Death Squads Game Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster

Go down 
+10
Dysturbed
Da Bank
mudboy
Narcissus
ClausLars
DeafNala
Gatlag Stonetooth
Mordheimer
Laney
Lord GreyWolf
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Lord GreyWolf

Lord GreyWolf

Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster   Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2012 6:20 am

yeah this game is SWEET...

you know you want to join in on the FUN!!!!

LGW
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster   Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2012 8:13 am

Damn you LGW!!! Damn you and your knack for research!!! Just Kidding Thanks for the info... looks good.
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
mudboy

mudboy

PostSubject: Re: Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster   Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2012 8:50 am

Cool! This will be an awesome game!
Back to top Go down
Lord GreyWolf

Lord GreyWolf

PostSubject: Re: Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster   Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2012 9:05 am

@Mord: You must buy Sedition Wars Battle for Alabaster. YOU will pledge or we'll give you a wedge

LGW
Head wedger
Back to top Go down
Da Bank

Da Bank

PostSubject: Re: Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster   Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2012 9:28 am

It would be great if I can match those(the tiles LGW posted) tiles up with Space Hulk tiles.

Like Mord, still waiting I need something more before I jump in. the human minis are OK, though Kara seems to be the best sculpted human model. The other alien/zombie see pretty cool.

Back to top Go down
Narcissus

Narcissus

PostSubject: Re: Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster   Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2012 2:50 pm

Here is a cool Sedition wars diorama.

Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster - Page 4 Dead_end_01

I have found some friends who I am playing a dungeon crawler game with this weekend. It has miniatures. Maybe I could use a game like this to slowly seduce them into playing other miniature games with me...
Back to top Go down
http://rustandthecity.blogspot.com/
Lord GreyWolf

Lord GreyWolf

PostSubject: Re: Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster   Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2012 4:38 pm

nice find

The game to me offers some thing different from Zombicide.

Zombicide is my Comic relief and fun game, while Sedition Wars will be my hard core lets waste Em' game.

I wasn't Originally going to get into Sedition wars it didn't seem to fit with what I wanted in a game but after reading up about Mike and Ali and their business [McVey Studios], listening to the vids, reading blogs, I came to understand the passion and drive that he and his wife have for the dream that is Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster.

To me it became more then a game but a journey that I am now a part of. I can now watch their hopes and dream gain momentum with each additional pledge.

What ever is given now as Stretch goals, rewards or even additional offers its all GOLD to me. I get a kick arse game that looks AMAZING the game play looks simple but offers the players so many tactical options. You can custom make your squad as each model has a points value. So you decide what you want [there will be min and max].

So for those who haven't pledge.... Go DO IT NOW!!!! you'll kick yourself for not doing it like so many of those who "watched" Zombicide and missed out. Don't let this slip out of your grasp and have regrets latter...

LGW
Back to top Go down
rhuntar

rhuntar

PostSubject: Re: Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster   Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 6:55 pm

Alright LGW. You convinced me. Well, the videos and likelyhood of 70+ sweet ass sci fi models also convinced me.

Also, by november, my fledgling gaming groups will have either blossomed or crashed and burned. If we've got a group going, Yay! New Game! If I'm gaming groupless, I'll need to justify thinking of myself as a collector/hobbyist with a bunch of cool models to paint.

Luckily, drops of Rhuntar tears work as a flow improver.

(I've got my second marathon of mordheim day tomorrow... We'll hopefully add some DS before too long, but i've got to paint my squads first!)
Back to top Go down
https://twitter.com/Oftheninefinger
Lord GreyWolf

Lord GreyWolf

PostSubject: Re: Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster   Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 7:06 pm

I have another one, my evil plan is working I shell have them ALL!!!!!

Good show ol chap...

well not far to the $170k stretch be interesting to see what's on for offer then.

Cheers
LGW

Back to top Go down
Lord GreyWolf

Lord GreyWolf

PostSubject: Re: Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster   Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2012 11:07 pm

Terrain $30

Terrain Pack - This was meant to be a set of resin models sold individually to "bling" out Alabaster station,
but with the overwhelming response we've decided to tool it in plastic and give you a 100% complete upgrade!
Check out what you get below, SEVENTY pieces of terrain! This is expected to ship in March 2013, ships free
anywhere in the world.

