Death Squads Game Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster

Go down 
+10
Dysturbed
Da Bank
mudboy
Narcissus
ClausLars
DeafNala
Gatlag Stonetooth
Mordheimer
Laney
Lord GreyWolf
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster   Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2012 10:50 am

I'm still not in... need time to make sure the game is right for me. I'm looking for a NICE game to bring the kids in. Zombicide is a game for ME and my hobby... this may be what I need, but not sure.

I need to be tempted. Just Kidding
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster   Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2012 1:55 pm

The models are ace - but I'm not sure this constitutes a 'nice' game for the kids Mord (but just look at those models!).

I think about whether a game will be suitable (eventually) for the kids and so far in my 'play when they get older stock', I've got... Space Hulk (Aliens), Zombicide (lots of Zombies), SW:Alabaster (Nanovirus zombies and monsters) and Incursion (Zombies, Werewolves and other unmentionables) (By Grindhouse Games). Needless to say none are very child friendly, so maybe I'll play Blood Bowl with them instead and keep investing in cool stuff until they get old enough!

Talisman - know there is a great game I might want to buy again (I had the 2nd Edition box and expansions - the pre-mini version), do fantasy flight still sell it?

Cheers Laney
Back to top Go down
Da Bank

Da Bank

PostSubject: Re: Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster   Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 28, 2012 3:55 pm

Arggh! More money to spend...this is killing me. LOL>
Back to top Go down
Lord GreyWolf

Lord GreyWolf

PostSubject: Re: Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster   Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 2:45 am

ok this is the game you WANT/NEED for the Mordlings

Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster - Page 2 SPM21101

retails for $89USD has an animated look in fact its like a video board game and has the arcade feel to it.
The review is from Tom Vasel. He is a prolific reviewer and its amazing to see so much enthusiasm from him regarding this game. Only thing he didn't like was the gluing of the miniatures and then having to paint them he prefers pre-constructed and painted minis.

I am getting this in August for my kids there are also three expansions due out. every time a shipment arrives it sells out they CAN NOT keep up with the demand. That is how popular this game is.

The over view is a Dungeon crawl with the usual characters, [Wizard, warrior etc etc] as you fight the enemies you gain exp and the chance to find gear. The easy thing is no tape measure as you count the squares.

Combat is dam easy each character rolls a combination of blue and red dice, count up the amount of stars and compare them against the amount rolled by the monster. [eg get one of the kids or even if you play the monsters and they hace the heroes.]

if you have more stars then the monster you deal 1 damage which is good cause most of them have 1 damage. then as you progress through the dungeon you fight against bigger and more dangerous monsters.

It looks great....

LGW
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster   Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 7:31 am

@ LGW: Link, please? Would get these for them NOW... the others for 'later' when they grow up a little. Maybe the oldest is ripe enough for Zombicide!
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
DeafNala

DeafNala

PostSubject: Re: Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster   Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 7:45 am

Here a link to the Super Dungeon Explorer at The War Store...you can save some $S there:

http://www.thewarstore.com/sodapopminiaturessuperdungeonexplore.html

clown

AND here's a link to C.M.o.N.:

http://www.coolminiornot.com/shop/boardgames/super-dungeon-explore-box-game.html

They have better pics.
Back to top Go down
Narcissus

Narcissus

PostSubject: Re: Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster   Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 1:33 pm

There are more pictures of the Sedition Wars models on the Studio McVey blog if you want to check them out. Here are a few linked pictures.

Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster - Page 2 Phase2_cmon

Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster - Page 2 Phase_1_cmon

Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster - Page 2 2863138
Back to top Go down
http://rustandthecity.blogspot.com/
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster   Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 1:48 pm

That is the greatest Nurgle squad ever made (I'm so excited)!

There was an email update today that showed the range of tiles - they look loads better than those shown in the sample (done by the guy who did Space Hulk 2nd Edition and lots of 40k cover art etc) and seem to go way beyond the basic three tiles shown on the main pic of the game.

Sorry I can't show pics (they are on my work email).

EDIT: $80K Stretch goal reached

Laney
Back to top Go down
Da Bank

Da Bank

PostSubject: Re: Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster   Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 11:02 pm

Do I need to spend $105 (25 plus 80) to get the special edition Kara and the reach goals?

Pledge $25 or more

27 Backers

Docking Bay - Kara special edition in resin, with a print of the cover art signed by Mike Mcvey.

Ships free!

Estimated Delivery:
Nov 2012

Pledge $80 or more

55 Backers

Quarantine Zone - A copy of the boxed game (MSRP $89.99) and a signed print of the cover art.

Ships free in the USA! Add $25 for international shipping.

