)
Kickstarter: Zombies, anyone? Zombicide - Page 4 Side-Dishes
This is $140

If you add the two Battlefoam Trays Package, then it goes up to $180.

5,085 Backers
$756,451 pledged of $20,000 goal
83 minutes to go

Back to top Go down
Da Bank

Da Bank

PostSubject: Re: Kickstarter: Zombies, anyone? Zombicide   Kickstarter: Zombies, anyone? Zombicide - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2012 11:06 am

I decided against Abmonation (2 sets) as I forgot I backed Zpocalypse and i have another 40+ zombies coming.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/greenbriergames/zpocalypse-an-epic-zombie-survival-board-game?ref=live

Yea, you are correct, MORD. I meant Survivor Survivor - 2 x Abomination. I got confused.

I am getting Abomination and the four cool minis(plus zombie counterpart for $10 each and giving me a total of $140.

I want the battlefoam but will wait. I am sure they will sell it later.
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Kickstarter: Zombies, anyone? Zombicide   Kickstarter: Zombies, anyone? Zombicide - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2012 12:26 pm

Final update...

5,257 Backers raising $781,472 pledged of $20,000 goal!

Amazing!
Back to top Go down
Da Bank

Da Bank

PostSubject: Re: Kickstarter: Zombies, anyone? Zombicide   Kickstarter: Zombies, anyone? Zombicide - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2012 3:50 pm

Wow!

I must saw kick starter can be a good idea for some companies. I am sure not all companies that do this do as well as this and smart to have a low starter goal.

Now, need to set back and wait for the games to arrive.
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Kickstarter: Zombies, anyone? Zombicide   Kickstarter: Zombies, anyone? Zombicide - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2012 6:23 pm

I agree. On this topic (zombie board game), I don't imagine that there are many investors willing to drop $20 or $40k on this. I can't see Hasbro, Mattel, Playmates Toys, LeapFrog Enterprises, etc. executives being 1/100th as excited as the LEAST excited person that pledged in Kickstarter. We (players) know that a great sculpt model is sold for at least $15 and some for $25, but we know it should be ~$12. We all know CMoN... great gathering for OUR hobby (besides this forum! Just Kidding ) and in recent years they have backed amateur sculpts (in the sense of NOT produced by a big company, yet incredible model!) to have a limited run. Someone produces a weird model (like a Monkey with a Flamethrower... damn, I'm still looking for that one!) but knows that it has a limited appeal. The people of CMoN produce a run of 500 copies... enough to satisfy most of the freaks, while enough to make some money. Not much, but some. They tried to replicate the same thing (trying to break even or little profit), but they found 5,258 freaks willing to give them an average of $148 each by offering an awesome deal (game, with 122 models, plus T-Shirt and other goodies).

Good deal for everyone!

Also... the WiP of Eva...
Kickstarter: Zombies, anyone? Zombicide - Page 4 P1130095_resize
Back to top Go down
Da Bank

Da Bank

PostSubject: Re: Kickstarter: Zombies, anyone? Zombicide   Kickstarter: Zombies, anyone? Zombicide - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2012 8:22 pm

@ Mord

True, they (CMON and the designers for Zombicide) knew how to market and what to do to get people involved (us). It was like "shoot'in fish in a barrel" for them. As people where shelling out $148 (noted by you above) on a new game that no one has played or touched but yet we give them our money. LOL.

I do agree with their thoughts that they designed this game as all the other zombie games were "lacking" and I have to agree. I have purchased several of them and the mechanics, models or lack of models made the game unrealistic.

Eva (Kill Bill) is looking good. I really want the Bruce Willis and El Cholo!
Back to top Go down
Lord GreyWolf

Lord GreyWolf

PostSubject: Re: Kickstarter: Zombies, anyone? Zombicide   Kickstarter: Zombies, anyone? Zombicide - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2012 11:28 pm

This has been an amazing journey from finding the Zombicide KS page.. to finally dipping into my $$$ to pledge the Abomination level and get the four extra
minis.

Eva, Marvin, Ivy, Claudia,

I was going to get the tiles but considering Da Bank pointed out to me we get a map editor I dropped them to get the two new Girlies.

This was my first ever Kick starter program and I am REALLY looking forward to it.

the next one I am going to be watching is the one from Impact Miniatures Roller Derby game. It should be interesting.

Cheers
LGW

Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Kickstarter: Zombies, anyone? Zombicide   Kickstarter: Zombies, anyone? Zombicide - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2012 12:44 am

Lord GreyWolf wrote:
I was going to get the tiles but considering Da Bank pointed out to me we get a map editor I dropped them to get the two new Girlies.
Same here. I predict that there will be TONS of new fan-made Scenarios (some good, some bad), many of them will include 'new' tiles. After a while, the company may compile them all in one 'fan favorite' expansion, print the tiles in good cardboard, throw in a couple of their scenarios with a couple of models... BAM! More crap to buy! Just Kidding
Back to top Go down
Da Bank

Da Bank

PostSubject: Re: Kickstarter: Zombies, anyone? Zombicide   Kickstarter: Zombies, anyone? Zombicide - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2012 8:50 pm

Daemonicas: Congrats! I missed your post that you jumped in also. Very cool.
Back to top Go down
Lord GreyWolf

Lord GreyWolf

PostSubject: Re: Kickstarter: Zombies, anyone? Zombicide   Kickstarter: Zombies, anyone? Zombicide - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2012 9:02 pm

I now have an empty void in my life....