2 x Exocyst
2 x Necrocyst
2 x Macrophage
2 x Genstation
2 x Spore Engine
12 x Security Doors
12 x Normal Double Doors
12 x Narrow Doors
12 x Crates / Low cover / Terminals
2 x Teleport Control
2 x Havoc Defense Turret
2 x Auto-Doc
6 x Corpse

Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster - Page 4 Model-Group-Shot-Terrain

Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster - Page 4 SW-Extras-Dr.Ridley

Against all odds, Dr Susan Ridley has survived on Alabaster Station. Seemingly uninfected by the Strain,
and with a completely shell-shocked orphan in tow, perhaps the doctor can provide the Vanguard team some
insight as to what the hell is happening! $10, and Dr Ridley can lend her expertise to your team! In sculpting
now, and expected to ship in March. Dr Ridley is promotional figure and will be available only on Kickstarter
and at conventions.

Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster - Page 4 SW_scientist_f_s_small

and then:

Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster - Page 4 SW-KS-Stretch-190k

Mmm... it appears the good doctor wasn't as healthy as she first appeared! Or is this an insidious copy
designed to sow doubt and despair amongst the Vanguard?

If we hit this stretch, every unit of Dr Ridley will ship with a Strain infected version of her!
Ships at the same time as Dr Ridley!

Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster - Page 4 SW_scient_Strain_f_s_small

SO MORD IS THAT ENOUGH OF A REASON TO JUMP ON NOW?????

LGW
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster   Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2012 11:48 pm

Progress report: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster

1,286 Backers
$171,254 pledged of $20,000 goal
20 days to go

Me? Still waiting. Why? Because the price on the game just went up $40! Bling terrain is cool... but 3D stuff (like doors, pods, guns, etc.) is only useful is ALL the terrain is 3D. The fact that I have to shell $30 for it... meh. They should had made the $190k some terrain... maybe 3 of each door (total of 9 doors), 1 Exocyst, 1 Necrocyst and 1 Corpse. Then people (like me) would say... "Well, since I got some terrain but not enough... I buy the Terrain Pack!" Right now, I have no terrain... why would I like more. Saving $10 for something I obviously is just 'decoration' is not tempting. I tell you... they are missing the point. The terrain is awesome, but as it stands right now... COMPLETELY OPTIONAL. Throw in some and since I will need some more, I would BUY more.

The Riddley model is cool... for $10? OK! The 190k goal is to get the infected version of her... WHICH LOOKS NOTHING LIKE HER. Meh. Rather than selling her, they need to put several design as stretch goals. Look at Zombicide. Freaking Chuck Norris AND Zombie? Take Characters that we know and love... put them all there for Sale and add the infected versions for a Stretch goal. Riddley, Kirk, Spock, Riddick (YEAH!... I pledge in an instant!), James Cole (from the movie Twelve Monkeys), Jean-Luc Picard (his strain should look like the BORG!... again, I pledge without thought), the Serenity crew (from the Series and the Firefly movie!... hell, they got my pledge a third time!!!), Seth Brundle (from The Fly movie and the strain version should be Brundlefly - LINK), Leeloo (from The 5th Element... MULTI-PASS!), Doc Brown (from Back to the Future... screw Marty McFly...)

Engage our senses on SciFi... Once we get engaged with few 'cool' models (like in Zombicide) we will purchase more. That is why I pledged there... and that is how I will get engaged now. Putting more things that I don't need for sale... nah.

Will keep watching.
Back to top Go down
Lord GreyWolf

Lord GreyWolf

PostSubject: Re: Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster   Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2012 12:24 am

LOL MORD

each to their own....

If they add in any more I may have to drop off the Terrain as minis are more important to me then the Terrain. I am already at $215NZD on this game
More then what I spent on Zombicide and I still haven't added on the 2nd set of tiles yet.

I'll watch the stretch goals and next lot of addtions to see how I can manage my investments.

LGW
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster   Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2012 2:59 am

This stuff is awesome - very, very excited - upped my pledge (the terrain is amazing and the ridley model (particularly as the stretch goal will be reached at a stroll) is well worth the extra $10 pledge.

In my opinion the sculpts are better quality (by a big margin) than zombicide, the terrain is a huge bonus for DS games (not to mention upgrading Space Hulk/Alabaster games. I'm now in for the same price as I was for zombicide. If they add in extra models (with strain variants) I may go higher. For now I would like more tiles!

