Death Squads Game Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kickstarter: Zombies, anyone? Zombicide

Go down 
+5
Mordheimer
Narcissus
Laney
Lord GreyWolf
Da Bank
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

Kickstarter: Zombies, anyone? Zombicide - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kickstarter: Zombies, anyone? Zombicide   Kickstarter: Zombies, anyone? Zombicide - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 9:58 am

I think I'm going to bite too... WAY too many models and cool story.
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
Da Bank

Da Bank

PostSubject: Re: Kickstarter: Zombies, anyone? Zombicide   Kickstarter: Zombies, anyone? Zombicide - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 11:08 am

The models seem great for what it is.

This is going to be a fun part and I am thinking some cool scenarios are in store.
Back to top Go down
Lord GreyWolf

Lord GreyWolf

PostSubject: Re: Kickstarter: Zombies, anyone? Zombicide   Kickstarter: Zombies, anyone? Zombicide - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 12:53 pm

went to bed last night and we were on $326k wake up 6 hours latter and we have reached $346k we now have ZOMBIE CHAZ!!!!!!!

I wonder what now? with 71 hours to go can we get to 400k?

LGW
Back to top Go down
Da Bank

Da Bank

PostSubject: Re: Kickstarter: Zombies, anyone? Zombicide   Kickstarter: Zombies, anyone? Zombicide - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 2:05 pm

LOL,it is looking like they will come close to $400,000. That is crazy.

I am hoping they do something cool for the backers since we blew out the lastest stretch goal.

We are at $351,000 at the moment.
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Kickstarter: Zombies, anyone? Zombicide   Kickstarter: Zombies, anyone? Zombicide - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 2:21 pm

Which place are you looking at?!?!
Back to top Go down
Da Bank

Da Bank

PostSubject: Re: Kickstarter: Zombies, anyone? Zombicide   Kickstarter: Zombies, anyone? Zombicide - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 2:26 pm

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/coolminiornot/zombicide

This program is still active and at $353,000.00
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: Kickstarter: Zombies, anyone? Zombicide   Kickstarter: Zombies, anyone? Zombicide - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 3:29 pm

Hey LGW - how do I add the $25 p and p (I can't find it on the site)

Laney:D
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Kickstarter: Zombies, anyone? Zombicide   Kickstarter: Zombies, anyone? Zombicide - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 03, 2012 10:30 pm

I took the pledge too! It is ridiculous not to. At this point ($382,793) you get 110 models for $100... $0.91 per model. To that, add the tiles, cards, dice, rules, etc for "free". I added for the Battle Foam and the Eva & Marvin minis. I look at it as getting tons of models for $1.43 each... and a free game that includes nice foam to protect the insides. Just Kidding

Thanks for getting me in trouble. Very Happy

Laney wrote:
You have to increase the support. For example, if you pledge $100, you get the Abomination... if you want the 2 models, you have to pledge $120. In your case, pledging $125 gets you the Abomination Package and Shipping. If you already pledged, then you could click on "Manage Pledge" to edit the amount.

EDIT: They raised $4,409 (for a total of $387,202) in less than 2 hours. CRAZY! Shocked
Back to top Go down
Daemonicus

Daemonicus

PostSubject: Re: Kickstarter: Zombies, anyone? Zombicide   Kickstarter: Zombies, anyone? Zombicide - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 1:26 am

I'm really tempted with this. Currently looking for aother boardgame to play with my friends. Also a singleplayer game.

Tempting, tempting... Only to Sunday to decide.
Back to top Go down
Lord GreyWolf

Lord GreyWolf

PostSubject: Re: Kickstarter: Zombies, anyone? Zombicide   Kickstarter: Zombies, anyone? Zombicide - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 3:03 am

well its great day for Zombicide backers.

I left to go to work this morning and its at $346k now I get home to find its at $394k WHOOP WHOOP

now they have added another stretch... not sure who or what this character is but from what I have heard he is really popular and famous.

57 hours to go GET IN NOW!!!!!!

Kickstarter: Zombies, anyone? Zombicide - Page 2 Stretch-450k-CBSamurai

From the shrouded mists of ancient feudal Japan emerges the Cardboard Tube Samurai, itching to test his legendary weapon and skills against the undead hordes. Will the hero fall to a foe as implacable as he?

