Death Squads Game Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Official Community of the Fan-Made 40k Skirmish Wargame Death Squads!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster

Go down 
+10
Dysturbed
Da Bank
mudboy
Narcissus
ClausLars
DeafNala
Gatlag Stonetooth
Mordheimer
Laney
Lord GreyWolf
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
AuthorMessage
Laney

Laney

Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster   Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2012 12:48 am

My logic on this (and zombicide) was simple. Pledge the money and worry about explaining it all later. Don't buy anything 'obvious' between now and then (the 6th edition starter set does not apply to that logic - it sounds too cool to miss!) to soften the blow.

Justify it (along wth so many other games) as a really cool thing to have for my two boys when they are old enough (along with the new copy of talisman, the battered heroquest boxed game, blood bowl, space hulk etc and everything else regarded as 'clutter').

Cheers Laney:D
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster   Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2012 7:52 am

hehehe... I may as well change my name to ClausLars, DaBank or Laney. 'nuff said. Just Kidding
Back to top Go down
http://www.DeathSquadsGame.com
Da Bank

Da Bank

PostSubject: Re: Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster   Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2012 6:37 pm

Yea, many of us feel the pain.
Back to top Go down
Dysturbed

Dysturbed

PostSubject: Re: Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster   Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2012 7:30 pm

i know i won't get away with it so i decided to make many small purchases on my abhuman squad instead.
Back to top Go down
mudboy

mudboy

PostSubject: Re: Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster   Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 3:34 am

I'm filling in the survey to but there's some things I'm not sure of.

Do you write the amount of ekstra packs or the total price of ekstra packs?

The Thi suit is listed with a price of 10$ instead of the 15 it was in the picture with all the other stuff?

And what the hell is an Aphid Frame? It's listed between the Ekstra Gnosis suit and shipping?

A bit confused scratch
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster   Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 8:51 am

@ mudboy: I was asking the same thing... what the hell is an Aphid Frame?!? Well, I found it...

Quote :
Bulkhead doors, airlocks, and walls can slow the progress of a tactical breach. Trained to use Exo-armor in tight conditions, Barker's Aphid industrial power-frame is perfect in the cramped conditions of Alabaster station. Customized with armor plating, industrial breaching tools and a close range kinesis shredder, Barker uses this suit to get to them before they can get to you.
Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster - Page 9 Barker_exo_2_rough

Seems like the price is reduced to $20? The THI at $10 was a mistake (typo) based on an Project Update #62:
www.kickstarter.com/projects/coolminiornot/sedition-wars-battle-for-alabaster/posts/263917
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster   Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 3:55 pm

Survey done - I guessed the THI suit was a typo.

My goodies...

Biohazard, THI suit, Terrain Pack, Hexen, Ramirez, Banks, Ridley (and postage - boo! I want to buy more stuff!)

So excited

Laney
Back to top Go down
mudboy

mudboy

PostSubject: Re: Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster   Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 10, 2012 4:26 pm

Instead of extra tiles, small drones and those little strain crabs I just got another biohazard set Cool DOUBLE TROUBLE!!
Back to top Go down
Mordheimer

Mordheimer

PostSubject: Re: Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster   Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 8:50 am

Good one mudboy! You got what you wanted PLUS extra models! Shocked

I got the same as Laney... no shipping. Sorry! Embarassed I have ~ a month to save $50, so I can add the Lights Out Campaign Pack.
Back to top Go down
Da Bank

Da Bank

PostSubject: Re: Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster   Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 11, 2012 1:38 pm

I went with biohazard, the battle star galatica cyclon girl, clamity crew, scorpion things.
Back to top Go down
Narcissus

Narcissus

PostSubject: Re: Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster   Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2013 3:00 am

Got a UPS slip saying mine has arrived. Just need to pick it up tomorrow.

After waiting so long, I am completely undecided on this game. Will I find opponents? Should I play/keep it?
Back to top Go down
http://rustandthecity.blogspot.com/
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster   Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2013 6:18 pm

Looking forward to this so much!

This is definitely a keeper!

Laney
Back to top Go down
Narcissus

Narcissus

PostSubject: Re: Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster   Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2013 6:40 pm

Just discovered the UPS delivery was for something else :-(.
Back to top Go down
mudboy

mudboy

PostSubject: Re: Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster   Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2013 11:24 am

Mine is schedueled for monday. But I'm not home monday:(
Back to top Go down
Da Bank

Da Bank

PostSubject: Re: Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster   Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2013 4:28 am

Got mine on Monday but I put it up on ebay. I have no time to play. Bummer but hopefully someone can get some use out of it.
Back to top Go down
rhuntar

rhuntar

PostSubject: Re: Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster   Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2013 11:31 pm

My copy is at the local fed ex distribution center. Was hoping for a delivery but will have to wait til Tuesday!!! First time I've been upset to have a Monday holiday!

Sorry to hear you're passing on it, Da Bank. Hope you make your money back! Did you have any specialty models coming in March? Are you going to hang on to any of those?
Back to top Go down
https://twitter.com/Oftheninefinger
rhuntar

rhuntar

PostSubject: Re: Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster   Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2013 9:44 pm

Double post, but its been a few days...

My copy finally showed up tonight. I'm pretty excited to hunker down by the fire and read through the rules. Assembly and the other work can wait for another day. No issues at first glance with warped boards or funky models. Stuff looks pretty fantastic at first glance. Definitely will be trying to plan a DS squad around some of them, if I can get away with it.

cheers
-rhuntar
Back to top Go down
https://twitter.com/Oftheninefinger
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster   Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2013 2:40 am

Still not got mine - rather upset! It's almost february! And I live no more than a couple of hours from McVey studios.

However, I have more kickstarter goodness in the pipeline... More zombicide stuff, Through the Breach (I might try Malifaux too), Darklands (some lovely fantasy minis from Mierce Miniatures).

I hope I'm not disappointed.

Laney Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Narcissus

Narcissus

PostSubject: Re: Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster   Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2013 3:35 am

I got a shipping notice a week ago so I am hoping it will arrive sometime soon. Customs is really hit or miss here. Sometimes a package gets through without issues and sometimes it takes months. The other day I had a Christmas card show up torn in half.

I am still really undecided about how I feel about the game. I am interested to see the sculpt quality and to paint up a few of the models. I'm interested to play a few games and see how it all is. At the moment though I am really unsure if I will continue with Sedition Wars at all.

To those that have done some Kickstarters, I would love to see some pictures of your models and hear about how you have enjoyed the games and the experiences.
Back to top Go down
Narcissus

Narcissus

PostSubject: Re: Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster   Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2013 1:59 am

I received mine today. The models look pretty good but are smaller in scale than I had expected. The humans are noticeably thinner than GW models. I'll try to get a few painted up this weekend and will post some pictures of my progress.
Back to top Go down
Laney

Laney

PostSubject: Re: Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster   Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2013 2:21 am

I've not yet got my copy and I'm bloody annoyed about it! Due date: November, now February!

Glad you've got yours Narcissus - show us how it all comes together.

Laney
Back to top Go down
Narcissus

Narcissus

PostSubject: Re: Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster   Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2013 3:55 am

I'm still undecided about what to do with it. I am going to paint a few models from the biohazard extras before deciding. The details on the models are nice. The plastic is nice and hard. The reviews I have read on gameplay have been overall fairly negative.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster   Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster - Page 9 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Kickestarter: Sedition Wars: Battle for Alabaster
Page 9 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9