Death Squads Game Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster

Go down 
+10
Dysturbed
Da Bank
mudboy
Narcissus
ClausLars
DeafNala
Gatlag Stonetooth
Mordheimer
Laney
Lord GreyWolf
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster   Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 10:10 pm

Progress report: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster

2,464 Backers
$478,087 pledged of $20,000 goal
4 days to go

Insane... all the Firefly fans went CRAZY! Hhehehe... all 4 members are now included. VERY COOL! Cool

New stretch goal...
Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster - Page 7 SW-KS-Stretch-520k
Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster - Page 7 SW-KS-Stretch-520k-Keegan-shadow

Lord GreyWolf wrote:
So Mord you really can afford it just bid what you can afford and then add the rest on later when you have more funds.
You are absolutely right! I can do $150 (Biohazzard, Terrain & Mercenary Crew) and add the other models a little later if they let me. I need to pledge.... yikes!
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
Da Bank

Da Bank

PostSubject: Re: Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster   Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 10:36 pm

Do you have to pay for the calamity crew or iare they included in the $100?
Back to top Go down
Lord GreyWolf

Lord GreyWolf

PostSubject: Re: Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster   Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 11:17 pm

Da Bank wrote:
Do you have to pay for the calamity crew or iare they included in the $100?

$20 bucks for the Merc Crew

LGW
Back to top Go down
sultansean

sultansean

PostSubject: Re: Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster   Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 11:52 pm

that Merc crew is really tempting me in, and the bonecrabs look cool too. I think I'm looking at Biohazard the Merc Crew and Number 6 so $155. It's only money right?
Back to top Go down
Lord GreyWolf

Lord GreyWolf

PostSubject: Re: Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster   Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 11:53 pm

just had a look at the site and this is the best thing they could do for their KS project

Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster - Page 7 Recommended-Loadout750

Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster - Page 7 Optional-Loadout.750

and with the New Riddick miniature its getting SO tempting to join in....

LGW
Back to top Go down
Narcissus

Narcissus

PostSubject: Re: Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster   Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 1:50 am

Sultansean-I'm planning to pledge too. So when you are down here we can always play a few games. Maybe between us we will manage to get a painted set.

Forgive my ignorance, but what is the mercenary crew based off of?

Are all of the additional models and mercenary crew plastic or resin?
Back to top Go down
http://rustandthecity.blogspot.com/
Lord GreyWolf

Lord GreyWolf

PostSubject: Re: Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster   Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 2:00 am

as far as I know all should be plastic the only resin minis they sell are on their website and the kickstart is plastic.

As for the merc crew they are based on the Firefly T.V series and movie

cheers
LGW
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster   Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 8:20 am

Ohhh Firefly!!!!!

This was THE most under-rated sci-fi show EVER. It was released at the time that it became mainstream to record/download/torrent TV for later watching and thus it was barely seen on TV. The TV Ratings organization in USA (Neilsen) had no way (or idea) on how to measure it, so the show suffered terrible ratings. It was cancelled after one season.

TV life moved on. Little more than a year later, it became mainstream to release TV series on DVD sets. Firefly was released in a limited print. Nothing special to it, just not a huge amount of copies. They sold 2 million DVDs in less than 3 months. TV execs were baffled... it was a 'terribly unwatched TV show'. Instead the idiots discovered that this was going to be bigger than Stargate (which I hear is pretty big). The creator of the series got funding to make a movie, Serenity, to wrap up the series... what the fans asked.

Basically, Firefly has been described as cowboy (spaghetti western) in space. Humanity has expanded to space... we are all alone (no aliens) so the same 'crap' we see now, we 'enjoy' across billions of miles in outer space. The central government (Alliance) rules with an iron fist and the farther planets barely have anything (living in extreme poverty). Colonists are send with the bare necessities, so their settlement look like 1800' American western towns... dusty roads, horses and agro/mining business. They do have electronics, but are scarce. Some other planets have been settled for longer periods, so they are more industrialized. Some are very 'modern' and other 'futuristic'.

The captain of the Firefly and his band of men (and women!) are just trying to make a living. Dealing and trading... picking up jobs for money, so they can continue flying. The problem is that 'honest' jobs are scarce, so they do anything... from salvaging to plain old robbing.