Estimated Delivery:
Nov 2012
Back to top Go down
Lord GreyWolf

Lord GreyWolf

PostSubject: Re: Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster   Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 1:15 am

Quote :
PLEDGE $100 OR MORE YOU SELECTED
502 BACKERS
Biohazard! - Everything from the Quarantine Zone, a special edition Kara in resin, and a sexy Vanguard patch! Ships free in the USA! Add $25 for international shipping.
Estimated Delivery: Nov 2012

so for $100USD you get the boxed game, Kara, plus what ever stretch goal deals are offered.

so your Total would be $100USD = if you live in the U.S
so your Total would be $125USD = if you live outside the U.S

LGW
Back to top Go down
Da Bank

Da Bank

PostSubject: Re: Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster   Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 6:57 am

LGW: Thanks for clearing that up for me.
Back to top Go down
Gatlag Stonetooth

Gatlag Stonetooth

PostSubject: Re: Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster   Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 7:02 am

Wow! Those minis are just too awesome! Cool
Super Dungeon Explore sounds like a game I would love to play as well!
Do you own it LGW?
Back to top Go down
Da Bank

Da Bank

PostSubject: Re: Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster   Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 10:04 am

Man! I am going to have a metric "shitload" of zombies if I get this set. I have zombcide and zombie apocalypse coming this fall also.
Back to top Go down
Lord GreyWolf

Lord GreyWolf

PostSubject: Re: Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster   Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 12:54 pm

Gatlag Stonetooth wrote:
Wow! Those minis are just too awesome! Cool
Super Dungeon Explore sounds like a game I would love to play as well!
Do you own it LGW?

not yet!!!!! every time I try and buy the dam game it sells out. I got it on back order with my supplier from what I have heard restocks will be back in around August. also the three new expansions are coming out soon as well.

LGW

Back to top Go down
Gatlag Stonetooth

Gatlag Stonetooth

PostSubject: Re: Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster   Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 3:55 pm

Ok, I'm very curious to the response of a "real" person I know. Smile
So if you get your paws on a copy please inform me!
Back to top Go down
Dysturbed

Dysturbed

PostSubject: Re: Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster   Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 4:25 pm

Im so tempted by SDE now....Looks like a blast to paint. I love soda pop games stuff also though.
Would also love the zombies from Sedition wars for a nurgle squad.
Have to add some horns though.

I hope they sell them individually eventually:)
Back to top Go down
Da Bank

Da Bank

PostSubject: Re: Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster   Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 5:39 pm

It looks like on McVey Studio they sell the models individually.

Check it out.
Back to top Go down
Da Bank

Da Bank

PostSubject: Re: Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster   Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 10:13 pm

Go to this link and you can get prices for individual models.

http://studiomcvey.highwire.com/products/strain-resin-castings?pagesize=12
Back to top Go down
Dysturbed

Dysturbed

PostSubject: Re: Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster   Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed May 30, 2012 11:05 pm

wow almost cheaper to chip in on the game...
Back to top Go down
Lord GreyWolf

Lord GreyWolf

PostSubject: Re: Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster   Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2012 12:51 am

those minis on the McVey site you need to understand one very big thing in comparison to the board game.

the board game has PLASTIC minis
the web store has RESIN minis

just something to think about...

LGW
Back to top Go down
Dysturbed

Dysturbed

PostSubject: Re: Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster   Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2012 12:53 am

AHHH makes sense now.
Back to top Go down
mudboy

mudboy

PostSubject: Re: Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster   Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2012 9:52 am

Now that we are talking about this pledge thing there's a lot of interting stuff in there:

Zombie Playground: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/massiveblack/zombie-playground-zpg-3d-action-online-battle-rpg?ref=category

Mad God: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/madgod/phil-tippetts-mad-god?ref=popular
Back to top Go down
Lord GreyWolf

Lord GreyWolf

PostSubject: Re: Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster   Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2012 6:52 pm

$100,000k stretch goal ACHIEVED!!!!!!

whoop whoop!!!!

Blood Angel Blood Angel Dreadnought Dreadnought Blood Angel Blood Angel

LGW
Back to top Go down
Lord GreyWolf

Lord GreyWolf

PostSubject: Re: Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster   Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2012 7:23 pm

Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster - Page 2 SW-KS-Stretch-120k

What better way to celebrate having a cool new Strain sculpt than to haveTWELVE
additional Strain models? Every Biohazard set gets this additional pack of the horrors if we hit this stretch goal!

Check these guys out!

Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster - Page 2 SW-KS-Stretch-120k-Model-Shots
Back to top Go down
Da Bank

Da Bank

PostSubject: Re: Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster   Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 31, 2012 9:59 pm

More zombies.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster   Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster
Page 2 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next