This is the official Penny Arcade Cardboard Tube Samurai: Zombicide edition, and his counterpart, the Zombie Cardboard Tube Samurai. If we hit this stretch, everyone who pledges Abomination and above ($100) will receive both versions for each boxed game! Ships together with the Zombie Promo Survivors (est Q2 2013).

The Samurai and his Zombie self will also be available at future PAX events. So you know, no pressure.

Here's the concept that will go for sculpting if we hit our goal! Concept by Jacopo Camagni!

Kickstarter: Zombies, anyone? Zombicide - Page 2 Cbs
Back to top Go down
Lord GreyWolf

Lord GreyWolf

PostSubject: Re: Kickstarter: Zombies, anyone? Zombicide   Kickstarter: Zombies, anyone? Zombicide - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 3:22 am

Laney wrote:

Laney:D

just add it to your pledge

So if your going to get the:

$100 Abomination Pack
$10 Eva/Zombie Eva
$10 Marvin/Zombie Marvin
$20 Extra tiles
$25 p&p

$165USD
that is the amount you would enter for your pledge...

you will then be sent a survey once its been funded to select what you want to get. Eg Eva, Marvin, p&p, tiles. etc etc...

hope that helps

LGW

Back to top Go down
Daemonicus

Daemonicus

PostSubject: Re: Kickstarter: Zombies, anyone? Zombicide   Kickstarter: Zombies, anyone? Zombicide - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 3:33 am

How long will it take for them to start shipping the game after the pledge ends on sunday?
Back to top Go down
Lord GreyWolf

Lord GreyWolf

PostSubject: Re: Kickstarter: Zombies, anyone? Zombicide   Kickstarter: Zombies, anyone? Zombicide - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 3:37 am

Daemonicus wrote:
How long will it take for them to start shipping the game after the pledge ends on sunday?

that's the down side of it....

earliest its going to be sent out is August, September or as late as October....

that is due to the production run. Also the bonus "Eagle" Chaz, Eva Durnam, Marvin Redfield and their zombie versions won't be sent until next year
second quarter. [So April to June]

But you will get the core box set, the three extra survivors Nick Walker, El Cholo, Dave the Geek, plus all of the goodies they offered on the stretch goals.
the dice, extra zombies. etc etc

I can wait its not really that long...

Cheers
LGW
Back to top Go down
Da Bank

Da Bank

PostSubject: Re: Kickstarter: Zombies, anyone? Zombicide   Kickstarter: Zombies, anyone? Zombicide - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 6:45 am

Up until Chuck Norris as a character and zombie character I was happy but the latest stretch goal to $450,000 is little to no imagination. I am still backing the game as for $100 plus $20 for Eva and Marvin it is still a good buy.

Just disappointed that the game makers were unable to come up with something better than Penny Arcade guy with a cardboard tube?
Back to top Go down
Lord GreyWolf

Lord GreyWolf

PostSubject: Re: Kickstarter: Zombies, anyone? Zombicide   Kickstarter: Zombies, anyone? Zombicide - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 7:00 am

Da Bank wrote:
Up until Chuck Norris as a character and zombie character I was happy but the latest stretch goal to $450,000 is little to no imagination. I am still backing the game as for $100 plus $20 for Eva and Marvin it is still a good buy.

Just disappointed that the game makers were unable to come up with something better than Penny Arcade guy with a cardboard tube?

I agree BUT there are some reasoning behind the decision to add him.

1] Penny Arcade said YES to having a miniature made of their FAMOUS character. <---- who is this guy???????????????
2] All Penny arcade fans and fans of that character MAY now join the Zombicide KS group. <----- the track record does add to this. it is a major factor!!!
3] It was proven once the announcement was made on Penny arcade about the game the pledges sky rocketed.
4] it cost them nothing to get this character as Penny arcade will most likely get the molds for this guy.

its a ploy to get more $$$ and I was a little disappointed as I have no idea who he is but my Ebay account will find him a new home soon enough. I am happy with the rest of the swag now its just a matter of time we have to wait for it.

