Death Squads Game Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster

Go down 
+10
Dysturbed
Da Bank
mudboy
Narcissus
ClausLars
DeafNala
Gatlag Stonetooth
Mordheimer
Laney
Lord GreyWolf
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster   Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 12:00 am

Progress report: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster

1,449 Backers
$229,651 pledged of $20,000 goal
18 days to go

OK... so we have a cool game, with nice tiles and 83 models for $100. That comes down to $1.21 per model. Not a bad deal. You can add 2 cool models (Dr. Ripley & Strain) for $10. That ups the model count to $1.30 per model. You could add terrain (70 pieces of very cool terrain!) for $30 more. The price per model goes down to $0.90. You can add the Lights Out Campaign Pack for $50, adding 15 glow in the dark Strain models and 11 transparent Vanguard models. The cost of the pledge would be $160, and the cost per model (181 in total) would be $0.89 per model. If the pledges reach $240k, there would be 2 more glow-in-the-dark Strain models and transparent Kara and Ripley. That would reduce the cost per model to $0.87.

What is the coolest part? SOLO CAMPAIGN! That is what is tempting me... I still don't have the 'must have' item, but I need to start looking for $160.

For me, pledging have changed from a matter of IF to a matter of WHEN. Little Frustrated
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
sultansean

sultansean

PostSubject: Re: Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster   Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 1:03 am

Do you like the "glow in the dark" models I'm not sure what the idea is behind them but I think they look sort of silly, although I guess if I spray painted them they would not look any different.
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster   Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 1:59 am

I like the opticamo set and the stratch goal add an extra character of each - that is cool. But the extra $50 for the set seems a bit steep. $30 I might be tempted, but my pledge stay as it is for now. The extra tank at $270K stretch would be cool though (and possibly tempt me to an extra $30.

Not a fan of the glow in the dark stuff.

Laney
Back to top Go down
Lord GreyWolf

Lord GreyWolf

PostSubject: Re: Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster   Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 2:18 am

not sure about the next lot of offers.

Solo campaign + glow in the dark strain and clear [optical] Vanguard,
$50 combined pack [Vanguard+Strain] <---- "Lights Out Pack"
$30 Vanguard pack
$30 Strain pack

So if you get the full pack you save $10.

then if/when we get to $240k we get more glow in the dark stuff or optical vanguard.
once we get to $270k we get another drone tank which I am sort of happy about.

So my issue is do I pledge for the Terrain [which I can still buy latter for $40USD, or get the "Lights out Pack".

Biohazard $100
International postage $25
Dr Ridley $10
Lights out pack $50

Total: $185USD [$240NZD]

its not a small chunk by any means and if they keep on adding in "Special Add on packs" I am going to be royally screwed.
Ridley is on done via the KS/Conventions ONLY
The Terrain is purchasable at a latter date.
Lights Out campaign minis KS/Conventions ONLY

So It looks like I am going to have to increase my pledge by another $20USD if I want those Lights out minis....

Just not sure... much like you Laney....

I think I'll hold off for now leave it at Bio+int postage+terrain+ridley

Cheers
LGW
Back to top Go down
Da Bank

Da Bank

PostSubject: Re: Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster   Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 8:51 am

I am going to pass on the "glow" in the dark ones.
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster   Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 10:32 am

I don't mind any of the new models... the problem with me is that the out of pocket money is increasing. Sure, is bang for the buck... but $160 (more for those outside of the USA) is a lot of cash. If the main deal ($100) would get sweeter, it would push people to jump in. Nothing major... throw 5 pieces of Terrain (1 door, 1 corpse, 1 pod, 1 terminal), a generic Vanguard with the Opticamo, a Phase 1 glow-in-the-dark Strain. THEN people would be more inclined to pledge for the 'upgrades'... more terrain, more transparent and glow-in-the-dark models. At worse, people would hunt for those items LATER... "gee, I kindda like the terrain, let me buy the Terrain Pack for $40 + shipping."

The Solo Campaign is very cool... but let's face it... it is a PDF. How long until the PDF is available?

I think that what made Zombicide a huge success is that they were willing to add special characters that 'expand' the core game... from the very beginning. One of the goal of Sedition Wars is to expand with other box sets. In one of the videos suggest that other factions would be made (i.e. Rebels, etc.) How about adding 3 or 4 models of the Rebels and a short campaign. Kindda like a no-win Scenario... the Rebels were in an Escape Pod and docked with the Alabaster. They want to leave, but need to find another Escape Pod. They KNOW the Vanguard is there fighting the Strain and want to avoid them, to steal their ship. In this Campaign, the chance of success (final mission) should be very low... but the fun is to see how far the Rebels go.