I miss my KS Zombicide updates, the thrill of the journey, the mile stones.... its all gone now....

WHAT WILL I DO????????????????????????????

LGW
Back to top Go down
Da Bank

Da Bank

PostSubject: Re: Kickstarter: Zombies, anyone? Zombicide   Kickstarter: Zombies, anyone? Zombicide - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon May 07, 2012 9:05 pm

LGW: The ride isn't quite over. Zombicide just sent me a message to fill out a survery (all backers will be getting one) and you can still buy more stuff.

If you didn't add enough they wiill let you order more stuff and then they will contact you for additional payment methods.

Argggh! I am thinking if I should get anything else.
Back to top Go down
Lord GreyWolf

Lord GreyWolf

PostSubject: Re: Kickstarter: Zombies, anyone? Zombicide   Kickstarter: Zombies, anyone? Zombicide - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2012 6:01 am

Is anyone else going to add more stuff once we get the next stage of communication? [eg the email to confirm our order]

When you get that email they are going to let you add or delete stuff from that pledge....

Whoop whoop I am going to be adding more shizz... I can get my extra set of tiles now.

LGW
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: Kickstarter: Zombies, anyone? Zombicide   Kickstarter: Zombies, anyone? Zombicide - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2012 8:47 am

As great as the zombicide deal is, I'm sticking with what I've already got (I'm in enough trouble over the £100+ on a silly zombie game).

Laney
Back to top Go down
Da Bank

Da Bank

PostSubject: Re: Kickstarter: Zombies, anyone? Zombicide   Kickstarter: Zombies, anyone? Zombicide - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2012 8:57 am

Like Laney, I declined to purchase anymore product. I am spending $140 and I also purchased the zpocalypse game also earlier for $75 or $215 in zombie games within 2 weeks. I am tapped out on zombie purchases. LOL.

I am excited about all the zombie miniatures as I wanted zombies but the cost to buy them from GW is quite expensive.
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Kickstarter: Zombies, anyone? Zombicide   Kickstarter: Zombies, anyone? Zombicide - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2012 9:08 am

"Tap out on Zombies" ... HA! Great expression! Just Kidding

We could all make a HUGE Nurgle or Undead army! Shocked
Back to top Go down
Da Bank

Da Bank

PostSubject: Re: Kickstarter: Zombies, anyone? Zombicide   Kickstarter: Zombies, anyone? Zombicide - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2012 9:23 am

Mordheimer wrote:
"Tap out on Zombies" ... HA! Great expression! Just Kidding

We could all make a HUGE Nurgle or Undead army! Shocked

Mord that is a great idea and now more work for us. LOL

Seriously, I believe this will help me work on my renegade squad as Skeller made that cool Renegade PE 2012 so it looks like I will try to have one by this Fall.
Back to top Go down
Da Bank

Da Bank

PostSubject: Re: Kickstarter: Zombies, anyone? Zombicide   Kickstarter: Zombies, anyone? Zombicide - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 7:26 pm

Latest Molds

Kickstarter: Zombies, anyone? Zombicide - Page 4 3

Kickstarter: Zombies, anyone? Zombicide - Page 4 4

Kickstarter: Zombies, anyone? Zombicide - Page 4 2

Kickstarter: Zombies, anyone? Zombicide - Page 4 1
Back to top Go down
Lord GreyWolf

Lord GreyWolf

PostSubject: Re: Kickstarter: Zombies, anyone? Zombicide   Kickstarter: Zombies, anyone? Zombicide - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2012 3:03 pm

I have just completed my Zombicide email update and I added on an extra set of tiles....

Roll on SEPTEMBER!!!!!!!

can't wait till this game arrives its going to be WICKED, AWESOME!!!!!!

what did you lot add to your Zombicide pledge?

LGW
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: Kickstarter: Zombies, anyone? Zombicide   Kickstarter: Zombies, anyone? Zombicide - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2012 6:33 pm

I went with the four extra minis (and their zombie counterparts) - that made the extra $40 + $25 on p&p on top of the $100 pledge rewards (I couldn't stretch to more tiles - maybe It will get an expansion).

Laney:D
Back to top Go down
Da Bank

Da Bank

PostSubject: Re: Kickstarter: Zombies, anyone? Zombicide   Kickstarter: Zombies, anyone? Zombicide - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 1:51 pm

LGW: nice.

Laney: great for you. The four minis are worth it as they are very unique.
Back to top Go down
Lord GreyWolf

Lord GreyWolf

PostSubject: Re: Kickstarter: Zombies, anyone? Zombicide   Kickstarter: Zombies, anyone? Zombicide - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2012 2:41 am

@Laney

LOL thought you weren't going to add anything more hahahaha

@Da Bank

So nothing more for you?

LGW
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Kickstarter: Zombies, anyone? Zombicide   Kickstarter: Zombies, anyone? Zombicide - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2012 9:23 am

I'm waiting for Dozer... he mentioned he may wanted something. One last chance for him... hehehe...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kickstarter: Zombies, anyone? Zombicide   Kickstarter: Zombies, anyone? Zombicide - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kickstarter: Zombies, anyone? Zombicide
Page 4 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next