This will give a significant boost to the pledging over the next few days.

Cheers Laney
Back to top Go down
Lord GreyWolf

Lord GreyWolf

PostSubject: Re: Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster   Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2012 3:41 am

I like the Terrain pack it rocks
Ripley is nice and I have added one but its not what I was hoping for. Like most of the pledger's we want Sedition War characters.

over all I am really happy with my investment.
This game looks amazing I just want more tiles.... once we get that its going to be awesome.

Remember this game is going to eventually become a Skirmish type game...

LGW
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster   Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2012 9:12 am

Seems people like the new stretch goals and stuff $187,988 and counting! (wonder what the next stretch will be?)

For me to up my pledge from this - it would need to be something very special though!

Laney:D
Back to top Go down
Da Bank

Da Bank

PostSubject: Re: Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster   Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2012 12:36 pm

I will be joining. Dr Ridley? Can you say Aliens? I love the idea and concept.
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster   Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2012 4:27 pm

1,343 Backers
$199,113 pledged of $20,000 goal
20 days to go

Not pledging yet. I could get just the Terrain, Dr. Ridley and her Strain infected version for $40. I need to be tempted to get the box set (which implies $100). If they make a $210k goal of adding some terrain to the box set ($100 pledge) you will see LOTS of people not only pledging for the box but adding Terrain. POW!

I will keep watch.
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster   Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2012 6:32 pm

New Stretch - $210K 4 extra Phase 3 Strain models (scythe witch and brimstone) - more cool stuff!

$201,874 currently (it was around $170K this morning)

Laney
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster   Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2012 8:31 pm

1,364 Backers
$204,075 pledged of $20,000 goal
19 days to go

They forgot to add the $210k Goal on the main page... Just Kidding

Adding the 4 Phase 3 Strain models (2 of each kind) is nice... but for me they are missing that 'must have' to drive me over the edge (and I mean crazy $150+ pledge). I suggest some terrain (not much, but enough to tease) and a NEW kind of model (not additional models of what we could have)... let's face it, I rather receive NEW models (with a an online PDF download of a small campaign to use them) at a later time, than a bunch of repeat models that I may never use now.

The models are nice... but not the 'it' factor. At the end of the day, I may spend $40 and get just the Terrain and Ripley & Strain.

I will keep watch for the 'must have' factor.
Back to top Go down
sultansean

sultansean

PostSubject: Re: Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster   Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2012 11:20 pm

I'm with Mord, it's not quite at "must have" yet. You get lots of models but it is lots of the same models/ similar poses. I'm also not a huge fan of the strain models in general so that is preventing me from committing as well. To me it seems very similar to space hulk which I have and don't play already.

I also have to pay $25 for shipping, but if I leaved a couple hundred kilometers further south it would be free. Why couldn't they have just made it a flat rate for everybody?
Back to top Go down
Daemonicus

Daemonicus

PostSubject: Re: Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster   Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2012 5:07 am

I'm still waiting on this. Currently I have no spare cash to buy this. I'll wait and see.
Back to top Go down
Da Bank

Da Bank

PostSubject: Re: Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster   Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2012 9:15 am

They met the $210K goal. Let's see what they have planned for the next stretch goal.

BACKERS
$212,380
PLEDGED OF $20,000 GOAL
DAYS TO GO
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster   Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2012 9:21 am

Da Bank wrote:
Let's see what they have planned for the next stretch goal.
YES! Hopefully they would tempt me. Just Kidding For the record, I pledged on Zombicide when they were at $365k... that $380k goal drove me insane and I end up going overboard. Just Kidding While I'm not 100% in love with the Strain models... WOA!!!! Necron Flayed Ones!!! Hmmm... looks more tempting!
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster   Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2012 12:51 pm

They are working on...

Quote :
And now.... at the request of a lot of our Backers, we're working on a free solo campaign which we're gonna call "Lights Out". We should have more details today and a unique stretch goal associated with it. Stay tuned....

SOLO CAMPAIGN FOR THE WIN! (unique stretch goal - wonder what it will be - more minis please!)

Laney
Back to top Go down
Da Bank

Da Bank

PostSubject: Re: Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster   Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2012 8:22 pm

A solo campaign is a great idea.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster   Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster
Page 4 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next