It sets the precedent for future expansions (more money!) by giving a free sample of upcoming miniatures. This is what I'm talking about. No gimmicks (like glow-in-the-dark models) that I could reproduce with some paint (yes, they do sell glow-in-the-dark paint... but I rather paint OSL LINK) but actual expansion on the game.

Don't get me wrong... I'm debating HOW to pledge. In order to take advantage of all the Stretch Goals I have to invest $160... plus $30 more for the Terrain Pack! As I stand, I could get the Terrain for $30 and call it a day. If I pledge for the game ($100 more) I get a great game... but I would still be on the same boat as a week ago.... looking for the IT factor. Three days I go I was in a 'definite pass on this' spot. Today, I'm on the 'should I pledge' position.

My 2 cents.
Back to top Go down
Narcissus

Narcissus

PostSubject: Re: Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster   Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 2:19 am

When does the main game ship? I saw that Dr. Ridley and the terrain are March 2013. When does the game itself get sent out?

I am seriously considering this game. The mechanics look good and I like the sculpts and things. The rebel sculpts on their website look really good too. I will look forward to potential growth and expansions of the universe (of Sedition Wars that is).

It will be interesting to see how the game scales. It looks like this board game might be the launching point for a skirmish game and then maybe a full wargame. I would really love if the boardgame led into a nice skirmish game in the near future. With the amount of popularity we will have to see.

EDIT: Nevermind, I see now it is November 2012 for the game itself.
Back to top Go down
http://rustandthecity.blogspot.com/
Lord GreyWolf

Lord GreyWolf

PostSubject: Re: Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster   Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 2:35 am

The core box will be released around November 2012 while the extras eg Ridley, etc will be out with the new expansion which will be out some time in March 2013.

hope that helps.

LGW
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster   Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 7:19 am

1,511 Backers
$247,781 pledged of $20,000 goal
17 days to go

• 240k Stretch Goal: Achieved! Every Glow in the Dark Strain Pack gets an additional glow in the dark Scythe Witch and Brimstone and every Opticamo Pack gets a Opticamo Kara and the rest of the characters! (Don't have shots for the Opticamo characters yet, but you get the idea). The combined Lights Out Campaign Pack gets both rewards!
    Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster - Page 5 240k-Lights-out-Add-on

• 250k Stretch Goal: If we hit this stretch, Mike and Ali will put together a short painting tutorial to get your Battle for Alabaster miniature windfall into decent shape! Every Biohazard set will receive a DVD (region free) with a short tutorial specifically for this Kickstarter. Depending on space limitations, a HD version you can play on your computer will either be included or downloadable.
    Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster - Page 5 Painting_hands

• 270k Stretch Goal: The ever popular AI Drone gets a buddy! If we hit this stretch, every Biohazardset gets another Drone! Infect this nanofools! Comes unassembled and unpainted.
    Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster - Page 5 Float-Tank

My take? Hmmm... a painting video on a Region Free DVD? Nice little add on to a goodie bag, but not a must have item. Another Drone? The SAME Drone? Again, nice to have... not a must have item. I'm still undecided.
Back to top Go down
Narcissus

Narcissus

PostSubject: Re: Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster   Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 2:21 pm

Sorry if this has already been answered somewhere else.

Are these models hard plastic (like GW figures) or softer plastic (like most board game models)? Are the models single piece or multi-piece?

Here is some background about the Sedition Wars universe. It is a pretty interesting read.
Back to top Go down
Lord GreyWolf

Lord GreyWolf

PostSubject: Re: Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster   Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2012 1:19 am

Narcissus wrote:
Sorry if this has already been answered somewhere else.

Are these models hard plastic (like GW figures) or softer plastic (like most board game models)? Are the models single piece or multi-piece?

Here is some background about the Sedition Wars universe. It is a pretty interesting read.

Its no way near like the GW plastic its more like the Warmachine models.

Mulit-parts are mostly used, some have a couple while some of the bigger Strain have 5-6 pieces.

I think the vanguard are a couple of pieces [body and gun, maybe 3 parts as the head would be seperate.]

Cheers
LGW

Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster   Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 2:14 am

The drone is ours! $276,994 - 15 days to go! (if it does the same as zombicide towards the end it could be very exciting!).

Next stretch goal is another grendlr model (the biggest strain in the game) for $300K. We will hit that easily (so my question is what next?). One or two 'promotional models' like Dr Ridley would up the interest - or a new Sedition Wars character (perhaps - though it seems very unlikely - a firebrand rebel model or two).

Cheers Laney
Back to top Go down
Narcissus

Narcissus

PostSubject: Re: Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster   Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 2:19 am

Laney-I was just about to post it too! Here is a picture of the Grendler instead.

Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster - Page 5 Grendler_4_ext

Some firebrand models would definitely be a great bonus. A small tile expansion (corridors or more rooms) or some plastic terrain included at the Biohazard level would be great.

On boardgamegeek there is a thread where the game developer, Rob Baxter (I think), answers gameplay questions. Apparently models will interact with the terrain in game. They can shoot the turret, use a communication system, and do other actions. The terrain will be a pretty cool addition.
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster   Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2012 9:28 am

$300K goal reached. The Grendlr is ours!

They've put a new firebrand mini up for an extra $10 - just like they did for ridley and the zombicide minis. The stretch goal is $330K for the strain version as well.

The mini is cool and new, but the best bit is the mention of firebrand - does this bode well for future firebrand related stretches?

At Biohazard level now you get...

Basic game
  • 50 highly detailed 28mm miniatures
  • 50 Scenic miniature bases
  • 5 double sided full colour expandable game boards
  • 60 page rules and scenario book
  • Vanguard and Strain stat cards
  • 100+ full colour game counters

Every normal set ($80) has been upgraded with:
  • plastic counters,
  • alternate Vanguard Trooper sculpt
  • alternate Strain Phase 1 Sculpt
  • Barker Zosa, an elite heavy weapons Vanguard character!
  • Downloadable campaign

In addition to the above, every Biohazard set ($100) now ships with 81 miniatures!:
  • A resin limited edition Kara,
  • 12 additional Vanguard troopers
  • 12 additional Strain Phase 1 and Phase 2
  • 2 additional Phase 3 Brimstone
  • 2 additional Phase 3 Scythe Witch
  • 1 additional AI Drone
  • 1 additional Grendlr
  • Six custom dice
  • DVD Painting Guide

Cheers Laney
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster   Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2012 1:47 pm

1,849 Backers
$308,017 pledged of $20,000 goal
13 days to go

In addition to what Laney posted (THANKS!!!) you can BUY:
  • More Dice: $10
  • Terrain Pack: 70 pieces of Terrain for $30
  • Dr Susan Ridley Miniature: $10 IF you pledge at Biohazard ($100) level, you get her Strain Version.
  • Glow in the Dark Strain: 15 glow-in-the-dark Strain models for $30. IF you pledge at Biohazard ($100) level, you get 2 additional models.
  • Opticamo Vanguard: 11 transparent Vanguard models for $30. IF you pledge at Biohazard ($100) level, you get an Opticamo Kara and the rest of the characters you buy.
  • Lights Out Campaign Pack: Both Glow in the Dark Strain and Opticamo Vanguard for $50. IF you pledge at Biohazard ($100) level, their rewards also apply.
  • Niven Banks Miniature: $10. IF you pledge at Biohazard ($100) level (and pledges reach $330k), you get his Strain Version.

IMHO, the Terrain is a must buy; add $30. So the minimum package, bang-for-the-buck pledge $130. The special miniatures (and Strain versions) are nice... so add $20. That makes pushes the pledge to $150. If you like the glow-in-the-dark or the transparent models, you may as well get both for $50... that is a total of $200 pledge. Personally, for me $30 is a done deal. A pledge of $130 is doable (since I get a nice game), $150 is pushing it and $200 out of range. Unless they sweeten the Biohazard level, it is hard to justify the jump of $100. A few 'tribute' Characters and Strain versions or some 'unique' tiles would push me over the edge. After pledging for the Biohazzard version, I may as well order other characters. I mean, if I pledge $130, I may as well go for the $150. If they add a Glow-in-the-Dark Strain Character and an Opticamo Vanguard Character (who's rules are on the special packages) to the Biohazzard pledge, I could be convinced to buy the $50 package.

I will keep watching...
I keep watching. I want to know what
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster   Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2012 6:54 pm

I'm currently in for $165 ($25 p and p), with ridley or niven and the terrain pack. I want to see what else they are putting out there before increasing any pledge. I agree the terrain is a must have, the niven model is nice, but I prefer ridley.

I want...

More tiles (without paying more!)

Some free firebrand characters

I would also like to see alternative sculpts (even if they cost a little extra).

Cheers Laney
Back to top Go down
Lord GreyWolf

Lord GreyWolf

PostSubject: Re: Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster   Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2012 8:43 pm

I am down for the following

1x Biohazard [$100]
1x Ridley [$10]
1x Terrain pack [$30]
1x Niven [$10]
1x postage [$25]

has me at $175USD. Though I am tempted to swap out the Terrain and get the lights out pack [$50].
I can then add in the Terrain pack when they send out the final email. At least then I get all of the KS only minis.

Will wait and see though still a long way to go till it ends.