The series develop all the characters very well. The Captain is torned between taking care of his crew, hating the Alliance and doing the 'right' thing. His first mate is a loyal soldier, from the old days under the Captain's command. SHE is tough... but very smart, keeping a cool posture at all times. The pilot is a fly-boy genius... but a complete goof-ball. Forget the Top-Gun crap... this guy has skills, but he is funny insane. He is married to the 1st mate... funny to watch him STILL trying to impress her. The enforcer is the typical brute... he owns more guns than anyone, has the brain of a walnut but (somehow) respects the captain. Very money (or sex) driven. The engineer is cute! She is a prodigy of mix-matching and jerry-rigging stuff... and she loves her little ship. It is comforting how she sees everything with an innocent light (especially when confronted by the cynical Captain or the brute enforcer). They also have the Shepperd (a priest), a doctor and a lunatic passengers they picked for money, but retain as crew. Then is the Ambassador. Just watch the series. SHE makes it worth while.

The movie, Serenity, closes the series... explains the mysteries with the lunatic girl, the Reavers and what the Alliance has been doing. VERY FUN AND INTELLIGENT. Few quotes...

Mal: "I look out for me and mine. That don't include you 'less I conjure it does. Now you stuck a thorn in the Alliance's paw -- that tickles me a bit. But it also means I gotta step twice as fast to avoid 'em, and that means turnin' down plenty of jobs. Even honest ones. Put this crew together with the promise of work, which the Alliance makes harder every year. Come a day there won't be room for naughty men like us to slip about at all. This job goes south, there well not be another. So here's us, on the raggedy edge."

Zoe: "No one's gonna force you to go, Jayne. As has been stated -- this job's strictly speculative."
Jayne: "Good. 'Cause I don't know these folks, don't much care to."
Mal: "They're whores."
Jayne: "I'm in."

Jayne: (wearing ugly homemade hat) "How's it sit? Pretty cunning, don'tchya think?"
Kaylee: "I think it's the sweetest hat ever."
Book: "Makes a statement."
Jayne: "Yeah, yeah!"
Wash: "A man walks down the street in that hat, people know he's not afraid of anything."
Jayne: "Damn straight."

Wash: "Hey, I've been in a firefight before! Well, I was in a fire." (beat) "Actually, I was fired from a fry-cook opportunity."

Zoe: "Preacher, don't the Bible have some pretty specific things to say about killing?
Book: "Quite specific. It is, however, somewhat fuzzier on the subject of kneecaps."

Zoe: "Can we find someplace with a beach?"
Wash: (grinning and skipping to her) "Maybe a naked beach?" (they kiss)
Mal: "Cut it out. Job's not done 'til we're back on Serenity."
Zoe: "Sorry, sir, didn't mean to enjoy the moment."

Book: "What are we up to, sweetheart?"
River: "Fixing your Bible."
Book: "I, um...(alarmed)...what?"
River: "Bible's broken. Contradictions, false logistics - doesn't make sense." (she's marked up the bible, crossed out passages)
Book: "No, no. You - you can't...
River: "So we'll integrate non-progressional evolution theory with God's creation of Eden. Eleven inherent metaphoric parallels already there. Eleven. Important number. Prime number. One goes into the house of eleven eleven times, but always comes out one. Noah's ark is a problem."
Book: "Really?"
River: "We'll have to call it early quantum state phenomenon. Only way to fit 5000 species of mammal on the same boat." (rips out page)

Kaylee: (pointing to a pink frilly dress) "Say, look at the fluffy one!"
Zoe: "Too much foofaraw. If I'm going to wear a dress, I'd want something with some slink."
Wash: "You want a slinky dress? I can buy you a slinky dress. Captain, can I have money for a slinky dress?"
Jayne: "I'll chip in."
Zoe: (to Jayne) "I can hurt you."

WATCH THE SERIES!
Back to top Go down
mudboy

mudboy

PostSubject: Re: Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster   Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 8:33 am

Mordheimer wrote:

WATCH THE SERIES!