Cheers
LGW
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Kickstarter: Zombies, anyone? Zombicide   Kickstarter: Zombies, anyone? Zombicide - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 8:46 am

The Cardboard Tube Samurai was a side-though on a Penny Arcade webcomic. It is about these two guys (nerdy kids) and web/console/comic/gaming humor. One of the guys finds a cardboard tube and plays he is a Samurai... just like we did with our 'lightsabers'. It was mildly funny... but many comics later, there was a 'manga-style' comic depicting the kid as a great Samurai. Very well drawn and scripted. It was like seeing a merge of The Bride, MD Geist and Chuck... unbeatable. The 'joke' was that instead of a sword, he had the cardboard tube.

Really... NOT that great.

I think that LGW is right, it is a good move to bring more backers. There are some large posable figures that sell for $50 each and people don't seem to get enough. With this 'move' they bring LOTS of fan that may have not know about the project (web comics do not necessarily follow miniature wargaming circles) but do like sci-fi (we all love zombies... we are a bunch of necrophilic bastards!)

MY personal beef? I would had put him as an earlier reward (let's say $400k) and put another model (at $475k) like... Scarface! "Say hello to my little friend!" That way you attract the Penny Arcade fans and when they spread the news about his beloved (stupid) Cardboard Tube Samurai, they will mention Scarface... which would attract OTHER type of fans. They could break the 500k with ease.

BTW... $408,489 and 51 hours to go. INSANE!
Back to top Go down
Da Bank

Da Bank

PostSubject: Re: Kickstarter: Zombies, anyone? Zombicide   Kickstarter: Zombies, anyone? Zombicide - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 9:42 am

You guys are right, it does bring in more backers and from a business point of view very smart.

Yes, Rambo, Scarface, and others would be great or some other cool cards and etc.

Agreed, another fatty or abom guy would be great as these guys have some very cool potential.
Back to top Go down
Da Bank

Da Bank

PostSubject: Re: Kickstarter: Zombies, anyone? Zombicide   Kickstarter: Zombies, anyone? Zombicide - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 3:38 pm

Ok butter cookies, Batman! They just broke $463,000. The cardboard samurai character will be given to those who gave $100 or more and his undead version.

LOL< I don't believe it.
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Kickstarter: Zombies, anyone? Zombicide   Kickstarter: Zombies, anyone? Zombicide - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 3:49 pm

Goal Achieved!!! Right now they have $465,639 in pledges! Shocked
Back to top Go down
Daemonicus

Daemonicus

PostSubject: Re: Kickstarter: Zombies, anyone? Zombicide   Kickstarter: Zombies, anyone? Zombicide - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 4:44 pm

Next one is 550,000 and zombified Claudia and Ivy are the prizes should you buy the normal ones.
Back to top Go down
Da Bank

Da Bank

PostSubject: Re: Kickstarter: Zombies, anyone? Zombicide   Kickstarter: Zombies, anyone? Zombicide - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 6:45 pm

Great! Two more models to buy and another $20. LOL....I need to sell some stuff on ebay to buy for the next items.

They are at $501,000.
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Kickstarter: Zombies, anyone? Zombicide   Kickstarter: Zombies, anyone? Zombicide - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 7:21 pm

Damn... $506,830!!!
Back to top Go down
Da Bank

Da Bank

PostSubject: Re: Kickstarter: Zombies, anyone? Zombicide   Kickstarter: Zombies, anyone? Zombicide - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2012 7:43 pm

These guys have got to be going crazy with this much money for a start up.

Can't wait to get but going to be a few months away...sigh
Back to top Go down
Da Bank

Da Bank

PostSubject: Re: Kickstarter: Zombies, anyone? Zombicide   Kickstarter: Zombies, anyone? Zombicide - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2012 1:01 am

$537,000. Looks like they will reach $550,000
Back to top Go down
Lord GreyWolf

Lord GreyWolf

PostSubject: Re: Kickstarter: Zombies, anyone? Zombicide   Kickstarter: Zombies, anyone? Zombicide - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2012 2:39 am

$544k now and I so want the two new minis..... AARRRGGGGHHHH!!!!!

Looks like I won't be getting the extra tiles then..... four more minis instead.

Cheers
LGW

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kickstarter: Zombies, anyone? Zombicide   Kickstarter: Zombies, anyone? Zombicide - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kickstarter: Zombies, anyone? Zombicide
Page 2 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next