LGW
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster   Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2012 9:32 pm

1,866 Backers
$312,321 pledged of $20,000 goal
12 days to go

I agree with you Lany. If they add few NEW more tiles (3-4) on the Biohazard pledge and few 'teaser models' for future expansions... WOW! I would be hooked! I read some of the people who pledge submitting comments about not including models from future expansions. That (IMHO) is crap. If I play, I could use Guardsmen to represent Vanguard if I want (or my IG looked has as cool as Laney's!)... so using a Firebrand soldier model as a Vanguard until the official expansion arrives. THEN I would be VERY tempted to get the expansion, not only because it would be cool, but because I have a classic miniature that was only available at the original Kickstarter.

Once I bite the full thing ($100 pledge) I will fall for other little stuff.

Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster - Page 5 Characters-camo
Some WiP Opticamo Vanguard on the optional Opticamo Pack (and thus, Lights Out Pack)... Barker is in there too!
I only wished they have used a darker (grey) background. Models look good... maybe with a blue wash?
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster   Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 7:18 am

Sorry for the double post... UPDATE TIME! Very Happy

1,955 Backers
$328,725 pledged of $20,000 goal
11 days to go

They could soon hit the 330k mark and those who purchase the Niven Banks will be treated to its Strain version. For the next few stretch goal, they need to add to the Biohazard pledge, so mostly everyone gets something and the people like me who are waiting finally pledge.

I will keep watching...
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster   Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 11:10 am

$330K stretch beaten. The next thing up is the Cthonian (the strain main character model) - second copy and rules to play them both. For all Biohazard packs. Looks like it would make for an interesting Biomech/Tyranid style army.

Every Biohazard set will get another Cthonian model free, as well as a stats card to play the model as a Construct Assault Drone, slaved to the Cthonian! He (it?) won't be as infectious or as smart, but he'll (it'll) be just a shooty!

Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster - Page 5 360k-Cthonian

The extra tileset up to at $25 (very tempted). For now I'll not be spending any more - but they have 11 days to weaken my resolve!

Reminder, you don't need this to play the game, but since some of you asked for it....

Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster - Page 5 TilePack
An extra set of every tile in the game. Since they are double sided, a 2nd set will allow you to lay out map with every single unique design! This pack is just for the really dedicated gamers/hobbyists out there and is not necessary to enjoy the Battle for Alabaster.

Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster - Page 5 TilePack-shot
Cheers Laney
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster   Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 6:19 pm

They've added more stuff to take our money... Ramirez...

You rang for more characters?

Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster - Page 5 Ramirez
Sergeant Ramirez is as tough as they come, and an ace with the Reaver support weapon! Laying down accurate and thunderous suppressing fire is a specialty. Just don't talk back to the sarge! Enlist her for $10. Ships March 2013. Available only on Kickstarter and as a convention promo.

Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster - Page 5 Reaver_Trooper_Sgt_f
Back to top Go down
Lord GreyWolf

Lord GreyWolf

PostSubject: Re: Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster   Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 1:37 am

not bad.... nice mini should give them a good boost to the total.

BUT...........

Its with a heavy heart I have to inform you all of the most dire news....

I have withdrawn my pledge from SW:BFA.....

with some rather bad management I had already allocated my funds to another project that completely slipped my mind.

If my Hordes Legion army sells before the kickstarter ends I may jump back on but it doesn't look like it will.

Well you win some you loose some

good luck guys have fun with this.

I'm glad I got Zombicide

LGW
Back to top Go down
Narcissus

Narcissus

PostSubject: Re: Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster   Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 1:43 am

They will be ranting about you in the comments section ont he kickstarter... Hahaha. That is too bad LGW, but knowing your collection it won't be too long before you end up with a copy anyways...

The new character looks interesting. I think I will probably pledge for biohazard plus 1 or 2 models (and maybe terrain). I will see which are the most interesting when they are all up on the site. Resin sedition wars models are about $20 to order in North America (potentially plus shipping too) so 2 resin figures (regular and strain) for $10 is a deal comparatively.

I have a metal Sedition Wars Male drone coming by special order at the game store sometime in the next few weeks. I really want to paint it.
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster   Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 1:45 am

That sucks LGW - I wish you luck in selling your Legion army and can jump back in.

Laney

EDIT: $360K stretch reached. Chthonian unlocked. (next stretch is the strain Ramirez). The pace of pledgers is hotting up (at this rate it will break $500K pretty easily).
Back to top Go down
Lord GreyWolf

Lord GreyWolf

PostSubject: Re: Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster   Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster - Page 5 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 1:52 am

yeah but as a consolation prize in my other investment gives me

Super Dungeon explore for the kids and me to play.
So that will be fun.

LGW

Any one want to buy a Legion army?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster   Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster - Page 5 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster
Page 5 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next