So true! It's one of the best tv shows ever made! And that's coming from a guy who hates tv!
Back to top Go down
Lazi

Lazi

PostSubject: Re: Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster   Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 9:57 am

Awesomest of the awesome Smile Great quotes, suprising endings (I really love the Trainjob ending with that Crow character Very Happy ), nice characters - and every one is different, supercool environment (scifi combined with western? gimme more!!!), interesting story line... Simply: If you didn't watch it, do it! If you did, do it again!

While I am really sad it was so short, its possible that it would get really bad after few season and that it would become less interesting, that it would loose some of its appeal...
Back to top Go down
Dysturbed

Dysturbed

PostSubject: Re: Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster   Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 11:39 am

The train job one of my absolute favorite episodes.
That and any of them with Mal's "wife" in them.

I just wish they wouldn't have killed off Wash in the movie.
"Ah, curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!"
Back to top Go down
Narcissus

Narcissus

PostSubject: Re: Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster   Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 9:44 pm

Stretch goal met. Riddick, I mean Keegan, is coming. In March 2013 though. Pretty cool addition. I think we will some pretty quick and exciting stretch goals in the next few days.
Back to top Go down
Lord GreyWolf

Lord GreyWolf

PostSubject: Re: Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster   Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 10:03 pm

I am still waiting to see what is added I have sold half of my Legion army so I may still be able to join back in on this project but not sure if/when I'll get the funds together....

I'll have to wait and see.

LGW
Back to top Go down
Narcissus

Narcissus

PostSubject: Re: Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster   Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 10:09 pm

The new stretch goals are fantastic!

For $15 you can buy the carapace suit as an extra model ($40 in metal). I really like these models.
Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster - Page 7 THI-Suit-600modelshot

Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster - Page 7 THI-Suit-600modelshotARMS
Comes with 4 arms.

Battlefoam for $80 for Biohazard + other models.
Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster - Page 7 Openbag

Stretch goal at $600,000: Iron Lily.
Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster - Page 7 SW-KS-Stretch-600k-Pilot-Shot

The carapace armour is awesome. Definitely getting one.
Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster - Page 7 2912301
This picture is the painted metal version from the Studio McVey site. I believe the plastic version is the same model.

Edit: Pledged! I was planning to for the last few weeks. I pledged for the Biohazard+THI carapace. I may get the terrain pack or an additional character. If they added some resin add on options I would be pleased and definitely buy those. Maybe a deal on some of their resin firebrand models...
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster   Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 10:30 pm

2,631 Backers
$526,777 pledged of $20,000 goal
3 days to go

Man... this is getting WAY out of hand. I need to sell a kidney... I want it all! AGHHHH!!!! Why they decide to do this so close to Zombicide?!?! The carapace armour is SUPER awesome. Looking for money to pledge...

EDIT: I could not resist... I PLEDGED! Shocked Biohazzard, Terrain Pack and Mercenary Crew. I will start saving some cash to get all the characters (and maybe the Lights Outs) later.

Last edited by Mordheimer on Tue Jun 26, 2012 10:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Lord GreyWolf

Lord GreyWolf

PostSubject: Re: Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster   Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 10:55 pm

pledge now what you can afford and add more latter.... DOH!!!

Its going to take longer then 3 days to sell your kidney and have the op. your better off selling your blood or sperm.

I may not join back on its so tempting but I have so much on with all of my other projects

Warmachine [got my Colossal in transit plus the third tier Warcaster Nemo and his sidekick]
Zombicide [oddles of Zombies, and Survivors to paint up]
Blitzkrieg Commander II [ Currently basing my Germans and painting up the Soviet hordes]
Future War Commander [Organizing and converting up two Ork Armies]
FWC Skirmish [making up 6mm and 28mm versions of this. depends on what figs I have left over]
American Civil WarMaster [have 6mm Union and Confederates on order]
X-wing [on pre-order]
Tutatis [have Ork, and Necro team. Dwarfs, Poffy and Lizard team in transit]
Super Dungeon Explore [in tranist and expansions on pre-order]

So heaps that will keep me busy both with time and $$$

LGW

NB: they would need to add in some thing pretty AMAZING for me to get back on board.

Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster   Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 11:35 pm

Mordheimer wrote:
EDIT: I could not resist... I PLEDGED! Shocked Biohazzard, Terrain Pack and Mercenary Crew. I will start saving some cash to get all the characters (and maybe the Lights Outs) later.
Done... hehehe
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster   Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2012 1:45 am

@LGW: Sounds like you've got more than enough on mate (I had thought I had a backlog!). Shame the X-Wing game wasn't a kickstarter - Fantasy Flight deserve a portion of my cash.

Those new goals are amazing - they will definitely be getting an extra $15 for the carapace armour - people will be remortgaging houses for this lot. The battlefoam is great but way too expensive.

Laney
Back to top Go down
Lord GreyWolf

Lord GreyWolf

PostSubject: Re: Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster   Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2012 2:02 am

@Laney: I'd have more soon if and when you send me a bitz box for a kit bash session... Laughing bounce Wink

the big list is the main cause of my withdrawal from Sedition wars.

Thought if they get to 600k and the next stretch offers something truly amazing I may throw my hat back into the game [ will have to sell my first born or some body parts to do it....]

LGW
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster   Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2012 9:13 am

Lord GreyWolf wrote:
[ will have to sell my first born or some body parts to do it....]
I though I didn't have time to sell a kidney... you must be quite the salesman! Just Kidding
Back to top Go down
Lord GreyWolf

Lord GreyWolf

PostSubject: Re: Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster   Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2012 3:49 pm

Mordheimer wrote:
Lord GreyWolf wrote:
[ will have to sell my first born or some body parts to do it....]
I though I didn't have time to sell a kidney... you must be quite the salesman! Just Kidding

15 years retail experience does come in handy....

and being a guinea pig for some new experimental drug pays up front and good money.... just have to watch for the side effects.

LGW
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster   Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 7:06 am

2,849 Backers
$600,575 pledged of $20,000 goal
57 HOURS to go

Well... Lilly is OURS! Nice model... hhehehe
Quote :
"Trapped in the cargo facility, conscript Jada "Iron" Lily has survived while jacked into a sturdy THI lifter. Now Jada is clocking some harsh overtime, crushing strain skulls and trying to escape the predatory contagion infecting Alabaster station."

If we hit this stretch, every Biohazard set gets Iron Lily! She may be a little squishy without her THI carapace though... (hint hint). And not to worry, if we don't hit this stretch she'll be available in the CKPM as an option!
Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster - Page 7 SW-KS-Stretch-600k-Pilot-Shot

Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster - Page 7 SW-KS-Stretch-650k
Now, the $650k stretch goal will be another Biohazzard freebie... Battle Damaged Akosha!
Quote :
Vanguard forward operators often find themselves adapting to "close encounters." Akosha has decided to switch up to full kick-murder wetwork gear! Ready to get surgical on some Strain mutant freaks? She is.

Every Biohazard set gets the battle damaged version of this deadly cyborg if we hit this stretch! Ships March 2013, unpainted and unassembled.
Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster - Page 7 Battle_damaged_akosha
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster   Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 1:49 pm

Ace models - the battle damaged Akosha might be my favourite yet! - great to see they are adding to the biohazard level. I have 50 hours to decde whether or not to chip in for a carapce armour suit (would make a great ogryn counts as!).

They might just need some more strain though (they are getting a little left out at the minute!)

Laney:D
Back to top Go down
Narcissus

Narcissus

PostSubject: Re: Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster   Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 9:14 pm

I really like the new models. I like that now I will get a few random extra models without having to get the add-on characters. None of them really appealed to me, but I am quite pleased to be getting Keegan, and hopefully Akosha cyborg.

I ordered a THI carapace armour. I love the look of the firebrand. The THI will fit with that, be fun to paint, and has a lot of potential use in other games.
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster   Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 9:47 pm

3,003 Backers
$640,007 pledged of $20,000 goal
43 HOURS to go

Great pace to get Battle Damaged Akosha! I figured that I need ~$120 MORE to get all I want. Shocked These people are EVIL! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster   Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster - Page 7 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster
Page 7 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next